Feb 16 2013
By: carneyguy Sackboy 497 posts

Is this normal and is this happening to everyone.

7 replies 241 views Edited Feb 16, 2013

Is this normal and is this happening to everyone. Ok first question and i dont now if im playing more but ive had my vita since black friday and been using it since, lately i noticed that my batery seems to not be lasting as long as it was before .whats up is this normal.i  have read that the vita is not nown for its batery life. Just seems like its not lasting as long as it did in the begining and its only been a few months.

Also is everyone having trouble with near for the last week ive had no new updates and when i try to log on it says somthings wrong with wifi conection.NOW IVE been playing assassins creed and it says it disables the wifi. so i did go in and treak some setting reconected and stuff. tried it again and it worked and it said i had a game good for ac l ,so i stuck it back in i go through acls near and it says wifi problem again. went through all steps as before and nothing this time. whats up.

I also posted about this before public wifi,s and piggy backing. On the public wifi why can't i conect to gaming stuff like anything that needs a psn login.But internet works, ive talked to the managers who say they set it up and they said theirs no restrictions so whats up. Also wifi piggy back dont quite get it. I suposedly can use my phone internet signal. so i piggy back and it does the same as above. i have no way to change restrictions.Also in my area i only have 2g do i need 3g to sign on to psn?

Message 1 of 8 (241 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Re: Is this normal and is this happening to everyone.

Feb 16, 2013

For my battery I'm using richard sharps portable  power supply w/modified cable, When I know for certain I'll be needing extra . Usually more than 3 hours.

Message 2 of 8 (194 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
48 posts

Feb 16, 2013

i know some places like mcdonalds have this weird log in page that usually doesn't agree with logging into the playstation network.

it seems like there is some weird stuff going on with your vita though. have you thought about calling playstation tech support?

Message 3 of 8 (177 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
497 posts

Feb 17, 2013
My psp started doing this as well. So I sheleved it and just used it for music,offline games, and movies, but this happend in a few years not months..so you think I should call sony? I don't want to give up on features that I bought the vita for.

Message 4 of 8 (139 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
63 posts

Feb 17, 2013

Sure, call sony.

[Forsaken Crown]
Message 5 of 8 (136 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
497 posts

Feb 17, 2013

they helped but they didn't .oh well at least i got to talk to a nice female for a bit lol.

Message 6 of 8 (121 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1041 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 17, 2013

How long are you leaving your Vita on the charger? Mine will last almost a good 6-7 solid hours no joke (depending on game). I leavemine on longer than when the light says it's done, not sure if the PS Vita's power supply has an automatic shut off but it seems to help compared to pulling the Vita off the charger once the light just goes off.

So I was just wondering if maybe possibly that is the problem, you pull it to early to get a long charge out of it? If you leave your Vita on the charger for like 5-6 hours before picking up again like I do, then I guess your battery is just shot or it is bad whatever. I have had mine longer and the battery life is expected for the device.

No real problems yet with mine.

Message 7 of 8 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Sackboy
497 posts

Feb 17, 2013
Well maybe the batery thing is in my head and I'm the problem. Specaly if I don't now how long I'm playing for and if I have cut my time in half by plaing 3 hrs and 3hrs the next day.lol I'm adicted to the vita and the ps3 and 360. Sucks. So any who.

I also try to charge my vita when I'm asleep or if it dies while playing in the mid of day ill plug it in and still play. Then shut it off.

Message 8 of 8 (71 Views)
0 Likes