Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jun 25 2009
By: GameKing92 Hekseville Citizen 282 posts

It should be possible to remove PS3 Trophies from your PS3...

104 replies 21424 views Edited Jun 25, 2009
I know everyone's thinking... why in the world would you want to remove trophies???  Well, for me it's for when you either buy or rent a PS3 game that has trophies, play that game, earn a few trophies, and then possibly say to yourself "wow I really don't like this, I'm going to return it", or if you rented the game "Wow a week, this is going back tomorrow!."  Ofcourse you return the game and either get nothing or some money, most likely half price if you trade it in at gamestop.  The thing that I find annoying is that, that particular game is now in your trophies list still, even after you decided to return it or trade it in after only getting a few trophies.  I have a lot of friends on my PS3 who have endless lists of PS3 trophy supporting games that have between 0%-and 10% of the trophies and that will never play the game again.  Ultimately, having so many games with low percentages just plain doesn't look good and makes your trophy list look like you give up on trophies when infact you hate a certain game and refuse to play it.  A simple solution would be a simple show/don't show or on/off for trophies for every game found on your trophies list.  I personally don't have this problem to a huge degree.  I have a little more than a dozen games, with 7 100%'s and 6 platinums.  I only have one game with a low percentage of 8%, but still feel like it shouldn't be there considering I only rented it and brought it back because I hate it.  So if I lost anyone, I'm just suggesting an on/off switch for displaying trophies, no biggy, just a suggestion.  Thanks for reading.
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 105 (21,424 Views)
Gaming Beast
2487 posts

Re: It should be possible to remove PS3 Trophies from your PS3...

Jun 25, 2009
who cares but at least its a reasonable request...
----------When gaming is your life, can you restart from the last savepoint?--------PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
DRUNK_CANADIAN
-
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 105 (21,424 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2858 posts

Jun 25, 2009

If all of your games showed you only had at max 10% trophies in a game then people would think you quit on trophies, but if you had some games with 80%-100% then people would think differently.  Anyways does it really matter?  Most people probably don't care how many trophies a person has.  I think what you're saying is stupid and a waste of Sony's time.  If you don't want to get trophies for a certain game then don't use your account.  Make a different account that won't be used to play with friends.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 105 (21,424 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2797 posts

Jun 25, 2009

DRUNK_CANADIAN wrote:
who cares but at least its a reasonable request...

I don't care about trophies period. So such a feature would be nice, though an option to turn off trophies all together would be nice too.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 105 (21,424 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
457 posts

Jun 25, 2009
I think yes and no because it dose make your trophy collection look a little weak with 2% 3% games.  but on the other hand it dose count toward your over all so i guess i would keep my trophies because it will make my overall higher
Rcbaseball13
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 105 (21,424 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
9575 posts

Jun 25, 2009

You can remove them from the list

sync your trophies

delete the game saves and game data of the games you dont want

create a backup using the backup utility

then restore the backup and the games you deleted wont show up again

unless you install them or play them again

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 105 (21,424 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
410 posts

Jun 25, 2009
MORE IMPORTANTLY THEY SHOULD BE A PRIVACY OPTIONS, I DON'T WANT PEOPLE GOING TO MY PROFILE TO SEE WHAT GAMES I PLAY.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 105 (21,424 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
410 posts

Jun 25, 2009

Ariiel wrote:

sync your trophies

THAT ONLY DELETES THEM FROM THE LIST ON YOUR PS3 PEOPLE STILL SEE THEM IF THEY LOOK AT YOUR TROPHIES

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 105 (21,424 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2487 posts

Jun 25, 2009

Ariiel wrote:

sync your trophies

question about that backup utility...could I transfer my trophies in any way to a new master account? Because I am still stuck with a sub-acct...and Iwant to make a new Master....or delete the sub and make a master in its stead

----------When gaming is your life, can you restart from the last savepoint?--------PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
DRUNK_CANADIAN
-
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 105 (21,423 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2355 posts

Jun 25, 2009
Why do you care what people think about your trophy collection? I mean is somebody really going to message you like "OMG GIVING UP ON A GAME CAUSE U CANT GET TROPHIES?!?@?!" I doubt it. Before we didn't even have trophies now you want to hide them whats the deal.
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 105 (21,423 Views)