Hekseville Citizen
429 posts

Re: Is there a way to change your PSN ID?

Nov 7, 2011

Wow this has become a very confusing thread! LOL

Your PSN ID is not something that can be transferred, but you can make a new PSN ID.

Once you make a PSN ID all games, game progress, downloads, purchases, region, etc are locked to this ID. You cannot transfer them to another PSN ID.

Please use plain text.
Message 31 of 70 (1,331 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Dec 31, 2012

If your reading this, I figured out the hard way, I'm really good at all these games but.... My name is immature, I wanted to change it so bad but you CAN NOT change it, it's really dumb, you have to make a fake email address (doesn't have to be real) and change it to the one that you want to make a new account, so put something random and like, "thisisnotarealemailaddresslol@stupid.com". It doesn't have to be valid, but that's PSN for you. I always play xbox because you can change your name easily and they're are way more perks than PSN peace and have a good night...

Please use plain text.
Message 32 of 70 (1,194 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Dec 31, 2012
no sorry, you have to make a whole new account... :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Message 33 of 70 (1,194 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Dec 31, 2012

I could've wished you can change the name...

:smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Message 34 of 70 (1,185 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

new psn account

Jan 29, 2013

so i bought a pre-owned ps3 from a store ad the psn id was from the previous owner and idk any of his information let alone know the person...i was wonderig if i reset the entire ps3 to its factory settings will that ensure that i can change that account to a new 1?

Please use plain text.
Message 35 of 70 (1,089 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
27645 posts

Re: new psn account

Jan 29, 2013

DJ_LavisH661 wrote:

so i bought a pre-owned ps3 from a store ad the psn id was from the previous owner and idk any of his information let alone know the person...i was wonderig if i reset the entire ps3 to its factory settings will that ensure that i can change that account to a new 1?

Welcome to the PlayStation Community.

Either perform a factory reset or just delete the PSN ID that's on there & add your own.

Please use plain text.
Message 36 of 70 (1,084 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
41 posts

Re: new psn account

Jan 30, 2013

God, not being able to change my psn is what's stopping me from using my ps3.

Please use plain text.
Message 37 of 70 (1,068 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Feb 26, 2013
So let's say I made a new account and I have a lot of downloaded DLC, and games on my old account will I be able to use that content on my new account
Please use plain text.
Message 38 of 70 (971 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Mar 5, 2013

Awesome so the only way to change it is by making a new account, which u cant transfer your trophies to, looks like im keeping my name forever or until they change it. Come on PSN, even if psn is free you can still add a change name option. i mean look at steam, u can change that **bleep** anytime u want. im very dissapointed in you psn developers. very dissapointed. like seriously tho, even add a feature where u gotta pay for it i dont **bleep** care just let me change my name, ud make a **bleep** ton of money off of something like that.

Please use plain text.
Message 39 of 70 (932 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Mar 6, 2013
Yeah. A lot of us have had our PlayStation Id for years now. I made mine when I was a young dude. I have far too many trophies and history to just delete my account and start over. When ps4 comes out, maybe consider letting people get a name change. I'd pay for it. Far less superior networks allow it. Why not Sony? It's obvious many many people are interested in it. Many even offering to pay for the opportunity.
Please use plain text.
Message 40 of 70 (902 Views)
0 Likes