Highlighted
Mar 08 2012
By: eaglefan129 Treasure Hunter 8821 posts

Is there a "hold" feature?

7 replies 21 views Edited Mar 8, 2012

On the psp you push the power button down and you won't hit anything this was useful to me when listening to music because I won't accidentally hit the r or L button and it changes the song. And also does anyone find that the vita takes longer to turn on then say most devices?

Message 1 of 8 (21 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
650 posts

Re: Is there a "hold" feature?

Mar 8, 2012

no

Message 2 of 8 (21 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2922 posts

Mar 8, 2012

Locking the screen is probably the closes we got to putting the device on hold. It's a shame, because it takes you offline once you do it (if you were online).

I can't really say it takes longer than "most devices", because I don't have that many handheld devices, lol. The PSP Go would take a sec or two, maybe a bit faster than the Vita, yet I feel no consern over it.

Metallica Pinball Sig photo LONG-LIVE-PLAY-METALLICA-PINBALL_zps397a82cb.jpg
Gameplay -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gzxc59Y6GcA
Message 3 of 8 (21 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
19284 posts

Mar 8, 2012

I just started music and "accidentally" tried to change the song and it wouldn't let me using any of the buttons. You will have to press the screen in order to do so and even then you can just press the PS button to go to the live page and change it to another to stop that from happening.

I can't guarantee that works for Music Unlimited since I don't have an account.

Please do not send me a friend's request without telling me who you are and where I know you from. Thank you.

Message 4 of 8 (21 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
32 posts

Mar 8, 2012

Nope. I hope it comes with an update.

Message 5 of 8 (21 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
40 posts

Mar 9, 2012

Couldn't you just push the PS button. It works for me. Pauses the game and I just click back onto the game app and I go right back to playing. This would be difficult for online games though. Yet, I don't see how that would work. Cause you would be in the game on their sides too.

Message 6 of 8 (21 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
18 posts

Mar 9, 2012

I could be wrong but I remember reading somewhere that "locking" the vita and letting the vita "lock" itself are too seperate things, because if the vita locks itself while you were downloading something, it continues to download unlike if you lock it yourself. So you could try setting the vita lock timer at a lower number and see if that works? I know this might be off topic, just trying to help though.

Message 7 of 8 (21 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13577 posts

Mar 9, 2012

eaglefan129 wrote:

On the psp you push the power button down and you won't hit anything this was useful to me when listening to music because I won't accidentally hit the r or L button and it changes the song. And also does anyone find that the vita takes longer to turn on then say most devices?

No, but I do find that one button press sometimes doesn't cut it.

I typically either have to hold it for a while, or hit it at least twice.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 8 of 8 (21 Views)
0 Likes