May 07 2012
By: yupi890 First Son 12 posts

Jane Porter aka My Mom

2 replies 16 views Edited May 7, 2012

Maybe some of you have already read my story as a gamer ( http://community.us.playstation.com/message/37668170#37668170 ) but what I did not tell you, was my mothers story as a gamer. For her it all started in 1999 when we got Disney's Tarzan at first she treated it as another game, she was not much of a gamer but enjoyed keeping me company while I played. But then she started to play this game, and she was hooked.

She was actually the first in the household to defeat Sabor, who I must admit terrified me back at the time, and in my mind looked very realistic. But you know this is not the surprising part. What actually shocks me is that years after she kept playing it, she has finished the game countless times. Even when we got a ps2 she kept the psx for herself and kept playing, actually till last year that the controller gave up (the system was still working great job sony awesome product quality) she kept playing it. So yea my mom got such a passion for a psx game that she played the game for 12 years, now talk about dedication.

Message 1 of 3 (16 Views)
0 Likes
SCEA
1487 posts

Re: Jane Porter aka My Mom

OFFICIAL POST
May 9, 2012

It's funny how non gamers can find that one game that they figure out how to master, and are just totally happy to continue to play it. Like going back to a good book. Great story, thanks for sharing!

- morgan haro - PlayStation.com
@morganharo

Message 2 of 3 (16 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Re: Jane Porter aka My Mom

May 10, 2012

I know right, she is completly happy with the same game, I think trophy whoring ruined me, after a platnum I see no atraction in the game what so ever.

Message 3 of 3 (16 Views)
0 Likes