Oct 25 2013
By: Mystic_Gon Wastelander 680 posts

Is the Vita doomed to be an accessory?

12 replies 411 views Edited Oct 25, 2013
Vita has it's own Uncharted and Killzone but it has failed to stir up much commotion. There is a barrage of action games for the Vita coming from Japan but they are niche games here in America. Aside from Gaikai and PS4 remote play is there anything to get excited for as an American Vita gamer? Something that can give the Vita it's own identity?
Message 1 of 13 (411 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
106 posts

Re: Is the Vita doomed to be an accessory?

Oct 25, 2013

I personally just picked up a Playstation Vita yesterday, not just because of the PS4 remote play capabilites but because overall it's a great device. I think as time continues Vita will pick up speed and continue to grow among the gaming community.

Message 2 of 13 (403 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
236 posts

Hope

Oct 25, 2013

I have to agree.  PS4 will really steal the idea of making a game for the Vita.  When making a PS4 game is almost means the same.

People can not stay connected all the time.  Franchises games are what Vita will want to make sure it has.

Gravity Rush and Soul Sacrifice are Vita franchises.  Toukiden is out in Nihon and on the way 2014.

Message 3 of 13 (394 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
250 posts

Oct 25, 2013

Nope.

PS1~PS2~PS3~PSP~PS Vita~Dreamcast.
-Killzone Mercenary Beta Tester
Free userbars
Message 4 of 13 (376 Views)
Lombax Warrior
240 posts

Oct 25, 2013

I think the vita will be fine. It has more games then most people thinks it does and some of them are excellent games. If people buy a vita because of ps4 then thats great because more people will have one and it wouldnt be as big of a risk to spend tge money to make more games.

Message 5 of 13 (360 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13984 posts

Oct 25, 2013

The Vita will be fine on its own. There are plenty of unreleased games for that console we have yet to see, buy, and play.

Playstation Telephone Hours: Weekdays, Saturday: 6AM - 10PM, PST (Sunday: 8AM - 8PM, PST)
Customer Service - 1-800-345-7669
Account and Billing Support - 1-877-971-7669
Sony Rewards - 1-888-715-7669
Message 6 of 13 (355 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13184 posts

Oct 25, 2013

Mystic_Gon wrote:
Vita has it's own Uncharted and Killzone but it has failed to stir up much commotion. There is a barrage of action games for the Vita coming from Japan but they are niche games here in America. Aside from Gaikai and PS4 remote play is there anything to get excited for as an American Vita gamer? Something that can give the Vita it's own identity?

you forgot INDIE GAMES!

photo AL2009manBanner2013_zpsd80ecc86.png
Message 7 of 13 (350 Views)
Wastelander
680 posts

Oct 25, 2013
Indies are cool but Minecraft and Angry Birds among others have better versions on PC and mobile. I guess what I'm asking for are games worth cheering about at E3.
Message 8 of 13 (303 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
394 posts

Oct 25, 2013

Yup.  Been sayin this for awhile.

I only became re-interested in the Vita because of the PS4 functions, mostly remote play.

I always seen sony handhleds as what the PSP was.  a first gen playstation portable, meaning a portable way to play the PS1 games.

The next should have been PS2P, and been a portable way to play all PS1 and PS2 games, this never happened and was the start of me feeling Sony lost touch on the handhled side of things.  We haad several versions with this limited ability.

Then the Vita was a chance to correct their crooked ways, though i would prefer a PS3P for now and a PS4P when it can play the games without Wifi.

So if Viat remote play works great and Sony gets Gaikai functioning the way I hope it will the Vita will become useful once again!!

Just my opinion of course.

SC-GRAY_FOX wrote:
"Of course you can. You can do this with the PS3 and the PS4 would not be taking steps back."

Smiley Sad Smiley Happy

Vertigomega wrote:
Being angry that your gaming console focuses on gaming is kind of like being mad that your microwave focuses too much on warming up your food.
But the new model removed the light bulb and timer from the microwave, so now you never know when the foods done, so ends up burnt a lot or undercooked.
Message 9 of 13 (275 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2536 posts

Oct 25, 2013
While I often mocked people for saying this, I'll have to say it this time: I'll wait until next E3 / Gamescon / TGS. If at those events it's clear that the PSV takes a backseat to even the PS3 then yes, the PSV will be doomed to be an accessory. If it doesn't, and if enough (exclusive) games come out for it in that timespan, then the system is intended to have an identity of its own~.
Message 10 of 13 (267 Views)
0 Likes