Mar 19 2017
By: Bfoali_Liszt Lombax Warrior 100 posts

Is this a phase?

19 replies 284 views Edited last month
Hey, I'm curious if anyone else has gone through something similar:
I used to be an online only person...COD, NBA, etc...then I played Bloodbourne and finished it, and now I can't stand online and only want to play games, like witcher and nioh...this is a major reversal I never thought would happen...
Message 1 of 20 (284 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
758 posts

Re: Is this a phase?

last month
It's all over for you now. The next phase of regression is board games only. It starts with things like chess and monopoly, then checkers, then full regression into tic tac toe and lastly... kick the can.
 photo WC Veteran_zpsztjcithn.jpg
Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Account & billing Support -1-877-971-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri 8am - 8pm PST
Message 2 of 20 (270 Views)
MVP Support
4278 posts

last month

Grumpy-Goat- wrote:
It's all over for you now. The next phase of regression is board games only. It starts with things like chess and monopoly, then checkers, then full regression into tic tac toe and lastly... kick the can.

16 - 1 (1).gif

PS Customer Support: 1-800-345-7669 Accounts and Billing 1-877-971-7669
Don't want to call? Try Live Chat
Chat is available: Monday - Saturday 6AM - 10PM, Sunday 8AM - 8PM PST  photo ezgif.com-video-to-gif.gif

Message 3 of 20 (255 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
100 posts

last month
I actually am very good at chess...the point was though, I just find online boring now...da fook
Message 4 of 20 (247 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
825 posts

last month

I think you evolved as a gamer. I used to play a lot of multiplayer too, but as time has progressed I have wanted something more. I still play a bit of MP every month, but for the most part I like new expereinces and discovery, more than wash, rinse, repeat, style gameplay of MP. I find much more joy in unlocking the mysteries of a story, of uncovering new areas in a game like Horizan, than I do playing stuff like Killzone or MLB The Show online. 

Going forward, I think you will find games both online, and off, that grab you and entrench you in them. As long as you are enjoying the experience, I would not concern with whether, your future is only online, or offline.

PlayStation = Innovation
Proud to live in the future with the best electronics on the planet.
Message 5 of 20 (247 Views)
MVP Support
4278 posts

last month

KBG29 wrote:

I think you evolved as a gamer. I used to play a lot of multiplayer too, but as time has progressed I have wanted something more. I still play a bit of MP every month, but for the most part I like new expereinces and discovery, more than wash, rinse, repeat, style gameplay of MP. I find much more joy in unlocking the mysteries of a story, of uncovering new areas in a game like Horizan, than I do playing stuff like Killzone or MLB The Show online. 

Going forward, I think you will find games both online, and off, that grab you and entrench you in them. As long as you are enjoying the experience, I would not concern with whether, your future is only online, or offline.

Well said.

About the only time I play online any more is the occasional Destiny session. Even then I still play solo. I have plenty other online games but my backlog keeps me plenty occupied.

PS Customer Support: 1-800-345-7669 Accounts and Billing 1-877-971-7669
Don't want to call? Try Live Chat
Chat is available: Monday - Saturday 6AM - 10PM, Sunday 8AM - 8PM PST  photo ezgif.com-video-to-gif.gif

Message 6 of 20 (240 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
276 posts

last month

I missed most of the PS2 Gen and PS3 till like mid 2010.... missed out on alot of PS2 titles and only now jsut buying some, and still got a backlog of PS3 games on 3 shelves I havent' started some yet...... all because I played NOTHING but Final Fantasy 11 on my PC most of that time. I might've taken a break here and there and played something else.... FFX, FF12, Command and Conquer 3 and on, etc etc..... but ya. 

Now even though I have it and I did play for a few months on my PS4, I cant' even make time for FF XIV lol... too many games. And I dont' give a crap about multiplayer unless it's a MMO anymore.

Message 7 of 20 (231 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4059 posts

last month
Knew this one guy...

Swore he would only ever play Madden or Call of Duty...

I tripped out when I found out how much he liked Demon's Souls...

FromSoftware makes good games...

I bet no one here beat 3D Dot Game Heroes...let me know when THAT game gets remade.
RIP OT Jan. 31, 2017

Mm Bop.
Message 8 of 20 (205 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3139 posts

last month

I used to care more about multiplayer and I still do enjoy it especially with Battlefield but there are definitely more single player games that I'm looking forward to than games with any multiplayer although Red Dead.

Message 9 of 20 (190 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
356 posts

last month

Your tastes changed, that's all.

Message 10 of 20 (161 Views)