Feb 21 2014
By: JefHaze6 First Son 10 posts

Is there a way to cheat on games?

[ Edited ]
16 replies 353 views Edited Feb 21, 2014

I only own a few games, but on 2 of them, i'm stuck and cant defeat something to journey forward through the game. On The Last Of Us, I'm in a building and must defeat 5 clickers to proceed. And on Call Of Duty Black Ops, I can't make it through an objective to reach the next checkpoint. again, I've been trying for a week. I'm playing them both on the easiest level. I'm following walkthroughs on youtube, but I'm still unable to advance. I enjoy playing the games (at least I did until now) and I want to see what lies ahead. Is there a way to finish playing these games?  Why do they make the games so hard on the beginners level? I think in the Call Of Duty, the objective should be broken down into 2 smaller objectives. And for The Last Of Us, IDK, maybe start out with only 3 clickers to defeat at once until later in the game.  

Edit: Updated label. For more information on labels, click here: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-General/Labels-Best-Practices-in-PS-General/td-p/...

Message 1 of 17 (353 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5476 posts

Re: Is there a way to cheat on games?

Feb 21, 2014

Some games allow you to progress in different ways witht he difficulty level, yes, but, "cheating" in the Game Genie sense of the 1980's/1990's is all but dead.

Regarding The Last Of Us, take your time.  It's really worth beating straight.

Grindhead_Jim

Message 2 of 17 (319 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
480 posts

Feb 21, 2014
I guess you are talking about some bug?
Message 3 of 17 (312 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
41 posts

Feb 21, 2014

Call of Duty can be decent at times, but it tends to bev very bugged. Try practicing on Bots, several times on different difficulties and on different Game Modes. Other than that, I have no suggestions.

Message 4 of 17 (299 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

Feb 21, 2014

Cheating, or cheats, were not originally intended for the player. These were put into games during development to make debugging easier. An invinsibility cheat is a prime example; the developer can check for bugs without getting killed by game enemies. These days the only game series I know that continues cheats is gta.

Message 5 of 17 (290 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5603 posts

Feb 21, 2014

Are you serious? Most games are insanely easy now, especially on the lowest difficulty levels.

photo freecomms_zpsa50e6e82.jpg
Message 6 of 17 (281 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6100 posts

Feb 21, 2014
Ok first you have to fly to viridian city. Walk up to the old man right on the outskirts of the northern exit. Talk to him and have him show you how to catch a weedle. As soon as he is done fly to cinnibar island and use surf on the right side of the island. Hug the island and go up and down until you get into a battle. The battle should be with missingno. Catch it. It would probably be best to use your masterball so that you will succeed, because missingno is hard to catch.

After that simply save your game and restart. If your save file didnt get wiped then you will have infinite power.
 photo newforumsig_zps5ec69817.png
Message 7 of 17 (270 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5603 posts

Feb 21, 2014

Winscar_Shinobi wrote:
Ok first you have to fly to viridian city. Walk up to the old man right on the outskirts of the northern exit. Talk to him and have him show you how to catch a weedle. As soon as he is done fly to cinnibar island and use surf on the right side of the island. Hug the island and go up and down until you get into a battle. The battle should be with missingno. Catch it. It would probably be best to use your masterball so that you will succeed, because missingno is hard to catch.

After that simply save your game and restart. If your save file didnt get wiped then you will have infinite power.

Do you think the guys on Twitch will learn this?

Message 8 of 17 (264 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6100 posts

Feb 21, 2014
I pray to god not. They already made the mistake of teaching digrat dig and bird jesus fly.

Im pretty sure they also created a religion and a form of currency
 photo newforumsig_zps5ec69817.png
Message 9 of 17 (253 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5603 posts

Feb 21, 2014

Glory to the Fossil!

Message 10 of 17 (249 Views)