Welcoming Committee
14267 posts

Re: Is there a reason why not many people are playing KZ SF Online?

Dec 2, 2013

dulun18 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

AF_739 wrote:
@dulun18

No aim assist on multiplayer. It really takes the fun out of the game. All console FPS should have aim assist. Or at least the option to turn it on or off. Its not about sucking at aiming, but thinking we can aim just as good with thumbsticks as with a mouse is just laughable

I actually can...

But believe me. It's equally no fun for me shooting down people struggling. Whats the point if I don't get challenged. I feel bad everytime I play it. It's like I'm in a race while I have a car vs someone running. It's just totally pointless.

the reason i asked because i didn't know that aim assist was even available for online..

since isn't it an unfair advantage for the other players? with no aim assist?

I play killzone 2 online every now and then .. and i don't think there's aim assist with that game.... :/

oh!!Smiley Surprised!  now i understand!!   now i understand why those who played killzone keep calling call of duty are for noobs.. etc.. they keep labblinng about it during the wait time inthe lobby but i have no idea what they are talking about...  i've always thought they were talking about me .. since my clag tag  was ..  [NOOB] dulun 18 ...  but now i understand..

actually playing shooters game WITHOUT aim assist is like using a laptop mouse pad for the first time for me... i didn't know how to use it.. and it's taking sometimes to get used to it.. but it's possible.. 

i'm also used to using this mouse type as well.. i'm sure most people will have problem using it but i'm fine with it...there's a learning curve

mouse

now that both of you mentioned about aim assist.. .. which i thought was only for offline..   i didn't know it was also available online as well..

now i understand why BF and COD was so popular online..

and true.. killzone games have no aim assist (it's been like that.. i think..)   .. maybe offline.. but i don't remember online... i've been playing killzone 2 online for so long that i forgot and thought that all games are like it.. with no aim assist..  but i guess not.. 

the only two games i play online are Killzone 2 and Uncharted 2...

wait a minute..  does Uncharted has aim assist?..

:/ i have to replay these games.. to see.. i have to check

nice talking to both of you Smiley Happy

Uncharted 2 definately has Aim Assist.

Killzone 3 had assist too. I don't know about 2.

Message 21 of 32 (183 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
293 posts

Dec 2, 2013
"No aim assist on multiplayer. It really takes the fun out of the game. All console FPS should have aim assist. Or at least the option to turn it on or off. Its not about sucking at aiming, but thinking we can aim just as good with thumbsticks as with a mouse is just laughable"

Couldn't disagree more. Aim assist is a crutch. If it's even an option in any MP FPS it should a lockable one. It's more of an annoyance/hindrance IMO and I don't wan to turn it off and be at a disadvantage against others who don't.

I hate "sticky aim" especially and I wish the meme that it's mandatory in console shooters would die a slow and painful death.
 photo jermwarfare.png
Message 22 of 32 (183 Views)
Monster Hunter
40 posts

Dec 2, 2013
If it goes away then thats it for the golden era of fps, nobody wants to empty half a clip into a wall
Message 23 of 32 (159 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
614 posts

Dec 2, 2013

Trackball mice are outstanding. Everyone should be made to understand how backwards it is for them to be using their entire forearm to navigate when they could simply use their thumb.

digitalseraph2.jpg

Add me as a friend to chat or just play games -- PSNid: seraphim_falconu

checkoutbanner.jpg

Message 24 of 32 (154 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
204 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 2, 2013

Smiley SadI don't know what happened to everyone else, but I'm playing Shadow Fall to death. I decided after completing the campaign that I would want to platinum this one. I don't have too many platinums, but this one was definitely worth my time. It's sad that so few people seem to be playing it, but at least server stability is outstanding.

The only problem with so few people playing it is that I still need to get the trophy for winning on every map. I know I still need The Divide, but nobody ever votes for it, and when I get lucky enough to start a game there, it always seems to spawn on the losing side with < 5 min. remaining.

Message 25 of 32 (151 Views)
Limit Breaker
22825 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 2, 2013

JermVVarfare wrote:

Couldn't disagree more. Aim assist is a crutch. If it's even an option in any MP FPS it should a lockable one. It's more of an annoyance/hindrance IMO and I don't wan to turn it off and be at a disadvantage against others who don't.

I hate "sticky aim" especially and I wish the meme that it's mandatory in console shooters would die a slow and painful death.

i guess they want to make FPS more popular and sell more copies by make it easier to kill on an online match..

now that i understand about this  "aim assist"  i'm guessing for my brother who can do headshot on the psp with 1 analog stick and the directional buttons  .. playing the current FPS would be a piece of cake for him then... :/

this reminded me of the handicap abilities in uncharted 2 online game.... once your level is high enough and you are used to the controls you can set ability that give you the handicap of some sort..     i encountered some of these players online.. they experienced gamers even with those handicaps.. there are still the opponents to be fear of Smiley Happy

playing against these experienced gamers.. it's an excitement for me when playing online  Smiley Happy  i love a challenge Smiley Happy

Killzone 2 has no aim assist.. and the guns have recoil (more than other games).. you can fire all 256 rounds from the machine gun and not killing anyone if you don't aim and fire in burst..

in a way making it a bit more realistic to the real life shooting experience Smiley Happy ..  the M4 is also hard to handle due to the recoil but deadly when hit Smiley Happy   it's similar to firing a magnum Smiley Happy

i guess is this why i keep playing killzone 2 online.. since the recoil of the gun and aiming is kind of similar to firing the a real gun at a shooting range (except not as loud )

**love the sound of headshots during a match .. it means +1 extra point Smiley Happy

What Are Internet TROLLS ?
To QUOTE- TOP RIGHT of the reply box - To MULTI-QUOTE
PSP and PS3 owner..YES...i still play the LAST GEN systems
****still waiting for The LAST GUARDIAN****
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 26 of 32 (149 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
22825 posts

Dec 2, 2013

seraphim_falconu wrote:

Trackball mice are outstanding. Everyone should be made to understand how backwards it is for them to be using their entire forearm to navigate when they could simply use their thumb.

i'm using all four of my fingers  (except the little finger)  Smiley Happy

I'm used to it Smiley Happy  now i can use a normal mouse or the track ball mouse Smiley Happy

with trackball mouse i can use the computer for a longer time.. much longer for continuous number of days before i start to have pain in my wrist or forearm...

Message 27 of 32 (146 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
498 posts

Dec 2, 2013
I don't think I could play another competitive shooter with aim assist now that I've gotten used to kz-sf. It's nice knowing when you catch someone off guard they don't magically have their scope pointed on my face. The ds4 works really well and once you get a few scope attachments your aim rate will be much better. There's only a few guns you can get away with hip firing for the most part, and it's good because when it happens it's close quarter combat anyways. A sniper with patience and a good scope can easily take out an opposing sniper that can't be bothered to line up their aim.

If the community stays smaller because of the lack of auto aim, I say good, let it be that way, because this game actually rewards teamplay and skill.

I am also a bit skeptical about the addition of voice chat, since screaming/swearing immature little brats basically crit everyone's ears the entire time, so I'm hoping personally for squads so a group of friends can use party chat to actually aid the game rather then turn it into a angry 13yr old screaming fight lol
Message 28 of 32 (141 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
22825 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 2, 2013

Sniffynose wrote:
There's only a few guns you can get away with hip firing for the most part, and it's good because when it happens it's close quarter combat anyways. A sniper with patience and a good scope can easily take out an opposing sniper that can't be bothered to line up their aim.

i tried killzone 3 online.. but i didn't like it.. smaller maps and less players.. ..

so always ended up putting in killzone 2 to play online on the weekend.. when i have time

i hate the sixaxis control when using sniper.. it messed up my aim sometimes..

sadly sniper in killzone 2 doesn't have the ability like in killzone 3..

once you play the game long enough we don't look at the main screen.. just the mini-map....

Message 29 of 32 (131 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
293 posts

Dec 2, 2013
Actual recoil and no aim assist? I might actually have to try out this KillZone MP.
 photo jermwarfare.png
Message 30 of 32 (125 Views)
0 Likes