May 07 2012
By: flyoffacliff_ Hekseville Citizen 356 posts

Is this a bad time to get a vita?

13 replies 363 views Edited May 7, 2012

I really want one, but with the few games, poor sales, and expected price drop, is it worth it? I don't have a job yet, so I make very little money. And I don't want to waste it on something that is going it fail. Thanks

Earn a free PlayStation Vita by completing offers OR referring people.
Message 1 of 14 (363 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1670 posts

Re: Is this a bad time to get a vita?

May 7, 2012

There is no signs of fails or price drops at the moment, and there is tons of games and one should at least appeal to you. Resistance burning skies is coming out this month, gravity daze next month, and just last week mortal kombat. Plus E3 is right around the corner. There is a new offer that is on amazon right now for 249.99 that comes with a copy of mortal kombat and a 4gb memory card.

Message 2 of 14 (363 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6439 posts

May 7, 2012

July would be a good time to get a Vita.

Check out my PlayStation dedicated blog, PlayStation Persuasion! playstationpersuasion.tumblr.com

PSN: ScreamAimFire999
Message 3 of 14 (363 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
694 posts

May 7, 2012

I will just say that it really depends on your needs.  If you feel like investing right now there is plenty to take up your time.  I personally have been given a positive outlook with the release of Mortal Kombat, as this game really has made me look forward to the future of the system.  It is by-far a tell-tale sign of things yet to come.  Besides other features which will hopefully happen in the future, I'd say this system will be able to handle itself with no issues.  Uncharted is awesome, especially for a launch title and I can't wait for Resistance, Gravity Rush, LBP, and much much more to come.  It's a bit tricky right now, but I wouldn't worry about sales, price drops, or any of the rubbish that is said.  If you like to play games which are fun and on the go, I dont know why anyone would wait unless they really don't have the money to put down.  I feel that people are waiting for these things to happen, which is bad, because with less income means less entertainment.  People invest so that they can expect more to come, but if nobody invests, nothing will happen.  In your case, it really is up to you on how you feel.  Anyone could just come on and say "Yes you better buy it because it's so uuber awesome and the graphics and blah blah" or they could say "NO, Don't buy it because of blah blah blah".

This system is an investment.  It's extremely early in its life cycle, and you can either get on board now or not.  I dont think it would be a hinder to you if you bought it now or not, as nobody can predict the future, but logically, more invested in, more return.

Message 4 of 14 (363 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
340 posts

May 7, 2012

It depends on what games you want the Vita for. There are a few good games out now and some great games are coming. If you like rpgs theres Disgaea 3. If you like fighters theres Mortal Kombat. There are also some other good game out now but they won't keep you entertained for very long. However Resistance Burning Skies is coming at the end of this month and Gravity Rush is coming a few weeks after it. I would also expect many games to be announced at E3. I wouldn't expect any price drop soon but there are deals right now such as from Amazon when you buy a wi-fi Vita you can get Mortal Kombat and a 4GB memory card for free.

Photobucket
psvitaheaven.wordpress.com

Message 5 of 14 (363 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
72 posts

May 7, 2012

I don't think the Vita will fail, but it's definitely too earlier to jump on the bandwagon (like I did).  I'd wait until Sony finally delivers on their promises, like full psOne/psp compatibility.  For that matter, you might hold out on a price cut of either the Vita and/or the memory cards.  I have to think either one is definitely a possibility, and barring some killer new titles, may be a necessity.

Ironically, if Sony had half a brain and either delivered the full functionality or better pricing out of the gate they'd probably have meteoric sales, making your decision to buy now a no-brainer.  But, they didn't, and you shouldn't.

Message 6 of 14 (363 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
621 posts

May 7, 2012

flyoffacliff_ wrote:

I really want one, but with the few games, poor sales, and expected price drop, is it worth it? I don't have a job yet, so I make very little money. And I don't want to waste it on something that is going it fail. Thanks

Earn a free PlayStation Vita by completing offers OR referring people.

just because your asking, you should wait, many people on here don't get that EVERY console releases with few games, and needed updates, etc.. so if you don't want to be an early adopter and have to WAIT for stuff to come out, and would rather just go on with your life and get one down the road when everything comes out for the cry babies, then wait on getting one.

As for price drop being anytime soon, only the cheap are praying for that to happen.

Photobucket

Message 7 of 14 (363 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

May 7, 2012

I suggest you wait until Black Friday before purchasing, you will get the most for your money that way...

Message 8 of 14 (363 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1670 posts

May 8, 2012

I recomended the same thing.

Message 9 of 14 (363 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1470 posts

May 8, 2012

I still don't regret getting my vita first day, use it a lot.

Message 10 of 14 (363 Views)
0 Likes