Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
PlayStation MVP
24187 posts

Re: It should be possible to remove PS3 Trophies from your PS3...

Feb 23, 2012

idisnotavailable wrote:

I actually want to either opt out or be able to delete all trophies completely, I don't understand what all these trophies are for and why it's spamming me with those stupid messages. Absolutely stupid idea to begin with imo.

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/06/30/ps3-s-trophy-system-explained/

In case you haven't figured it out, or if you don't have the patience to watch the video, it's a way to compare what games you're playing with your friends. And it's a way to keep you playing a game, which for a generation who's complained that games are "too short", should be welcomed.

Please use plain text.
Message 91 of 105 (833 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
15233 posts

Feb 23, 2012

Shadowed_31 wrote:

gR3yGh051 wrote:

Guess no one ever considered that the xbox has the SAME version..... They have achievements... we have trophies.... NONE of us can delete uncompleted achievements.

And yet..... I dont see ANY xbots complaining about incomplete achievements....

Get a life people.

You know you CAN turn notifications off........

1) A quick google magic search shows many xbox users want to remove specific achievements too... Stop assuming stuff.

2) This has nothing to do with trophy notifications being annoying or removing the trophy system altogether. It's about people that cares about their own progression but wishes to remove specific trophy entries that shouldn't be there in the first place.

Exactly my point.

Cognitive Dissonance - The ability to understand multiple viewpoints even if they conflict with one another - and still use critical thinking, logical thought, and common sense to come to the realization that only ONE is the correct one and the others are wrong.

Furiously Chaosing
Please use plain text.
Message 92 of 105 (833 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Feb 28, 2012

Being able to delete your own trophies would be just lovely.

Having someone hack into your account and delete your hard work would suck big time.

Perhaps a "hide" option would be the best choice?

When a person looks at a forum, feels apathy, and leaves without posting, that person is being honest and humble.
Whenever a person posts, "I don't care about this (and anyone who does is stupid)", that person is a liar, a jerk, a fascist and a troll.
Please use plain text.
Message 93 of 105 (833 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Aug 12, 2012

I do think it makes a diference. For me it does.
If it doesn't for anybody else, okay... but it's for my own gaming experience...

The trophies for me reflect the games I play the most,  and for example, If i played a game, and didn't like, even if I erase it from my HD it's still there on my trophies... I don't want it there... hated the game... gave it away for free... donated, threw it away...

That's why I wanted the option to remove it on the first place.. 

Please use plain text.
Message 94 of 105 (804 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Oct 28, 2012

I would love abilitiy to hide whole games from trophy roster ... so i will never see them in my profile again ... unless i look to "Hidden games" section.

I try to take care of my trophy list, keep there games i am proud i had played and completed thoroughly. Just a little bit of personalisation.

Please use plain text.
Message 95 of 105 (733 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Dec 10, 2012

Playstation Network just get it over with and make a delete option so we can delete the game trophies we dont want... please and thank you!

Please use plain text.
Message 96 of 105 (682 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Dec 10, 2012

Playstation Network just get it over with and make a delete option so we can delete the game trophies we dont want... please and thank you.

Please use plain text.
Message 97 of 105 (682 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2502 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 10, 2012

Well, it's not like Sony is unaware that many people want this feature. I honestly think Sony just doesn't give a f*ck what we want if they can't make a profit off of it or they're just incompetent. Same goes for backwards compatibility. Thousands of people would sell their old PS3s and buy a brand new one if it was backwards compatible and it would probably cost next to nothing to put a PS2 emulator chip on the PS3 motherboard. That would seem like a win-win for everybody and a no brainer but it seems that brains aren't usually involved in Sony's business strategies.

PlayStation MVP | PS Plus member | BETA Tester | YouTube Partner www.twitter.com/semajmarc87 | www.youtube.com/semajmarc87
1,600+ followers | 100+ subscribers
Please use plain text.
Message 98 of 105 (680 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Feb 8, 2013

I totally agree with this. I have some games on there for things I've never even played. Some are reminders of unpleasent people in my life which I'd REALLY like to see gone so I can stop thinking about them when I see these either empty trophies or some trophies from games I never personally played.

Please use plain text.
Message 99 of 105 (532 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jun 10, 2013

I tried doing what you said and it wouldn't work for me please can someone make a video tutorial. On how to delete trophies.Also ive rang playstation three times and asked them if they could put in a update were you can delete trophies. All of them was said "we will look into  that" four months later NOTHING HAPPENS p.s the game im trying to erase the trophies is AFL live. I would apperecite if anyone could help 

Please use plain text.
Message 100 of 105 (272 Views)
0 Likes