Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Apr 24 2009
By: Redmasamune Lombax Warrior 143 posts

Its so crap how the PS3 cant delete or remove corrupted data...

32 replies 21359 views Edited Apr 24, 2009
I know it takes uo 0kb of data, but it looks crap seeing a broken image in my list games or saved data. And please dont say reformat beacuse thast just stupid, to get ridd of one thing...
Message 1 of 33 (21,359 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5436 posts

Re: Its so crap how the PS3 cant delete or remove corrupted data...

Apr 24, 2009

its not an OS like winblows that you can queak. thats the way it is. its a simple functional OS. backup your data and reformat!

320gb Slim
500gb Slim
SoftModded Wii with 640GB HDD
320gb XBox 360 S
LG 55" 120Hz LCD
LG 1000w 5.1
42" Panasonic Viera Plasma
4TB Media Server
320GB HD PVR

Playstation Plus Member

Gaming Since 1983
Message 2 of 33 (21,358 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
143 posts

Apr 24, 2009
If its so simple it should be able to delete it. Or if it cant do that it should be able to remove it from the list so at least you cant see it.
Message 3 of 33 (21,358 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3399 posts

Apr 24, 2009

I agree, its not just corrpt data. On my external hard drive I keep all my videos, I transfer them over from my PC. Well, everytime I connect the hard drive to my PC, it puts a Recycling Bin file on it.

So when I'm browsing the videos on the PS3, I see all my movie titles and in the middle I see RECYCLING BIN.

When I try to delete it, the PS3 says it can't delete it because its not a video file.... Well DUH, why do you think I want to delete it?!?

.. and FUTHERMORE, do you realize you're reading my signature?!?

Gameplays, Reviews, Playstation Move videos, ect... www.youtube.com/farmhousemedia3000
Message 4 of 33 (21,358 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3421 posts

Apr 24, 2009

i haven't had much corrupt data on my ps3 but i have had some.

and i was able to delete them everytime.

if you cannot something is wrong with your hdd or your ps3.

Photobucket

1TB 7200RPM Destop HDD Under it's own power outside of the ps3 :smileytongue:
Message 5 of 33 (21,358 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Oct 7, 2009
I previously had a few "Corrupted File" icons on my PS3 for many months. I got an error message every time I attempted to delete these files, but I finally found the solution. There is no need to back-up any files, but you can if it'll help you feel better. I've shared this trick with many people, and there were no problems. Don't hold me responsible if you lose anything, though. Just follow these steps...

1. Turn off Playstation 3.
2. Hold the power button down; the system will turn on and turn off once again.
3. Once the System has been shutdown, re-press you finger until you hear 2 consecutive beeps
4. When you hear the 2 beeps take finger off power button.
5. You will be prompted to plug in your controller via USB and then hit the PS button
6. The Recovery menu will pop up.
7. Select "Restore File System" from the Recovery menu.
8. Agree to restoring the file system.

You'll see a progress bar detailing the restoration, and once it is finished your system will restart. Your "Corrupted File" icons will still be there, but you will now be able to delete them.

Hope this helps!
Message 6 of 33 (21,358 Views)
Wastelander
782 posts

Oct 7, 2009
Where do these corrupt files come from?. I have had my ps3 for awhile and have never had one.
Message 7 of 33 (21,358 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4548 posts

Oct 7, 2009

Only corrupt file i have had was the Game Data for Wheelman, when i first installed it my power went out.

Whenever i tried to delete it,it would just sit there for a few minutes and do nothing.  I finally got tired of looking at it and went to delete it and just let it sit,It took almost 15 mins for it to finally finish deleting. But damnit it was finally gone.

primalcarnage Trophy Cardhref="http://www.us.playstation.com/PSN/SignUp">Get your Portable ID!
Message 8 of 33 (21,358 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
75 posts

Oct 7, 2009

Maccaspan wrote:

I agree, its not just corrpt data. On my external hard drive I keep all my videos, I transfer them over from my PC. Well, everytime I connect the hard drive to my PC, it puts a Recycling Bin file on it.

So when I'm browsing the videos on the PS3, I see all my movie titles and in the middle I see RECYCLING BIN.

When I try to delete it, the PS3 says it can't delete it because its not a video file.... Well DUH, why do you think I want to delete it?!?

Just make a folder called VIDEO(in caps) on your hardrive. When you plug it into the PS3 and go to video, it will show only the files in the video directory.

Message 9 of 33 (21,358 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Apr 6, 2010

if i do this, will i lose my saved data/game files?

Message 10 of 33 (21,358 Views)
0 Likes