Splicer
78 posts

Re: It should be possible to remove PS3 Trophies from your PS3...

Aug 10, 2011

I recently got a couple of trophies I didn't earn and really want to delete them so I can earn them myself, it is unfair that some glitch has given me a trophy I didn't earn because I feel I've cheated to get it.

Message 71 of 105 (175 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
6918 posts

Aug 10, 2011

Why didn't your brother just use or create his own account?  You say he has his own games, so I assume he would have one.  I think your point about trophy statistics is probably true, which is why I think hiding trophies, rather than deleting them, would be a good solution.  Also, this would provide more data for them to research - what games/trophies are people hiding?

To SlimeJim4136, what game and trophies were these?  I've had trophies I earned that didn't show up but never got trophies that I didn't earn, so I'm really curious.

Message 72 of 105 (175 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
78 posts

Aug 12, 2011

Was playing L.A. Noire and needed to get 100% game completion to get the platinum, was just driving around, doing one of the Streets of LA free roam and it popped up and gave me the platinum trophy. I did nothing to aquire it and it just gave it too me. I was playing Heavy Rain just before aswell and only needed the All Endings trophy to get the platinum and completed a normal playthrough where I got the endings I normally get when I playthrough the game but it said I got all the endings and gave me the trophy and platinum when I didn't get it.

And Uncharted 2 had a problem, needed to get the Crushing trophy to get the platinum, completed it on hard to unlock crushing and it ended up giving me the crushing trophy and the platinum trophy and when I check my medals in the game, I don't have the crushing medal which I should have if I've gotten the crushing trophy so I have no idea how I ended up with 3 platinum trophies without earning one of them. I have contacted Sony and they have escalted the problem to the technical team and am awaiting a responce, hopefully they will either remove the trophies from my PSN so I can actually earn them and not feel cheated that I gt them, or worst case scenerio, they remove all my trophies and I have to start again.

Which is fine because I still have all my games that have trophies attained and I can just get them again but I can't stand feeling that I've gotten something I hadn't earnt and want them removed because I don't feel they should be there.

Message 73 of 105 (175 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Oct 24, 2011

I wouldn't mind being able to hide my trophies from other users anyways. It'd be a nice privacy feature.

Message 74 of 105 (175 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Oct 24, 2011

Really?!?!?!?

Message 75 of 105 (175 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28843 posts

Oct 24, 2011

I have a question. Has anyone even bothered to put this on the Blog Share site? Follow up question; Or is everybody posting and then HOPING someone will see it?

Message 76 of 105 (175 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jan 2, 2012

i want to delete some of my trophies

Message 77 of 105 (175 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jan 15, 2012

This would be the best thing for me I need to see my trophy list organized.. I mean I hate to see that I play and game i didnt like it but i get 0% on trophies like are you serious???

Message 78 of 105 (175 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28843 posts

Jan 15, 2012

I'm pretty sure that C.C. Sabathia would like to erase a three run homer he's given up from his ERA, but you know what? Not gonna happen. I know that it's the "gamer" thing to want to see nothing but 100% perfection across the board, but you have to own up to the bad ones, and the downright embarrassing ones as well. I know some are saying "but... but... I want to delete them!" Well, too bad. And since they are stored on a remote server, I wouldn't count on this feature any time soon.

Message 79 of 105 (175 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jan 16, 2012

I thought I was the only one in the world that found trophies anoying . I am not interested in the least in their concept or implimentation .I do not need something or someone to tell me I am doing well or enjoying the game .  and as another poster commented . A game is its own reward .All this stuff on my screen is jaring / disrupting ,yanking me out of the moment . I am at at a brilliant spot in a game and suddenly some crap flashes in my face right over top ....

( TROPHIE : GOOD BOY )

The other day I was trying to read some instruction on screen when a trophie banner cropped up right over top just long enough so I missed the ( one time ) turtorial . ........... Its like being at a drive in movie and just as the plot is revealed the snack bar takes over the microphone to let you know it will only be serving for the next twenty minutes and everyone misses the story .

Overstatment I know ....... still , I pay hundreds and hundreds for this experience and I should have the option to opt out.

Message 80 of 105 (175 Views)
0 Likes