Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Lombax Warrior
154 posts

Re: Is there a way to change your PSN ID?

Jul 23, 2009
Something I'd like to know about this- if I created a new user and such as explained above, will I regain all of my trophies when I sign up for the new PSN account?
360 Gamertag: The Gdm Batman

Get your Portable ID!
Message 11 of 93 (5,662 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
41 posts

Jul 23, 2009
maybe Sony should bring out a service where they can charge for changing usernames. it'll make them a lot of money
Message 12 of 93 (5,662 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
145 posts

Sep 28, 2009

ECU_Pirate,

Does this retain the trophy's? I have bunch of trophies from games which I sold or traded over time. I assume trophies would be gone..

Can someone please confirm?

0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Sep 29, 2009
it would be incredible if you could retain the trophies. Anyone confirm this yet? I am going to try it when I get home
Uncharted 2 Stats Card by JAKPRO.net - DigTheDug
Message 14 of 93 (5,662 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
216 posts

Sep 29, 2009
no u can get trophies back u have 2 start the game over
Message 15 of 93 (5,662 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Jan 3, 2010

Hope you can answer this message is so old, but will it also transfer you online gaming progress...?

Well wazzzupppp...
Message 16 of 93 (5,662 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
31 posts

Jan 3, 2010

Why can't you change your original PSN ID and the original email associated with it.

1. I set up an ID and email when I first purchased my ps3. 

2. After a while I needed to change my ID and I also had a new email address I was using.

so

3. I created a new PS3 user name to log in with, and also associated it with my new email adress.

4. I deleted my old user name profile on the PS3.

Problem.

5. My PAID FOR downloaded content is associated with the original ID and email I had when I first got my PS3.....from everthing I read you permanently loose this and I'm SOL as far as this is concerned.

6. The original user name and email is still considered my master ID as far as Sony is concerned. The email that Sony has on file, uses,  and is associated with my physical console and account is still the original one.

Sony has got to some way or another allow you to change you original PSN ID's and email....allow you to LINK UP past purchases, new email address ect ect... to any new user ID you create.

Example, what would happen if the company you used to have an email address with went bankrupt and now that email was no longer valid...if that's the one associated with your master account how would you ever get an email from sony again. Luckily I can still log in to my old email becasue it was a hotmail address...and when I had a break down...that's the address Sony communicated with for the warranty repair...but again...what if that original email was gone permanently?

basically I want to LINK my current email address to my MASTER account.....it would be nice if I could link my current user ID as my MASTER ID account....and even nicer...I'd like to get my PAID content back.

Message 17 of 93 (5,662 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Jun 29, 2010

im so confuused 

Message 18 of 93 (5,662 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Aug 23, 2010

this works but you won't be able to transfer trophies earned from your original ps3 id.

Message 19 of 93 (5,662 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
145 posts

Aug 23, 2010

I would have thought PSN PLUS would allow this.... 

0 Likes