Feb 08 2013
By: HIPPIEHUNTERX First Son 6 posts

Is this the end?

4 replies 207 views Edited Feb 8, 2013

I like Sony as a company, I like the design of the ps vita, and I looked forward to the upcoming game library.
But... I'm at a point where I may need to pay out of pocket for repairs, and I'm not sure it's worth it.

Last december my ps vita bricked, so I sent it in and it was returned operational with a 30 day service warranty.
Now, I'm outside of the 30 day warranty and the problem strikes again.

The initial purchase only covered one replacement I assume, am I wrong?
If that's the case, I'm having trouble justifying any further patronage with Sony with regards as to the Vita product line.

I'll call tomorrow and see what options I have, but does anyone here have any help or advice they can offer?

Message 1 of 5 (207 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
991 posts

Re: Is this the end?

[ Edited ]
Feb 8, 2013

are you even sure your vita bricked? maybe its stuck... or the battery is dead... charge it and hold the power button for 10 seconds

Message 2 of 5 (174 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
178 posts

Feb 8, 2013

HIPPIEHUNTERX wrote:

I like Sony as a company, I like the design of the ps vita, and I looked forward to the upcoming game library.
But... I'm at a point where I may need to pay out of pocket for repairs, and I'm not sure it's worth it.

Last december my ps vita bricked, so I sent it in and it was returned operational with a 30 day service warranty.
Now, I'm outside of the 30 day warranty and the problem strikes again.

The initial purchase only covered one replacement I assume, am I wrong?
If that's the case, I'm having trouble justifying any further patronage with Sony with regards as to the Vita product line.

I'll call tomorrow and see what options I have, but does anyone here have any help or advice they can offer?

How is it acting that made you send it back before and is causing you to think about doing it again?Please be more specific. :smileyhappy:

Need to scratch that retro need you have?Try Video 61!
We're at: www.atarisales.com and video61@tcq.net
We can fill every Atari or etc need be it sales or service. :smileyhappy:

Formerly known as PSP509 and JediKnight509 on the PSP Forum and PSN Leaderboards! :smileyhappy: :smileyhappy:
Video Gamer Extraodinaire!!! :smileyhappy: :smileyhappy:
Message 3 of 5 (160 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
351 posts

Feb 8, 2013
How is it that you only received a 30 day warranty on a replacement Vita for your initial Vita that still fell under a one year warranty umbrella? Seems as though Sony would have at least given the replacement device the remaining warranty on your first purchase...
Message 4 of 5 (156 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
178 posts

Feb 8, 2013

spudsudz wrote:
How is it that you only received a 30 day warranty on a replacement Vita for your initial Vita that still fell under a one year warranty umbrella? Seems as though Sony would have at least given the replacement device the remaining warranty on your first purchase...

Yeah,that does sound rather odd and sucky.

Need to scratch that retro need you have?Try Video 61!
We're at: www.atarisales.com and video61@tcq.net
We can fill every Atari or etc need be it sales or service. :smileyhappy:

Formerly known as PSP509 and JediKnight509 on the PSP Forum and PSN Leaderboards! :smileyhappy: :smileyhappy:
Video Gamer Extraodinaire!!! :smileyhappy: :smileyhappy:
Message 5 of 5 (149 Views)
0 Likes