Apr 19 2013
By: Mercenary09 Treasure Hunter 4461 posts

Jak and Daxter Collection Goes Portable on PS Vita This June

[ Edited ]
19 replies 354 views Edited Apr 19, 2013

+ Posted by Victor Harris // Associate Producer, SCEA

Jak and Daxter Collection on PS Vita

In February 2012, Naughty Dog’s beloved Jak and Daxter franchise got a faithful HD remake on PS3 in the form of Jak and Daxter Collection, satiating series fans and introducing newcomers to the duo. This June, we’re expanding the collection to the portable audience. Jak and Daxter Collection (comprised of three of Jak and Daxter’s legendary adventures – Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy, Jak II, and Jak 3) is coming to PS Vita for just $29.99.

The power of PS Vita means Jak and Daxter Collection will feature authentically reproduced graphics from the original games. Longtime fans will instantly feel at home, and new players will experience the world of Jak and Daxter for the first time, along with new touch-based applications of certain mini games throughout the collection.

Jak and Daxter Collection on PS VitaJak and Daxter Collection on PS Vita

Jak and Daxter Collection on PS Vita has full Trophy support, but fear not Trophy hunters — the list isn’t shared with the PS3 version, so go for the Platinum!

We’ve been hard at work on this addition to the Jak and Daxter lineage, and we can’t wait to hear your hover board triumph stories as well as your trials and tribulations during your quests for more eco.

Message 1 of 20 (354 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4158 posts

Re: Jak and Daxter Collection Goes Portable on PS Vita This June

Apr 19, 2013
Sweet! This will be the first time I actually play these games.
Message 2 of 20 (348 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1508 posts

Apr 19, 2013

Crap!!! I have a certain amount of money put aside ($110) for Vita games and already was having a hard time trying to figure out what to get and then this gets shown for $29.99, "WHAT AM I GOING TO DOOOOOO!?!?!?" lol.

Better make a list and get together with my boys to figure out where the value is. Though this looks like a great deal. Sigh.

Was looking at Soul Sacrifice, Sly Cooper, P4G, NFS: MW, PSO2 (if it comes to PSN NA before Fall 2013). Better play more of the SS Demo. Wish they had a P4G and NFS: MW demo. Hmmmmmmm.... lol.

Sony, whatever you do, DON'T announce a Ratchet and Clank or Legacy of Kain HD Collection. Smiley Mad Smiley Wink Smiley Very Happy

Message 3 of 20 (334 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1916 posts

Apr 19, 2013

UnrealButcher wrote:

Sony, whatever you do, DON'T announce a Ratchet and Clank or Legacy of Kain HD Collection. Smiley Mad Smiley Wink Smiley Very Happy

Don't listen to him!

Anywho, I'm very glad to see J&D Collection coming to Vita! I do not own a PS3 and wanted to dip into the J&D series. I hope every HD Collection comes to Vita...the aforementioned ones and especially GoW!

Message 4 of 20 (327 Views)
Survivor
2536 posts

Apr 19, 2013

UnrealButcher wrote:

Was looking at Soul Sacrifice, Sly Cooper, P4G, NFS: MW, PSO2 (if it comes to PSN NA before Fall 2013). Better play more of the SS Demo. Wish they had a P4G and NFS: MW demo. Hmmmmmmm.... lol.

Even though Sly Cooper is a new game while this is more like an HD version of already existing games, you will be getting more value out of this than SC. PSO2, if it ever comes overseas, is a free game. Sega only charges for the retail version, the digital one is free to donwload as the catch is in microtransactions and purchaseable stuff~.

Message 5 of 20 (325 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1020 posts

Apr 19, 2013
YES~!!!
Message 6 of 20 (315 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1508 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 19, 2013

xClayMeow wrote:

UnrealButcher wrote:

Don't listen to him!

Anywho, I'm very glad to see J&D Collection coming to Vita! I do not own a PS3 and wanted to dip into the J&D series. I hope every HD Collection comes to Vita...the aforementioned ones and especially GoW!

You do know I was being sarcastic. Right? lol.

I was just saying it would really put my in a bind for figuring out what to get. I'd love to see both of those series on the Vita. So listen up Sony.

JuanMdP wrote:

UnrealButcher wrote:

Even though Sly Cooper is a new game while this is more like an HD version of already existing games, you will be getting more value out of this than SC. PSO2, if it ever comes overseas, is a free game. Sega only charges for the retail version, the digital one is free to donwload as the catch is in microtransactions and purchaseable stuff~.

Alright, thanks Juan.

Are there any benefits to buying a retail version, other then having it on your shelf? Maybe not having to buy these microtransactions and puchaseable stuff? TIA.

Message 7 of 20 (315 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1916 posts

Apr 19, 2013

UnrealButcher wrote:

xClayMeow wrote:

UnrealButcher wrote:

Don't listen to him!

You do know I was being sarcastic. Right? lol.

I was just saying it would really put my in a bind for figuring out what to get. I'd love to see both of those series on the Vita. So listen up Sony.

Duh
Message 8 of 20 (303 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2536 posts

Apr 19, 2013

UnrealButcher wrote:

Alright, thanks Juan.

Are there any benefits to buying a retail version, other then having it on your shelf? Maybe not having to buy these microtransactions and puchaseable stuff? TIA.

You can play the entire game without buying anything. Buying stuff will only make things easier, but they aren't mandatory at all. The retail version, in addition to sparing you of a good chunk on your memcard (3GBs or so) also comes with some extras like costumes, weapons, some store credit and other stuff. Though, again, it's mostly fluff (good fluff though). None of this is mandatory to play the game~.

That said, that's in Japan. There's no telling that if PSO2 ever comes to the West it'll come in both flavours vs digital only which seems to be a preferred choice for a lot of publishers as of late~.

Message 9 of 20 (291 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
20180 posts

Apr 19, 2013
I believe that this was leaked somewhere earlier, but nonetheless, I'm happy for this news. J&D was one of my favorite gaming series on the PS2 and purchased an original PSP thinking that I could play them on there. I was sadly disappointed. Smiley Very Happy

I don't own a Vita, but if I did, I would definitely pick up the collection. The games are simply fantastic and I recommend anyone who owns a Vita to pick up this game. Smiley Happy
Message 10 of 20 (285 Views)
0 Likes