PlayStation MVP
23640 posts

Re: It should be possible to remove PS3 Trophies from your PS3...

Jan 16, 2012

Arts1000 wrote:

I thought I was the only one in the world that found trophies anoying . I am not interested in the least in their concept or implimentation .I do not need something or someone to tell me I am doing well or enjoying the game .  and as another poster commented . A game is its own reward .All this stuff on my screen is jaring / disrupting ,yanking me out of the moment . I am at at a brilliant spot in a game and suddenly some crap flashes in my face right over top ....

( TROPHIE : GOOD BOY )

The other day I was trying to read some instruction on screen when a trophie banner cropped up right over top just long enough so I missed the ( one time ) turtorial . ........... Its like being at a drive in movie and just as the plot is revealed the snack bar takes over the microphone to let you know it will only be serving for the next twenty minutes and everyone misses the story .

Overstatment I know ....... still , I pay hundreds and hundreds for this experience and I should have the option to opt out.

Really? It's that "jarring/disrupting" to have a six inch message on the scren for all of five seconds? You know, gamers are often criticized for not having very good attention spans and for their inability to focus on something for very long. Now it seems that they have too much focus on certain things. You know what I say when I see a trophy message? "Oh, look at that", and then when it's gone I move right along to the next part of the game.

I see this not the actual trophy system itself being flawed, but more as something that gamers can't stand not having control over, and that's what the real issue is. Like I said before, I don't see this happening as trophies are stored on a remote server.

Please use plain text.
Message 81 of 105 (192 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Feb 14, 2012

I want to be able to delete the 0% as well. You hate a few games and you dont want to play them yet here is a 0% now staring you in the face everytime you look at your trophies.

Can we get something to help us out for that at least? Like a option called "oops"

Please use plain text.
Message 82 of 105 (192 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
61 posts

Feb 14, 2012

I agree, or for them games thats just not possible to play on ps3.  Also for them games that you have on multiple ps3 and you dont play games on that system and it required a update, and upon syncing the 100% you got on the system you do play. The other ps3 indicates you only got 80%

St. Matthew 19 verse 24: And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.
Please use plain text.
Message 83 of 105 (192 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Feb 18, 2012

I actually want to either opt out or be able to delete all trophies completely, I don't understand what all these trophies are for and why it's spamming me with those stupid messages. Absolutely stupid idea to begin with imo.

Please use plain text.
Message 84 of 105 (192 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Feb 22, 2012

Personally, I enjoy trophies.

I see trophies as a second breath of life to a game. First, I will complete the game as usual, without caring (much) about trophies and enjoy the content. Once completed, I will usually have anywhere around 30 to 50% trophies already obtained through normal gameplay. I then go to ps3trophies.com or .org and lookup which ones I am missing and then go get them. By then, I am used to the game's mechanics and controls and I consider them as additional challenges. I won't do this for every game, only the ones I really enjoy.

There are games that I only popped once in the PS3 and that I have ABSOLUTELY NO INTEREST into playing ever again, but now they show up on my list with 0% trophies. I want them out.

I would really appreciate having the option to selectively remove defunct listings like those. As a completionist, it pains me to see those there and it annoys me because I know they will always stay at 0%.  I don't mind keeping the ones that shows 10% or whatever... I just want the 0% out.

Please use plain text.
Message 85 of 105 (192 Views)
PlayStation MVP
14949 posts

Feb 22, 2012

Guess no one ever considered that the xbox has the SAME version..... They have achievements... we have trophies.... NONE of us can delete uncompleted achievements.

And yet..... I dont see ANY xbots complaining about incomplete achievements....

Get a life people.

You know you CAN turn notifications off........

Cognitive Dissonance - The ability to understand multiple viewpoints even if they conflict with one another - and still use critical thinking, logical thought, and common sense to come to the realization that only ONE is the correct one and the others are wrong.

Furiously Chaosing
Please use plain text.
Message 86 of 105 (192 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4082 posts

Feb 22, 2012

gR3yGh051 wrote:

Guess no one ever considered that the xbox has the SAME version..... They have achievements... we have trophies.... NONE of us can delete uncompleted achievements.

Get a life people.

-Minds are like Parachutes. They work best when open. -There's no limit to what brainwashed people can rationalize

I think they might be embarrassed by some of the games they play so they want to delete them so their friends wont find out or possibly trying to their parents from finding out what games they play.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Please use plain text.
Message 87 of 105 (192 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Feb 22, 2012

gR3yGh051 wrote:

Get a life people.

1) A quick google magic search shows many xbox users want to remove specific achievements too... Stop assuming stuff.

2) This has nothing to do with trophy notifications being annoying or removing the trophy system altogether. It's about people that cares about their own progression but wishes to remove specific trophy entries that shouldn't be there in the first place.

Please use plain text.
Message 88 of 105 (192 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4082 posts

Feb 22, 2012

Shadowed_31 wrote:

2) This has nothing to do with trophy notifications being annoying or removing the trophy system altogether.

To you, obviously, but maybe it's not such a great idea to chastise gR3yGh051 for "assuming too much", when not only have people complained about the trophy notifications and wishing there was no trophy system to begin with, but one of those people just posted before you (reply 83).

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Please use plain text.
Message 89 of 105 (192 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Feb 23, 2012

D-Nitrate wrote:

Shadowed_31 wrote:

2) This has nothing to do with trophy notifications being annoying or removing the trophy system altogether.

To you, obviously, but maybe it's not such a great idea to chastise gR3yGh051 for "assuming too much", when not only have people complained about the trophy notifications and wishing there was no trophy system to begin with, but one of those people just posted before you (reply 83).

Home is just an interface.  How you choose to use it says more about you than what Home is or what it can be for others.

Get your Portable ID!

Honestly, my apologies. I stand corrected.

Please use plain text.
Message 90 of 105 (192 Views)
0 Likes