Mar 22 2011
By: SkyShadowNinja91 Splicer 85 posts

Is there going to be a browser update/new browser this year?

6 replies 20 views Edited Mar 22, 2011

Its annoying that i can't do alot of things on the ps3 browser like have hd video on youtube (and yes i have and hd tv) and have to rely on mobile for stuff like facebook and myspace. Is Sony working on making a better browser or maybe an update?

Message 1 of 7 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
226 posts

Re: Is there going to be a browser update/new browser this year?

Mar 22, 2011

With the launch of the NGP (PSP2) towards the end of the year, there is a very good chance as it would make perfect sense for Sony to use the same ugraded / new browser on both the PS3 / NGP.

Message 2 of 7 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
399 posts

Mar 22, 2011

It would be nice but i don't see it happening. Ps3 browser is worthless hence i don't use it anymore, i just stick to my pc, laptop, mobile android phone & even my ipod touch. YES I DO LOVE MY PS3 AND I WOULD NOT CHANGE IT

Message 3 of 7 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
226 posts

Mar 22, 2011

station3fever wrote:

It would be nice but i don't see it happening. Ps3 browser is worthless hence i don't use it anymore, i just stick to my pc, laptop, mobile android phone & even my ipod touch. YES I DO LOVE MY PS3 AND I WOULD NOT CHANGE IT

Ah, but can you honestly say that Sony would launch their shiny new quad core (CPU+GPU) NGP with the PS3's browser? That would be like shipping a banana in place of the Move controller .

Message 4 of 7 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
399 posts

Mar 22, 2011

@Tribble6

Yes the ngp will have quad-core arm cortex processor, nice touch screen, dual analog sticks, accelerometer, gyroscope motion sensing, electric compass, front rear cameras, no UMD but some type of new media and yes it would suck if they shipped it with the same silly browser. I'm not saying they are but i don't think it's known yet? (i think? not done research on it)

But like i said it would be nice to get some kind of an upgrade for the ps3 browser.

Message 5 of 7 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6512 posts

Mar 23, 2011

I doubt it. Just use you PC/cell phone if you want to browse the web.

Message 6 of 7 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Wastelander
817 posts

Mar 23, 2011

That would be a nice addition, people have been asking for this since the PS3 launched. I don't see it happening, though. It seems like they would have done it already.

Message 7 of 7 (20 Views)
0 Likes