Feb 23, 2012

Its useless

Message 11 of 24 (180 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Re: Is there any point to Remote Play?

Feb 23, 2012
  • The reason you cannot use Remote Play currently is because the Vita was just officially released today. We are relient on the companies who created the PS3 titles to update their games in order for them to be compatible with Remote Play. This is not a fault of Sony's. Not a fault of anyone. They cannot be expected to release an update this quickly.
  • To compare a Vita to an iPod Touch is like comparing water to wine. Sure, an iPod (here playing the role of water) does most things relatively well, but it is still bare, weak. Whereas the Vita (playing the role of wine) is much more robust. It is powerful and fully-featured, not some music player that can barely manage anything other than Angry Birds or Doodle Jump.
  • It's innovative for many reasons. For one, it's the first handheld console to have two analog sticks. It's the first handheld to contain a quad-core processor. It's the first handheld to do many things. It's not trying to be innovative through its interface, instead it's chosing to be innovative through changing the way games are played on the go.
  • And finally, you chose to purchase the Vita. You used your money, of your own accord. The Vita was not meant to strictly be an emulator for the PS3. And also, Uncharted is not the only game on the system.

Next time you try making a point, try making a little better, instead of coming off as an arrogant Apple fanboy.

• Do you realize how long the PS Vita has been out for? Not just Feb. 22 but DECEMBER 17th in Japan. 3 months into the life of PS Vita and no remote play? This is a choice done by Sony, not a software or hardware issue. Go google "remote play (ps3 game of choice) and you will see that a 15 year old has jailbroken their PS3 to CFW 3.55 which allows them to remote play literally ANYTHING they want to. Saying that it was only released is a god awful arguement especially since people streamed Skyrim onto a PSP-1000. At least get all your facts straight before you even argue that point
  • As of right now the PS Vita is a mobile gaming device. Vita and Iphone 4s can easily be compared to one another, saying that it's blasphemous to even consider that without any points to argue it is useless. Powerful and fully-featured? How so? Because it has a useless back touch screen that works with 3 games? Can't use it to type or navigate the homepage or even given the option to. That it has 3G, GPS, 6-axis? Sorry to dissapoint one of the posters but Iphone 4s had all those, actually iphone 2 even had them. So AS OF RIGHT NOW, it's just a glorified PSP only having slightly better graphics. BTW - you can get ps2 emulators on an iphone, so saying it can barely manage anything other than Angry Birds or Doodle Jump is, once again, a god awful arguement.
  • And yes I chose to purchase the Vita, but it was based on the promises and from showcases Sony put out. There were remote play games played on the Vita, playing some really nice PS3 games. I bought it for remote play, why is that a problem? I don't criticize anyone for buying it so you can have a psp with a touch screen. Did the Vita launch with Final Fantasy XIII-2? Disgaea 4? Street Fighter? Grand Theft Auto? Red Dead Redemption? Mass Effect 2? It showed promise, that you can play any game YOU HAVE PURCHASED but on the go. So yeah, I paid $300 for a mobile PS3, which is (to an extent) what they promised. Vita has some nice games, but nothing released yet. I can literally count the number of games on my hands. Uncharted? .... Hot Shot Golf?

Sony didn't promise anything. The Killzone 3 demo was just that, a demo. It was only to show the potential for Remote Play.

But I do agree that it is stupid that you can't use Remote Play to watch DVDs/Blu-Rays or purchased video content.

The Vita is an amazing handheld that is vastly superior to a lowly iPod Touch. You should be ashamed for comparing the two.

• What's the point of showing a demo without going through with it then? Displaying the power of the vita but keeping it to themselves. Basically you can have the cure for cancer, prove that you have it, use it to save 1 person, but never share it to the public.
  • I agree it's better then the iPod Touch. But how about to the iphone 4s? Both basically have the same thing, only difference is the back touch screen that only works for 3 games. Iphone 4s can run PS2 emulators - it's not as weak as people think.
  • I'm not an apple fanboy, I'm a technology fanboy. I have an ipad 2, vita, ps3. I don't discriminate who makes what technology. If it's good, I praise it, if it sucks, I'm not going to pretend it's amazing cause I shelled out a lot of money for it.
Message 12 of 24 (180 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Apr 30, 2012

I use it as a remote control for controlling music from another room.

Having said that it's disappointing it's so limited due presumably to digital rights management issues. I'd like to be able to use my paid-for content from a PSP over the Internet when I'm not at home, but the content providers still have an issue with that level of freedom... and Sony is one of those content providers.

As a result we can't even access our content when we are at home, but in a different room from the TV. Ludicrous isn't it?

BTW, this Wikipedia article helps with the limitations, but is out of date because (at least) BBC iPlayer no longer works... Vidzone does though, at least at present...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remote_Play

Message 13 of 24 (180 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
694 posts

Apr 30, 2012

isn't WiiU looking more bright these days?  can't leave the house when using the tablet controller to play the games from the system, but at least if someone wants to watch TV you have options.  sony has this capability... but... it's just what it is... it will be another let down like Cross-Game Chat on PS3.... so many hopes... so many let downs.

the real shame is as soon as discussions like this get flowing, people start complaining about how many articles there are about this same thing and the community begins to breakdown....

Message 14 of 24 (180 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1670 posts

Apr 30, 2012

I do not know why you guys are renewing a thread made in february.

Message 15 of 24 (180 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2922 posts

Apr 30, 2012

TMAZT3R wrote:

Neither do I, but as long as they post relevant stuff, it's all good. Anyway, I wasn't looking to play games on Remote Play because I know it's going to be a lagg... a lagg chaos or something.

Metallica Pinball Sig photo LONG-LIVE-PLAY-METALLICA-PINBALL_zps397a82cb.jpg
Gameplay -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gzxc59Y6GcA
Message 16 of 24 (180 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
694 posts

Apr 30, 2012

just wanna say... not to get anyone riled up... if it wasn't such a big deal to so many people... there wouldn't be so many threads on the same topic... if the argument now is to not make new threads on a topic but keep a topic going from an older thread... wouldn't this be that?

Message 17 of 24 (180 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4987 posts

Apr 30, 2012

Viewtiful_Josh wrote:

TMAZT3R wrote:

Neither do I, but as long as they post relevant stuff, it's all good. Anyway, I wasn't looking to play games on Remote Play because I know it's going to be a lagg... a lagg chaos or something.

Photobucket

100% agreed.

I'd rather see a little necro posting then yet ANOTHER new thread made about the same, tired, topic.

No offense intended to anyone but, are we gonna complain about dozens of identical threads, or necro posts? It's gotta be one or the other.

Message 18 of 24 (180 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2922 posts

Apr 30, 2012

I saw a one-to-two-month-old discussion a couple of days back, so I'm guessing people are starting to use the search function.

Metallica Pinball Sig photo LONG-LIVE-PLAY-METALLICA-PINBALL_zps397a82cb.jpg
Gameplay -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gzxc59Y6GcA
Message 19 of 24 (180 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1670 posts

Apr 30, 2012

My post was a little harsh, I can see this being better than making another one saying OmGzzz I need remote play funtionalities naow.

Message 20 of 24 (180 Views)
0 Likes