Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jul 17 2011
By: THOUGHTLESS150 First Son 26 posts

Issue With PS3 To Monitor

6 replies 48 views Edited Jul 17, 2011

Ok so a friend of mine gave me a monitor slightly bigger than mine and i kind of want to be able to switch from being on my computer to just playing my ps3 right there and ive always had a thing for being really close to the screen while playing.  It has a DVI connection and the normal computer connection and i bought actually both the DVI to HDMI and the other one to HDMI.

My issue is when i turn the system on the screen notices a signal and goes black almost like its going to work but then just stays black and nothing shows up.. So i pressed and held the on button to reset the video settings and hope it would suddenly show up but nothing showed up. So ive been searching all over google and cant seem to find an answer. So my screen is an AMW 19" LCD monitor optimum resolution 1440X900,  that is what it says on the box. I mean its a nice monitor and i got it for free, i only spend about 4 dollars on the connectors so if its not compatible its alright. Just wanna know if there is anything else i can try before i just toss them in the wire bucket for maybe later use.

For sound i bought this thing where it plugs into the USB and you just plug in head phones to it.. or just your comuter speakers.

Thanks everyone!!!

Thoughtless150

Kody

Message 1 of 7 (48 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Re: Issue With PS3 To Monitor

Jul 17, 2011

i would reset the settings by turning the ps3 off and holding the power button till you hear the second beep

Message 2 of 7 (48 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
26 posts

Jul 17, 2011

thats what i did, and it didnt do anything, then i connected it to the living room tv and the settings were back to non hd and asking if i would like to adjust the settings.. im not sure if my monitor is not compatable but it seems like a pretty high def screen when i look at photography stuff... I tried to go through the menu but there were not settings or input settings i could adjust... not sure what it could be but its bothering me !!!

Message 3 of 7 (48 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
959 posts

Jul 17, 2011

THOUGHTLESS150 wrote:

Ok so a friend of mine gave me a monitor slightly bigger than mine and i kind of want to be able to switch from being on my computer to just playing my ps3 right there and ive always had a thing for being really close to the screen while playing.  It has a DVI connection and the normal computer connection and i bought actually both the DVI to HDMI and the other one to HDMI.

My issue is when i turn the system on the screen notices a signal and goes black almost like its going to work but then just stays black and nothing shows up.. So i pressed and held the on button to reset the video settings and hope it would suddenly show up but nothing showed up. So ive been searching all over google and cant seem to find an answer. So my screen is an AMW 19" LCD monitor optimum resolution 1440X900,  that is what it says on the box. I mean its a nice monitor and i got it for free, i only spend about 4 dollars on the connectors so if its not compatible its alright. Just wanna know if there is anything else i can try before i just toss them in the wire bucket for maybe later use.

For sound i bought this thing where it plugs into the USB and you just plug in head phones to it.. or just your comuter speakers.

Thanks everyone!!!

Thoughtless150

Kody

if the moniter is not HDTV compatible it wont work.and chances are it's not

Message 4 of 7 (48 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7785 posts

Jul 17, 2011

The monitor needs to support HDCP over DVI or HDMI. No HDCP = no image on the newer consoles.

You'll need a newer monitor with HDCP.

Message 5 of 7 (48 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
26 posts

Jul 17, 2011

Ok thanks everyone, no loss to me really only spent 4 bucks... but yeah im planning on getting a 22" samsung tv and just putting it on my desk because i have a 32" here and it has the computer monitor connector so ill just do that.. only 117 bucks free shipping on ebay so shouldnt be long. thanks !!

Message 6 of 7 (48 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
24 posts

Aug 7, 2011

ok look I have my ps3 conected to a dell 19" lcd. there are a few things you'll need for this:

1-Ps3 vga cable connector

1-monitor

1-tv

1-hdmi or rca ps3 video cable

plug your hdmi able in to your tv and your ps3 vga cable in to the ps3, then turn on ps3, set your tv to hdmi or video depending on what connectino your using and turn on your monitor. on your ps3 go to <settings> go down to <display settings> go to <video output setttings> then go to <commponent/d-terminal>  set to <480p> and <4:3> then hit <change>. your monitor should be working now, but you must hurry and hit <yes> or it will go back to original output. if this does not work go thru and test all resolutions 480p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p untill you find the one your monitor works on and enjoy.

if your using rca cable you must switch cables on ps3 fast.

if you get a black screen on both tv and monitor don't worry just don't press any buttons and it will return in 30 sec.

Hope this works for you and every one that reads this.

Message 7 of 7 (48 Views)
0 Likes