Uncharted Territory
1902 posts

Re: It should be possible to remove PS3 Trophies from your PS3...

Jul 6, 2010

Ariiel wrote:

eddy987 wrote:

Ariiel wrote:

eddy987 wrote:

Ariiel wrote:

You can remove them from the list

sync your trophies

delete the game saves and game data of the games you dont want

create a backup using the backup utility

then restore the backup and the games you deleted wont show up again

unless you install them or play them again

THAT ONLY DELETES THEM FROM THE LIST ON YOUR PS3 PEOPLE STILL SEE THEM IF THEY LOOK AT YOUR TROPHIES

well it worked for me

my friends cant see them either...

Those 0-10% ones bug the heck out of me. I'm going to try this.

Message 51 of 105 (260 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jul 24, 2010

I HATE TROPHIES!!! Why would you want a trophy for playing a game? The game should be its own reward.

I really hate trophies because when the Playstation network screwed up on the 28th February because of the leap year glitch (come on seriously why hadn't sony thought of that?) I was annoyed that I couldn't play FIFA online but I accepted it as these things happen and went to play Heavy Rain instead as this is an offline game. Nope! Not allowed to play that because it couldn't sync my trophies **bleep**!!! I don't give a rats ass about the trophies, let me play MY FKING GAME!! I PAID FOR IT!!

I know I'm getting worked up about this but it is ridiculous, I should be able to play my games when I want. I've looked after my PS3 and it hasn't had any problems so why can't I play my games offline when I want? The computer games industry is a joke these days.

Message 52 of 105 (260 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jul 24, 2010

I am disappointed that Playstation copied XBox with trophies in the first place. I thought PS3 was not aimed at fanboy "hardcore" gamers who like to compare high scores. There is only one thing good about trophies and that is you can see what games other people play, I'd prefer if instead of trophies it logged the amount of time you played each game and when you last played it, so if you see one of your friends has been playing a game you like you can invite them to play with you.

PSN should be about bringing people together to play games, not bragging about who found the most pigeons on GTA IV.

If you want trophies fine, but I want the option to opt out of them. I don't just want to hide them from other people, I don't want them at all, and I don't want my PS3 to try to connect to the network for no reason to update them.

Message 53 of 105 (260 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jul 24, 2010

I agree 100%.

I downloaded a few games of PSN (PAIN, Wounded Dragons, Final Fight) or just bought them in the store (Prototype or MK vs DC) and I seriously dislike those games, and either removed, sold or gave those games away. Either way, I am never playing those games again, yet they do show up in my profile and trophy-list.

I would love to be able to remove atleast those games.

And on a sidenote, also the fact that I have to play online in order to achieve certain trophies bug me. For that reason alone, I know I'll never get 100% in my NBA, FIFA, MLB or GTA IV games.

Message 54 of 105 (260 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
9575 posts

Jul 24, 2010

SweetSupremacy wrote:

Ariiel wrote:

You can remove them from the list

sync your trophies

delete the game saves and game data of the games you dont want

create a backup using the backup utility

then restore the backup and the games you deleted wont show up again

unless you install them or play them again

Those 0-10% ones bug the heck out of me. I'm going to try this.

Im not sure if it could work with newer games, or if it still works at all

Photobucket
Message 55 of 105 (260 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3517 posts

Jul 24, 2010

GameKing92 wrote:
I know everyone's thinking... why in the world would you want to remove trophies???  Well, for me it's for when you either buy or rent a PS3 game that has trophies, play that game, earn a few trophies, and then possibly say to yourself "wow I really don't like this, I'm going to return it", or if you rented the game "Wow a week, this is going back tomorrow!."  Ofcourse you return the game and either get nothing or some money, most likely half price if you trade it in at gamestop.  The thing that I find annoying is that, that particular game is now in your trophies list still, even after you decided to return it or trade it in after only getting a few trophies.  I have a lot of friends on my PS3 who have endless lists of PS3 trophy supporting games that have between 0%-and 10% of the trophies and that will never play the game again.  Ultimately, having so many games with low percentages just plain doesn't look good and makes your trophy list look like you give up on trophies when infact you hate a certain game and refuse to play it.  A simple solution would be a simple show/don't show or on/off for trophies for every game found on your trophies list.  I personally don't have this problem to a huge degree.  I have a little more than a dozen games, with 7 100%'s and 6 platinums.  I only have one game with a low percentage of 8%, but still feel like it shouldn't be there considering I only rented it and brought it back because I hate it.  So if I lost anyone, I'm just suggesting an on/off switch for displaying trophies, no biggy, just a suggestion.  Thanks for reading.

Anyone that does not platinum every game they own SUCKS AT GAMES!  LOLOLOLOL

Just kidding.

On another note - it's actually helpful if you want to know what types of games your friends are into.

For example - if i see multiple friends of mine mowing down 80% of the trophies on GAME X - then it must be a good game.  If I see multiple friends of mine getting only a few trophies on GAME Y - then the game musn't be good enough to even try.

It gives a bit of insight as to what games are good/bad from people on your friend's list.  Granted, your opinion might differ from theirs, but it's a good starting point to see what games you should give a go that you haven't tried yet.

Also - if you have a few games on your list that are relatively high in the trophy mark - then others will see that you like those games more - and thus - the aforementioned analysis will help your friends decide what games to play.

ANOTHER thing you could do is create a "test" user account as a sub of your main.  Rent a game - play it for a bit - if it suits your style - switch to your main account and get to playing it and earning trophies.

Just my .02

Message 56 of 105 (260 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
14 posts

Dec 9, 2010

yeah me too! i have a few games that i rented and will never play again... let me know if it works.

Message 57 of 105 (260 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
14 posts

Dec 9, 2010

I myself have never had a problem with the trophies, but yes I agree that is some bs!  You shouldn't have to be able to sync your trophies to play an offline game! Sony needs to do something about that, but I don't want them to get rid of the trophies feature all together.

Message 58 of 105 (260 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
186 posts

Dec 9, 2010

Ninja-Matic wrote:

GameKing92 wrote:
I know everyone's thinking... why in the world would you want to remove trophies???  Well, for me it's for when you either buy or rent a PS3 game that has trophies, play that game, earn a few trophies, and then possibly say to yourself "wow I really don't like this, I'm going to return it", or if you rented the game "Wow a week, this is going back tomorrow!."  Ofcourse you return the game and either get nothing or some money, most likely half price if you trade it in at gamestop.  The thing that I find annoying is that, that particular game is now in your trophies list still, even after you decided to return it or trade it in after only getting a few trophies.  I have a lot of friends on my PS3 who have endless lists of PS3 trophy supporting games that have between 0%-and 10% of the trophies and that will never play the game again.  Ultimately, having so many games with low percentages just plain doesn't look good and makes your trophy list look like you give up on trophies when infact you hate a certain game and refuse to play it.  A simple solution would be a simple show/don't show or on/off for trophies for every game found on your trophies list.  I personally don't have this problem to a huge degree.  I have a little more than a dozen games, with 7 100%'s and 6 platinums.  I only have one game with a low percentage of 8%, but still feel like it shouldn't be there considering I only rented it and brought it back because I hate it.  So if I lost anyone, I'm just suggesting an on/off switch for displaying trophies, no biggy, just a suggestion.  Thanks for reading.

Anyone that does not platinum every game they own SUCKS AT GAMES!  LOLOLOLOL

Just kidding.

On another note - it's actually helpful if you want to know what types of games your friends are into.

For example - if i see multiple friends of mine mowing down 80% of the trophies on GAME X - then it must be a good game.  If I see multiple friends of mine getting only a few trophies on GAME Y - then the game musn't be good enough to even try.

It gives a bit of insight as to what games are good/bad from people on your friend's list.  Granted, your opinion might differ from theirs, but it's a good starting point to see what games you should give a go that you haven't tried yet.

Also - if you have a few games on your list that are relatively high in the trophy mark - then others will see that you like those games more - and thus - the aforementioned analysis will help your friends decide what games to play.

ANOTHER thing you could do is create a "test" user account as a sub of your main.  Rent a game - play it for a bit - if it suits your style - switch to your main account and get to playing it and earning trophies.

Just my .02

agree 100%...and about previous posts about deleting game data and save file to remove the trophy is BS, because as another has said once synched to server cannot be removed, i mean im on my 2nd PS3 as my other was a fat 80 gig that was damaged when i was moving to another apartment and still see trophies from when i had other system, but that being said i would also like to remove the game i got 0% trophies for , just causee they bug the hell out of me...lol

Message 59 of 105 (260 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Mar 20, 2011

I have a whole collection of games at 0-10% trophy percentage. This is besides the ones still in shrinkwrap!!

The best description I've heard for trophies/achievement is it's a player's "e-p3n1s"

Message 60 of 105 (260 Views)
0 Likes