Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Monster Hunter
42 posts

Re: It's amazing how many people still miss Socom.

Oct 3, 2012
Am i really REALLY high or did some little **bleep**get say socom sp should be like GRFS?! Why are you here?
Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 55 (290 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2200 posts

Oct 3, 2012

S_L_I_C_K wrote:

FROST_420 wrote:

S_L_I_C_K wrote:

FROST_420 wrote:

TOMBSTONE4U wrote:

mcbuttz78 wrote:

TOMBSTONE4U wrote:

Execrate wrote:

They need to make a socom that appeases  the old school  players but a co op story that the masses will like or just do another MP only psn game.

Umm no, actually they need to make a classic style campaign as well. Maybe you missed it but they tried to do what you stated with Socom 4 and it flopped miserably. There is no competition for a tactical stealth based single player with voice commands and Socom had a pretty large SP following to. Socom fans don't play Socom SP or MP for a run of the mill style shooter like every other one on the market. It's a different market then COD. Socom fans don't want COD and so a COD like SP will flop like we just saw with S4. Just like if you made COD campaign like the classic Socom system it would flop, different fanbase, that's not what that particular fanbase is looking for and it would be met with hatred, complaints and bad sales.

Yes i agree tombstome but what im understand the mp can' t be  reversed enginerred. Maybe  to dated in the coding they also  different  engines than the next games.I dont know for sure.. I think this the stump ran  zipper an into, and it would  very costly to do  i,t more than a average psn  game would cost  which lead to say a maybe a socom legacy mp only psn game( a full redo/recreate of all the maps and etc)..  But as far as i know the sp can be done, but the mp is not  as easy becuase of the diffrent coding from game to game.. they  would have to make  it a seperate disk and/or redo the whole  thing  from scratch. Which is a cost a  real game,  ) im not 100% sure of that either,  but i  think redo  of a psn  socom game  wont cost   more than anvg psn game  maybe slightly more maybe 500-  800K$ . I could be wrong there to because   the server comes from the devs with remakes. Alot of my peers dis agree. This is  black  hole thoery on how to  get online ps2 games re made to  ps3.

The socom  sp  and mp  coding is  very different from game to games. This is where the problem  lye. diffrent engines and diffrent coding per  installment.  A mp socom  will have come down as redo mp only seperate disk and sp   as a pure  hd  remake spereate disk( with blu ray  i d ont know that will work  or if can be one disk).   That is best  way to  get a mp  from ps2 to ps3 from psn.. That  might not  be 100% corect becuase its alot theories going around on how to do it and differs from ps2 game to  ps2 game.

All in all in a sony directly made game is cost effective and  will make  this game possible.. i dont  see any  new time devs or psn  devs  having  that kind of  money, unless sony picks up the tab on everything with it and  split the profits with the devs. Its going have to come from  a  AAA dev. (  Again this a thoery not  a 100% fact)

Maybe santa monica,sony bend  Studios.   Those are the 2 studio  who  reverse engineers a game alot. i  think isomanic  studios those dev of they studios..

But overall  it can  be done, but  it has to cost effective if  going to come  from psn. if not it going to cost alot of dough. A much easier  route would be a  socom confrontation  hd remake. " i hate  tomake you gringe tombstone" But thats   the  best options..  They could make new maps as well on that  once they  hd it as well as get rid of  few  a problems like the  tilly.. Which I  is think a  bonus. 

The  bad about that is .  you'll have to buy it over.. and it will  cost maybe $15- 35  range. this not  the  best  option but its a realistic one that happan  asap as little  as 3-5 months if not 7.. the other  ways are alot   of work and can be done, but will  take alot of months& years to do and they need a  dev with the bucks. I  hoping sony picks all the  tabs either way..

Socom Confrontation already is in HD, it was a PS 3 game lol. The CON disc is CON HD so I don't get why you say a CON HD remake lol. Also, everything you are going on about is nonsense. You're doing your usual thing of making up stories to try to make excuses for why things are or are not being done. Lots of games are being remade, let's stop being dellusional and pretend that Socom is this magical game with this magical coding that can't be done just like the other games are. Just because some of us have been fanboys of this series it seems some try to put Socom on this pedestal that everything about it is completely different then any other game and nothing that applies to any other game applies to Socom. In the end it's still just a PS 2 game and can get the HD treatment just as easily as every other PS 2 game if Sony wanted to.

Wow, really? Obviously his English isn't the greatest but I have never seen any BS from him, EVER! So he didn't convey his message of a SOCOM HD clearly enough for you, so this is funny? Yes the coding FOR ONLINE MP is difficult and expensive, this has been established by everyone WHO MAKES GAMES. So what point are you trying to make here other than f these forums and its inhabitants or do you have some history with him?

ask him when winter starts, or fall, or summer, or spring.

ask him about nasa and the world ending.

ask him about the rotating barrels on ak-47s

go head, ask him....:smileyvery-happy:

well u must understand him better than me, I just try and pick out what I can understand and usually it's informative and neutral. So not someone that I feel doesn't deserve to be berated by visitors, that's why I asked if there was some sort of history to justify the attack. Oh and I would like to hear more about this "NASA and the world ending" thing because it's obvious they (NASA) are looking for a new home.

he said NASA said the world is going to end in 2012. he then linked wikipedia and called it NASAs official website. 

i dont say to much to him because i cant figure out what he is saying 90% of the time. but i have been in arguments with him about how there are no official start and end dates to the seasons and how ak-47s are purposly designed to be inaccurate to the point the barrels spin in circles while you shoot them.

I hope those were video game guns you were discussing.
Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 55 (289 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
42 posts

Oct 3, 2012
**bleep** "Slant Six come back and save SOCOM"??? You mean to say "Slanted Dix come back and turn Slocom into a bigger Call of **bleep**y pile of **bleep** than the first time!"? Thought so.
Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 55 (286 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2200 posts

Oct 3, 2012

SoCoM-PLeaSE wrote:
**bleep** "Slant Six come back and save SOCOM"??? You mean to say "Slanted Dix come back and turn Slocom into a bigger Call of **bleep**y pile of **bleep** than the first time!"? Thought so.

And this is the type of attention starved, daddy issue peoples we will be leaving out of our conversations.

This has been a public service announcement.

Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 55 (283 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
16881 posts

Oct 3, 2012

FROST_420 wrote:

S_L_I_C_K wrote:

FROST_420 wrote:

S_L_I_C_K wrote:

FROST_420 wrote:

TOMBSTONE4U wrote:

mcbuttz78 wrote:

TOMBSTONE4U wrote:

Execrate wrote:

They need to make a socom that appeases  the old school  players but a co op story that the masses will like or just do another MP only psn game.

Umm no, actually they need to make a classic style campaign as well. Maybe you missed it but they tried to do what you stated with Socom 4 and it flopped miserably. There is no competition for a tactical stealth based single player with voice commands and Socom had a pretty large SP following to. Socom fans don't play Socom SP or MP for a run of the mill style shooter like every other one on the market. It's a different market then COD. Socom fans don't want COD and so a COD like SP will flop like we just saw with S4. Just like if you made COD campaign like the classic Socom system it would flop, different fanbase, that's not what that particular fanbase is looking for and it would be met with hatred, complaints and bad sales.

Yes i agree tombstome but what im understand the mp can' t be  reversed enginerred. Maybe  to dated in the coding they also  different  engines than the next games.I dont know for sure.. I think this the stump ran  zipper an into, and it would  very costly to do  i,t more than a average psn  game would cost  which lead to say a maybe a socom legacy mp only psn game( a full redo/recreate of all the maps and etc)..  But as far as i know the sp can be done, but the mp is not  as easy becuase of the diffrent coding from game to game.. they  would have to make  it a seperate disk and/or redo the whole  thing  from scratch. Which is a cost a  real game,  ) im not 100% sure of that either,  but i  think redo  of a psn  socom game  wont cost   more than anvg psn game  maybe slightly more maybe 500-  800K$ . I could be wrong there to because   the server comes from the devs with remakes. Alot of my peers dis agree. This is  black  hole thoery on how to  get online ps2 games re made to  ps3.

The socom  sp  and mp  coding is  very different from game to games. This is where the problem  lye. diffrent engines and diffrent coding per  installment.  A mp socom  will have come down as redo mp only seperate disk and sp   as a pure  hd  remake spereate disk( with blu ray  i d ont know that will work  or if can be one disk).   That is best  way to  get a mp  from ps2 to ps3 from psn.. That  might not  be 100% corect becuase its alot theories going around on how to do it and differs from ps2 game to  ps2 game.

All in all in a sony directly made game is cost effective and  will make  this game possible.. i dont  see any  new time devs or psn  devs  having  that kind of  money, unless sony picks up the tab on everything with it and  split the profits with the devs. Its going have to come from  a  AAA dev. (  Again this a thoery not  a 100% fact)

Maybe santa monica,sony bend  Studios.   Those are the 2 studio  who  reverse engineers a game alot. i  think isomanic  studios those dev of they studios..

But overall  it can  be done, but  it has to cost effective if  going to come  from psn. if not it going to cost alot of dough. A much easier  route would be a  socom confrontation  hd remake. " i hate  tomake you gringe tombstone" But thats   the  best options..  They could make new maps as well on that  once they  hd it as well as get rid of  few  a problems like the  tilly.. Which I  is think a  bonus. 

The  bad about that is .  you'll have to buy it over.. and it will  cost maybe $15- 35  range. this not  the  best  option but its a realistic one that happan  asap as little  as 3-5 months if not 7.. the other  ways are alot   of work and can be done, but will  take alot of months& years to do and they need a  dev with the bucks. I  hoping sony picks all the  tabs either way..

Socom Confrontation already is in HD, it was a PS 3 game lol. The CON disc is CON HD so I don't get why you say a CON HD remake lol. Also, everything you are going on about is nonsense. You're doing your usual thing of making up stories to try to make excuses for why things are or are not being done. Lots of games are being remade, let's stop being dellusional and pretend that Socom is this magical game with this magical coding that can't be done just like the other games are. Just because some of us have been fanboys of this series it seems some try to put Socom on this pedestal that everything about it is completely different then any other game and nothing that applies to any other game applies to Socom. In the end it's still just a PS 2 game and can get the HD treatment just as easily as every other PS 2 game if Sony wanted to.

Wow, really? Obviously his English isn't the greatest but I have never seen any BS from him, EVER! So he didn't convey his message of a SOCOM HD clearly enough for you, so this is funny? Yes the coding FOR ONLINE MP is difficult and expensive, this has been established by everyone WHO MAKES GAMES. So what point are you trying to make here other than f these forums and its inhabitants or do you have some history with him?

well u must understand him better than me, I just try and pick out what I can understand and usually it's informative and neutral. So not someone that I feel doesn't deserve to be berated by visitors, that's why I asked if there was some sort of history to justify the attack. Oh and I would like to hear more about this "NASA and the world ending" thing because it's obvious they (NASA) are looking for a new home.

he said NASA said the world is going to end in 2012. he then linked wikipedia and called it NASAs official website. 

i dont say to much to him because i cant figure out what he is saying 90% of the time. but i have been in arguments with him about how there are no official start and end dates to the seasons and how ak-47s are purposly designed to be inaccurate to the point the barrels spin in circles while you shoot them.

nnnnnnope.  

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 55 (274 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2200 posts

Oct 3, 2012

S_L_I_C_K wrote:

FROST_420 wrote:

S_L_I_C_K wrote:

FROST_420 wrote:

S_L_I_C_K wrote:

FROST_420 wrote:

TOMBSTONE4U wrote:

mcbuttz78 wrote:

TOMBSTONE4U wrote:

Execrate wrote:

nnnnnnope.  

Ooooh, i c :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 55 (270 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
42 posts

Oct 3, 2012

FROST_420 wrote:

SoCoM-PLeaSE wrote:

And this is the type of attention starved, daddy issue peoples we will be leaving out of our conversations.

This has been a public service announcement.

I don't need attention paintchip eating kid who's sig is

"Slant Six come back and save SOCOM!! 

Oh and keep jump in the game you kitties!!"

How many times can you look like a moron in one thread? 

Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 55 (262 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6385 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 4, 2012

@tomb..    If read the  1st couple of words it says i agree with you..  I  never siad i knew it all, its kinda funny how pull out all stops to dicredit some who  said .   Off the bat i agree with your point.

In buisness when they  kill a side division those workers  most likey will get a transfer to the upper divison or become one unit or  anothe place of work for that company  i assume they did ofer that to some  the zipper workers.. If a mc donalds get shut down  across town the manager or distrcit manager sof that mcdonald will try to transfer those workers to  at mcdonald in the area or another city  etc etc..  That is very a common buisness practice..  How im  or anyone suppose to know they didnt get sony  job  ,when  they  were already  working for  sony?? Does it make sense to send to another  divsion 9compnay) or merge a  few  falling compinies to one. Yes it does and happen all the time in buisness. But the  whole reason why the all got fired is becuase sony is  cutting cost and they where never profitlable for sony.

When you cut cost you  cannot hire or rehire these  workers or re cordinate them. This is the reason why they didnt get  sony direct job  becuase sony was  doing direct cutting cost as well out  right firing of them.  If  they ship  them or merge them  it creates a cost which defeats the  purpose of cutting  direct cost. Ifind  it funny  you try to discredit c some who is agreeing with you.. i find it funny(suspect) dunham come running out  to clear it up,  he never cleard up any socom half truth. But lets not go there.  Becuase he  came to clear it up then its very clear. becuase no o ne in the sony world knew what happen to them.

Agn  i find it funny9suspect0 you screamed  the loudest on socom con was trash and  many other socom titles where trash but socom 2 is not.. Lets be realistic..  If socom 2 was so great  and sold  supposley more than any other socom  game  by your assumption and greatest socom game known to man. Then  why didnt it ever get  100 online  in a night. If sold for it mp  like you  cliam it  the best mp  of the franchsie correct.  Why didnt it get  100 k online  in night in its life time. Socom never 100K online  in a night its it life time no socom  title has  not  3   ca , psp copies . Not socom 4  socom con, none of them have come close that number.. Socom con was  rehearse of socom 1 and 2 and maybe even 3 a.. and  you didnt like that  that you said it was trash. So make youtr mind tombstone  what  do you want..??

That 1%(100k) of  1 million copies sold and sold 2 million supposely 3 million not   even 1 % online dispite the  copies  sold.   Now i can show you games that have  hit that number  and sold about the same amount of game copies. You suit(claims) here and said  it was not as  poplaur , but that not 100%  true. i can name  over 200 ps2 games  and games in general that copied socom, style of play or vast market  game style of  play.. You can sit here and claim  it  was cult . So is D&D  magic  card games that started in some guys basement,   So did angry  bird in some kid living room.. but you show 100k online which should be  easy number for that socom2 game you love and defend to the end and say the rest are trash in comparision.

Its not hard to  discredit others in their words.. it very easy to do. i can  find   ammo and  find  alot  side stepping and attacking for no good reason  even folk agree with you..You have the puzzle pieces to work  with . your open your mind and put them together. But check this i  just gave you the blue print to get a socom hd game made, i  just gave you the blue print to how it should be done. It doenst  who  knows it 1st  2nd and 3rd.. it  thepoint that some  care to  tell you and other who share that same care..

Of course im capt. obivious, with socom con was in hd.. Hey  go look  at ps3 collection games they released in hd.  Those game profit halp  and futher those franchises. Those game copies  fix things and add content to those games to better them for the fans of it. but excuse   me for trying to help and bring that that  taught  to fruition ,  also excuse me for trying  something that easy to do and do able on sony behalf.. .  id on thow many players  are inthe  socom hd remake trash.

But you knwo i dont they are begiing for socom hd or hurting for it to  be made.  Im hurting for it to be , made  and so are you and many others. they dont care up int the top slot in game dev areas.  Thats how  heard it its not even onthe list of games to hd or remake no has seen , hear , tried  to  remake it. Go asked dunham has a socom hd remake has been pitched to sony .. go aske  him he will you  yes. go ask him  has mag 2 been pitched.. he willtell yes. 

I know what sony tolded them  they  told them a direct  "No".. Why becuase  what you do to other  come's in full circle. It  had nothing to do with  zipper directly.. if the fans say get  rid of seth.. then  trust me sony will do it.. if the fan fans socom is  embarrssment,  then sony is embarrseed and some one has to  pay.. Like i told  you before these guys are japanese, japense men  are proud men.. in buisness they  dont smile they nod andlisten.  when they turn they back to go  home or outhe  buisness meetting the resutl of conflicts have  already been resolved with  saying a  word. . In small they care about there  money  and care about how the products look becuase they are proud men and they do read these forms.. You will  budge a japnese buisness man  into any thing . if  do there will dire  conqueses..  Who is the  begging for  socom.. it dam sure is the japanses buisness men . it dam sure is not sony. You need to understand  you  can bring a uprising and they  wont say a word..   the best form of crowd controll is to  watch the crowd . it will destroy it self over time from within..  You can be leader of men.. that  fine. but  trust me   illthiose same men lead  you with others in  desprate times and needs.. .. Look around you tomb stone  where have your men gone.

just like  the movie 300  kill the messeger who is trying to  be cival  and give information to better thing. .. throw mcbuttz78 down the  hole and take onthe persian  but it yor own death inthe end. You  try to assume the   spartan army is going to come  to the  fight.. but trust ehy crushed later on  down the line from with in their own ranks .

Mcbuttz78

vp-psn legioniaree group.

Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past, Wisdom is of the future

Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 55 (229 Views)
0 Likes
Umbrella Scientist
14053 posts

Oct 9, 2012

Execrate wrote:

TOMBSTONE4U wrote:

Execrate wrote:

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Next socom SP needs to be like GRFS without the future stuff. GRFS SP sold the game online is second for many.

Socom with a epic co op seal story and MP like con would sell.

I did not play s4 SP but my guess is if it had co op and a demo it would have sold a couple hundred thousand more.

RE6 is getting bashed hard everywhere but everyone one I know is playing it and loves it. Co op story sells games.

Sure if they want another failed Socom then they can go ahead and copy GRFS SP. See maybe you still don't get it but Socom fans want a Socom game when they buy a game with the name Socom on the box. If they wanted GRFS type of SP it's already on the market. If copying a juggernaut like COD ticked off it's fans and couldn't lure in enough new people to keep their heads above water then copying GRFS formula would be saying "hey, we have learned nothing at all from the failure of S4 and are looking for a new way to top that failure". Copying other games and deviating from the original formula is how we got to where we are today.

When I play a Socom SP I expect to control a squad of seals, to be able to allocate them tasks with voice commands, to go into each and every mission trying to get in and out undetected as best as possible. I don't expect a hollywood story about the characters feelings, I expect just an HQ briefing on who my target is, what the significance is of finding and capturing him, and what other objectives I should be on the lookout for along the way that could provide useful information in later missions. They could take that formula and expand on it by having maps and laptops with intel actually have further meaning where if you find them you get info so that "hidden objectives" are known and added to the regular objectives list in later missions, or have locations pointed of interest pointed out on your map for later missions that wouldn't have been if you hadn't found that intel earlier. Give more incentive to actually look for intel.

What I don't want is another Socom game that feels like it tried to be a cheap rip off of someone else's formula and continues to kill the identity of Socom and drive more nails into its coffin. Socom 3 and CA did that with BF when it had just started to become popular, both CON and S4 tried to sprinkle in elements of COD though S4 to a bigger extreme. And while the later games had their own little pockets of fans, the loss of indentity over time and faith that we will never see a Socom game again has driven the franchise further into the ground, so much so that the original developer was fired.  We need another Socom game, not another imitator of someone else's game if this franchise is to have any chance to succeed.

Sig: Socom 1 and 2 best games I've played on any console.
Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 55 (184 Views)
0 Likes
Umbrella Scientist
14053 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 9, 2012

One more thing to add to Execrate, when you say people complain about RE 6 but you and all your friends bought it, I take that with a grain of salt cause everytime we discuss a terrible game it seems like you jump in with you and all your friends bought it so it's a good game lol. All that tells me is I should never take video game buying advice from you or any of your friends unless I want to waste money on a lot of bad games lol.

I feel for the hardcore RE fans cause they kind of got treated the same way. Capcom trying to copy other people's games instead of trying to please it's fans. RE used to be about atmosphere, being afraid to turn that next corner and find out what awaits. Scarce ammo that you had to use wisely always worried that if you wasted bullets on the current threat you might regret it if you run into a much worse one soon after. They basically took the game and just turned it into a third person shooter like a Gears of War with RE skins on the enemies. Just more of the same old same old, kill the variety of games and genres, funnel all the consumers to what you feel "the market is" and ignore what your fans like. It's why consoles are seeing a drop off in fans and sales of new games. The industry as a whole is becoming stagnant as they chase the casual gamer and stay oblivious to the consequences of doing so.

Sig: Socom 1 and 2 best games I've played on any console.
Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 55 (179 Views)
0 Likes