Reply
First Son
Registered: 03/17/2013
Offline
1 posts
 

Re: Is there a way to change your PSN ID?

Mar 17, 2013

You just have to go to system settings and restore default setting by doing this you don't have to restore the whole PS3 and it restores other thing too it shows what it restore.

Hope this helps

Message 41 of 104 (1,445 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 12/21/2013
Offline
1 posts
 

Re: Is there a way to change your PSN ID?

Dec 21, 2013

Sony should charge us like 5$ so we can change our usernames...that will be a win win

Message 42 of 104 (766 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
Registered: 12/08/2000
Online
29174 posts
 

Re: Is there a way to change your PSN ID?

[ Edited ]
Dec 21, 2013

fireeagle0104 wrote:

Sony should charge us like 5$ so we can change our usernames...that will be a win win


And then when you run up a $100 bill for changing your name every hour, you'll be screamng "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH THIS IS AN OUTRAGE!! THEY SHOULD MAKE IT FREE!! PONZI SCHEME!! BAIT AND SWITCH!!! I'LL SUE!!".

 

They give you ample warning that you won't be able to change your name. If ignore that warning because you're under the false impression of "oh, I'll be able to change it later", then that's your own fault.

Message 43 of 104 (763 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 04/20/2008
Offline
23 posts
 

Re: Is there a way to change your PSN ID?

Dec 21, 2013

If you open new account ,you can tranfer your game saves , but you will not be able to access previously downloaded games etc . from the store . I have over 2 hundred games from the store , that dont fit on hard drive , i redownload them as needed . 

 

Message 44 of 104 (744 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 12/09/2013
Offline
526 posts
 

Re: Is there a way to change your PSN ID?

Dec 21, 2013

bigdaddy17O2 wrote:

If you open new account ,you can tranfer your game saves , but you will not be able to access previously downloaded games etc . from the store . I have over 2 hundred games from the store , that dont fit on hard drive , i redownload them as needed . 

 


Game saves/profile/trophies are tied directly with the psn id, I'm not sure how you would use the game saves on another account?

"You're as randomly lethal and entirely confused as you ever were."
Message 45 of 104 (742 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 11/16/2008
Offline
1513 posts
 

Re: Is there a way to change your PSN ID?

Dec 21, 2013

CaptainAlbator wrote:

fireeagle0104 wrote:

Sony should charge us like 5$ so we can change our usernames...that will be a win win


And then when you run up a $100 bill for changing your name every hour, you'll be screamng "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH THIS IS AN OUTRAGE!! THEY SHOULD MAKE IT FREE!! PONZI SCHEME!! BAIT AND SWITCH!!! I'LL SUE!!".

 

They give you ample warning that you won't be able to change your name. If ignore that warning because you're under the false impression of "oh, I'll be able to change it later", then that's your own fault.


I've had my name since PS3 launched in 2006.  I just want to change to something more representative of myself now than something random I chose about 7 years ago.  Most people will only change their psn ID once or twice, and if they need to change it more, they won't complain that it should be free, they will ante up and pay the charge.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 46 of 104 (733 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 12/22/2010
Offline
245 posts
 

Re: Is there a way to change your PSN ID?

[ Edited ]
Dec 21, 2013

CaptainAlbator wrote:

fireeagle0104 wrote:

Sony should charge us like 5$ so we can change our usernames...that will be a win win


And then when you run up a $100 bill for changing your name every hour, you'll be screamng "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH THIS IS AN OUTRAGE!! THEY SHOULD MAKE IT FREE!! PONZI SCHEME!! BAIT AND SWITCH!!! I'LL SUE!!".

 

They give you ample warning that you won't be able to change your name. If ignore that warning because you're under the false impression of "oh, I'll be able to change it later", then that's your own fault.


Your comment was pretty immature. I don't see why you are so vehmently opposed to it. Sony would make bank if they allowed people to change their user names for a small fee; like Microsoft does with the Xbox LIVE Gamertag. FFS, Steam lets you do it as much as you want for free. Seriously, no-one has given a truly good reason for why name changes for fees is a bad thing. I dislike the name I chose back in 2007. I've matured/gotten wiser and would like to change it to reflect my personality now. Most people would probably only change their name once or twice. As long as Sony makes money from it, who gives a crap if someone spent that ridiculous sum of money to change the name?

 

Message 47 of 104 (729 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
Registered: 12/08/2000
Online
29174 posts
 

Re: Is there a way to change your PSN ID?

[ Edited ]
Dec 21, 2013

GrnDragn wrote:

CaptainAlbator wrote:

fireeagle0104 wrote:

Sony should charge us like 5$ so we can change our usernames...that will be a win win


And then when you run up a $100 bill for changing your name every hour, you'll be screamng "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH THIS IS AN OUTRAGE!! THEY SHOULD MAKE IT FREE!! PONZI SCHEME!! BAIT AND SWITCH!!! I'LL SUE!!".

 

They give you ample warning that you won't be able to change your name. If ignore that warning because you're under the false impression of "oh, I'll be able to change it later", then that's your own fault.


Your comment was pretty immature. I don't see why you are so vehmently opposed to it. Sony would make bank if they allowed people to change their user names for a small fee; like Microsoft does with the Xbox LIVE Gamertag. FFS, Steam lets you do it as much as you want for free. Seriously, no-one has given a truly good reason for why name changes for fees is a bad thing. I dislike the name I chose back in 2007. I've matured/gotten wiser and would like to change it to reflect my personality now. 


Saying "it's immature" does not make it so. There are the more ADD afflicted who would change their name repeatedly, and would scream bloody murder about the massive bills they run up, and then scream further about how "they should let us do it for free".

 

The other problem I see is name squatting. The more "enterprising" out there would use this to create popular names, and then sell them on Ebay or Craigslist. As for XBox Live and Steamy Pile, I'm sure that nobody sells names on either or those two services... said no one ever. Run over to Ebay and search "Steam Account" and "XBox Live account", and tell me what you find. 

 

Furthermore, you say you created your account in 2007, yet your date registered is 12-22-2010. Even when the accounts for PSN and Playstation.com merged a few years back, the date registered still carried over as the original date for Playstation.com. So I'm sorry, but I don't believe you.

 

The same policy applies to everyone. As the saying goes, if you don't like it take it up with the league office.

Message 48 of 104 (707 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
Registered: 12/08/2000
Online
29174 posts
 

Re: Is there a way to change your PSN ID?

Dec 21, 2013

shades1 wrote:

CaptainAlbator wrote:

fireeagle0104 wrote:

Sony should charge us like 5$ so we can change our usernames...that will be a win win


And then when you run up a $100 bill for changing your name every hour, you'll be screamng "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH THIS IS AN OUTRAGE!! THEY SHOULD MAKE IT FREE!! PONZI SCHEME!! BAIT AND SWITCH!!! I'LL SUE!!".

 

They give you ample warning that you won't be able to change your name. If ignore that warning because you're under the false impression of "oh, I'll be able to change it later", then that's your own fault.


I've had my name since PS3 launched in 2006.  I just want to change to something more representative of myself now than something random I chose about 7 years ago.  Most people will only change their psn ID once or twice, and if they need to change it more, they won't complain that it should be free, they will ante up and pay the charge.


And you know that how? And "they just would" is not an acceptable answer. Why not create a second account, and keep this one?

Message 49 of 104 (702 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 12/22/2010
Offline
245 posts
 

Re: Is there a way to change your PSN ID?

Dec 21, 2013

CaptainAlbator wrote:

GrnDragn wrote:

CaptainAlbator wrote:

fireeagle0104 wrote:

Sony should charge us like 5$ so we can change our usernames...that will be a win win


And then when you run up a $100 bill for changing your name every hour, you'll be screamng "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH THIS IS AN OUTRAGE!! THEY SHOULD MAKE IT FREE!! PONZI SCHEME!! BAIT AND SWITCH!!! I'LL SUE!!".

 

They give you ample warning that you won't be able to change your name. If ignore that warning because you're under the false impression of "oh, I'll be able to change it later", then that's your own fault.


Your comment was pretty immature. I don't see why you are so vehmently opposed to it. Sony would make bank if they allowed people to change their user names for a small fee; like Microsoft does with the Xbox LIVE Gamertag. FFS, Steam lets you do it as much as you want for free. Seriously, no-one has given a truly good reason for why name changes for fees is a bad thing. I dislike the name I chose back in 2007. I've matured/gotten wiser and would like to change it to reflect my personality now. 


Saying "it's immature" does not make it so. There are the more ADD afflicted who would change their name repeatedly, and would scream bloody murder about the massive bills they run up, and then scream further about how "they should let us do it for free".

 

The other problem I see is name squatting. The more "enterprising" out there would use this to create popular names, and then sell them on Ebay or Craigslist. As for XBox Live and Steamy Pile, I'm sure that nobody sells names on either or those two services... said no one ever. Run over to Ebay and search "Steam Account" and "XBox Live account", and tell me what you find. 

 

Furthermore, you say you created your account in 2007, yet your date registered is 12-22-2010. Even when the accounts for PSN and Playstation.com merged a few years back, the date registered still carried over as the original date for Playstation.com. So I'm sorry, but I don't believe you.

 

The same policy applies to everyone. As the saying goes, if you don't like it take it up with the league office.


You are correct, my account was made back in 2010... the online one, anyway. Still, I do not like the name. I and many of my friends on Xbox LIVE changed our account names at least once or twice in a lifetime and did not complain about the fees. Yes, there are people who will buy an account online, but they spend more money buying then name then just changing it to something else. You could implement a number of systems to limit this; such as having a limit to the amount of times you can change your name (once a year, for example) or have a combination of two systems. The once a year and the "if you want to change your name now, you will pay a $5-10 fee".

 

I just feel that you are blowing the ability to change names way out of proportion; making it sound like the world will collapse if name changes are allowed. If people are foolish enough to buy "popular names"(lol) on Ebay for a hefty price, let them; it's their money. But again, you are blowing the negatives way out of proportion in a slippery slope argument. 

Message 50 of 104 (694 Views)
0 Likes