Highlighted
Dec 08 2012
By: RaMpAgiNgPaNda7 First Son 3 posts

Is this a good deal?

6 replies 108 views Edited Dec 8, 2012

I'm thinking about getting a ps3 since it's been awhile since my old fat broke and I saw this on amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Family-Entertainment-Bundle-Exclusive-PlayStation-3/dp/B009DYE3JI/ref=sr_tr_sr...

What do you guys think? I also am interested in this bundle right here.

http://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-Plus-Instant-Collection-Bundle-3/dp/B009APQ9QK/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8...

I like this one solely because it comes with the old slim which I think looks a lot less cheap, plus I don't want to hear the loud disc reading on the new slim. What one would you guys recommend?

Message 1 of 7 (108 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Re: Is this a good deal?

Dec 8, 2012
Sony has made many store specific bundles this year. Each of them cost $300 and come with 250GB superslim PS3s.

Walmart: LBP Kart racing + Move & Move Steering controller
Target: Epic Mickey 2 + Move bundle
Best Buy: God of War Saga & Metal of Honor Warfighter
Toys R Us: Need for Speed Most Wanted & Burnout Paradise
Message 2 of 7 (100 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
33 posts

Dec 8, 2012

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009DYCTY4/ref=olp_product_details?ie=UTF8&me=&seller=

Comes with 250g super slim, and 5 games. 4 on cd and 1 downloadable. It was $200 on black friday, but people bought them to sell them for more money. It was on Newegg for a while for $230 with free shipping, but those sold out. $250 with a few bucks for shipping aint bad though. Especially when it comes with 5 games.

Message 3 of 7 (93 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2241 posts

Dec 8, 2012

To me it looks like a rip off cause i just bought one of them before the 4.10 patch.  I thought it was broke about the time i started playing Infamous 1 on it.  I blamed it on the patch but i got a refurb back from sony and Infamous one still locks up the system and only gives the option of pulling plug.  I know i got the older versions of the game not the new fancy collections.

Anyhow it dont look like a bargain to me.  You take a chance on one, if you like?

Its whatever God says it is, try not to let Satan trick you or lie to you. A lie can be twisted so much but its still a lie, same with tricks. Also know noone is perfect except Jesus, we all will mess up from time to time. So try not to be, to hard on yourself or others.
Message 4 of 7 (73 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
33 posts

Dec 8, 2012

I actually haven't even played the bundled games. I got the bundle and Black Ops 2. It's been a while since I've had an up to date COD. And I wanted a new PS3 instead of my cechlo1 which is insanly loud. So far on Black Ops 2 no complaints. I've downloaded all of my previous purchases, played a 3D movie (streamed on dsl with no hickups) and had no prolems, knock on wood. I'd hate to know it was a waste of money. But it doesn't get hot. Only complaint is the cd reading is quite loud when there is no sound from the tv but once the sound of a game starts you don't hear the cd reading.

Message 5 of 7 (60 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
33 posts

Dec 8, 2012

I think really though it comes down to this.. you can either spend $299 on a superslim with a bundled game with a limited selection, or you can pay $250 for a superslim and get 5 games plus have $50 left over to choose whatever new game you want, brining your total to 6 games for the same $299 price. Good deal imo.

Message 6 of 7 (59 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16939 posts

Dec 8, 2012

TheDster wrote:

To me it looks like a rip off cause i just bought one of them before the 4.10 patch.  I thought it was broke about the time i started playing Infamous 1 on it.  I blamed it on the patch but i got a refurb back from sony and Infamous one still locks up the system and only gives the option of pulling plug.  I know i got the older versions of the game not the new fancy collections.

Anyhow it dont look like a bargain to me.  You take a chance on one, if you like?

And why should we take anything you say seriously?

Furiously Chaosing
Message 7 of 7 (51 Views)
0 Likes