Jan 31 2014
By: mychyb09 First Son 3 posts

Is this really Sony?

[ Edited ]
21 replies 411 views Edited Jan 31, 2014

Seeing as though, not getting anything from the support section:

I recently just got a random message from an account  and this is the message minus my account name:

Hi (...)

Refrence number 294691895 You have been reported by several members of the playstation community. You have to send us you'r e-mail and password. If you do dont send it us, you'r playstation console will be banned immediately.

Now that is exactly how the message was sent to me, the spelling and all. It looks fake to me and the fact its asking for a password really makes it obvious. But I could not find any information as on google or youtube as to how it looks to get banned or what message you get. I've never had it happen before and not sure why but Is this real or obviously fake?

Edit: Removed blacklisting. And yes, this is fake.

Message 1 of 22 (411 Views)
Limit Breaker
18676 posts

Re: Is this really Sony?

Jan 31, 2014

Really? Tell me... why would they need you to send them that? They have it. You can reset that info THROUGH THEM.

Use your head.

RE-THINK SALAD

Message 2 of 22 (405 Views)
Fender Bender
3222 posts

Jan 31, 2014
This is someones way to hack your account. I would submit a grief report on this person.
Message 3 of 22 (403 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1462 posts

Jan 31, 2014

100% fake.  Sony would never use that kind of verbiage in a legit email about banning your console.

Message 4 of 22 (401 Views)
Survivor
2547 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 31, 2014

mychyb09 wrote:

I recently just got a random message from an account and this is the message minus my account name:

Hi (...)

Refrence number 294691895 You have been reported by several members of the playstation community. You have to send us you'r e-mail and password. If you do dont send it us, you'r playstation console will be banned immediately.

Now that is exactly how the message was sent to me, the spelling and all. It looks fake to me and the fact its asking for a password really makes it obvious. But I could not find any information as on google or youtube as to how it looks to get banned or what message you get. I've never had it happen before and not sure why but Is this real or obviously fake?

Edit: Removed blacklisting.

It's fake. They never ever ask for your password. And you would have got an email, not a PSN message about it.

photo IMG_0586_zps94omlljp.jpg
Message 5 of 22 (400 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13132 posts

Jan 31, 2014
Of course its fake. Sony will never ask for your email and password
Are you a WWE fan? click here to join the discussion

Thanks Saviorsixtysix for the sig
Message 6 of 22 (390 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
68 posts

Jan 31, 2014

No it's not.  Sony already has all your info and would not ask you to email it to them.  

Message 7 of 22 (386 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jan 31, 2014

Thanks guys, I needed to make sure. And a double thanks to those who were easy on me, after all I'm only 12. I wanted to make sure. The saying goes "Better safe than sorry."

Message 8 of 22 (384 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1491 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 31, 2014

mychyb09 wrote:

I recently just got a random message from an account and this is the message minus my account name:

Hi (...)

Edit: Removed blacklisting.

Yeah your right it definetly sounds fake and I would steer clear of this. Its never a good thing when they ask for your email and password so just for saying Do not send them your information!

Message 9 of 22 (381 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16918 posts

Jan 31, 2014

Red flag #1 his name is "john cena". 

#2 asking for your login info. 

you've obviously abpnswered your own question that us someone us trying to phish for login information.

Report the person. 

Furiously Chaosing
Message 10 of 22 (374 Views)