Keyblade Wielder
10300 posts

Re: It should be possible to remove PS3 Trophies from your PS3...

Apr 20, 2010

SubnoizeOwns wrote:

haha OWNED king. The trophy system is by far the stupidest thing on the ps3. The point of it is? Give me a GOOD reason to have a trophy system?

it adds replayability for me

and I think home is the stupidest and pointless thing on the ps3

Message 41 of 105 (342 Views)
Lombax Warrior
138 posts

Apr 25, 2010

I agree I hope this happens.

Kratos Sig
Message 42 of 105 (342 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
15 posts

Apr 25, 2010

it sound to me like this is less of an issue that everybody should want/care about, and more of something that an OCD completionist would. so what if you have a trophy list with low percentages? i can tell by your message that you're super proud of your trophy accomplishments, and thats cool and all, but there is no such thing as a social status on the PSN. you have friends, you can send messages and compare trophies, but all trophies serve as are bragging rights. therefore, the option to hide trophy lists that you arent proud of to make yourself look good is a request that only makes you look egotistical and way too socially reliant

Message 43 of 105 (342 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
15 posts

Apr 25, 2010

I might go a little off topic but oh well. I like any and all trophies I get. It adds to my overall total and profile level. Any games on my list that don't have 100% are gamea that I didn't like or just didn't get into, or in the case of online trophies, the game is dead online, plus I don't have many friend on PSN to let me win to get some real easy. If I don't like the game, I'm certainly not gonna play thru it and go for all the trophies. Only game on my list that I just can't seem to complete is Batman: AA. I love the game, but I just suck at the harder Combat Challenges, hehe. But I personally don't wish to remove them just because I can't get them all.

Message 44 of 105 (342 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
499 posts

Apr 25, 2010

I wish we could remove them also

Message 45 of 105 (342 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

May 21, 2010

I would like the option to delete trophies as well. Perhaps the option could be added with a system update or be added to the website. I can understand why some people want to delete trophies. I wish I could delete the 0% for Resident Evil 5 that shows up. I hated the camera angle so much after 2 minutes of playing that I refused to play. I have no trophies for it at all and yet the game still shows up in my list. I'm not a big trophy hunter but having a game I hated show up with a 0% irritates the hell out of me. Should it bother me, probably not. It just does. The same goes for other games I hated, like Farcry 2. Having them show up in my trophy list is like a reminder of how much I disliked the games. I'd rather forget I ever wasted the money. Being able to delete trophies would be a nice feature in my opinion but it's not the end of the world.

Message 46 of 105 (342 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5987 posts

May 21, 2010

The very very 1st update w/ trophies had this feature, however the next update removed that.

I agree that we should, however not bothered if I can't, I don't pay attention to trophies that much to be honest. 

Games PS1 (100+), PS2 (140+), PS3 (100+), PSP (34+)
My PS3 Website - http://sites.google.com/site/etempestps3/
Message 47 of 105 (342 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4495 posts

May 21, 2010

GameKing92 wrote:
It should be possible to remove PS3 Trophies from your PS3...

The only way I would say that might be a resonable option is if there was also a way to add back any trophies you deleted.

Otherwise I can already see the threads that would come out...

"Someone erased my trophies!!!!!"

"Sony, give me back my trophies!!!!"

"Sony sucks because someone deleted all my trophies"

etc... etc..etc...

That having been said, one must also wonder why you would want to delete a trophy, unless you are trying to hide the fact that you played a game that you are ashamed of, or are some kid and don't want your parents to find out you were playing a game that you were not allowed to play.  Or maybe the time stamp on the trophy would show that you were using the PS3 when you weren't supposed to?

Hmmm...

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 48 of 105 (342 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

bla

Jun 30, 2010
Message 49 of 105 (342 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5910 posts

Jun 30, 2010

IanSempai wrote:

DRUNK_CANADIAN wrote:
who cares but at least its a reasonable request...

I don't care about trophies period. So such a feature would be nice, though an option to turn off trophies all together would be nice too.

yes yes yes! I keep asking for that ability (and have it in the PS Blog Suggestions area)

____Rumors are just that - RUMORS____

Formosa's Law: n.
“The truly insane have enough on their plates without us adding to it.”
http://catb.org/jargon/html/F/Formosas-Law.html

Godwin's Law: prov.
“As a Usenet discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one.”
http://catb.org/jargon/html/G/Godwins-Law.html

http://mabifiles.nexon.net/movies/teaser/embed_video/mabi_movie03.swf
Message 50 of 105 (342 Views)
0 Likes