Hekseville Citizen
373 posts

Re: Is the Remote play Going to work on the 22nd??

Feb 21, 2012

Extorting wrote:

Why would u want it anyway its useless for anything but movies the latency is too high imo

There is barely any latency when using it locally and not over the internet.

Message 11 of 17 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
605 posts

Feb 21, 2012

Extorting wrote:

Why would u want it anyway its useless for anything but movies the latency is too high imo

An issue that can be fixed if you force games to only work over wifi (check out the ONLIVE game service. It streams ps3 quality games with little to no lag)

I have heard that some downloadable games work with remote play (Bejewled 2 is the only one that comes to mind) but I dont have the games I heard worked so I couldnt test it

Twitch Channel
Message 12 of 17 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
595 posts

Feb 21, 2012

Guess im the only one that dislikes button lag either way id rather play on a 55 inch with my ps3 instead os a 5 inch

Message 13 of 17 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
129 posts

Feb 21, 2012

Okay but i would actually like to play somewhere other than in my room and sometimes i cant even play in my room because i have a baby to watch, or babysit, or just like being around my family and i do not have to be competitive because i dont care how much bigger my tv is or if im number one on call of duty, or have a bigger engine, i just like it when i can play something as awesome as ps3 on something small like this... without having to have the trouble of carrying around a laptop and a xbox 360 controller...

Message 14 of 17 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
136 posts

Feb 21, 2012

Hopefully they'll get it working (perfectly) sooner rather than later. I would LOVE to be able to play MW3 and Skyrim while lying in bed or sitting outside.

Message 15 of 17 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
605 posts

Feb 21, 2012

I would too but I think alot of people would like the option though. For instance people in a house with a shared TV, then you could still play your PS3 while others where watching the TV, or while on a break at work or on a road trip. Be awesome to use my 4G connection to play my PS3 games while on the road. I like the idea of having the option for something as opposed to not having it and wishing I did later

Twitch Channel
Message 16 of 17 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
129 posts

Feb 21, 2012

Yea i know skyrim would rock on the ps vita, being able to have a portable skyrim would be awesome the best part would be if they actually go the games to work over the internet, and there is a quality management system so you can dumb down the graphics of remote play to upscale the speed and to have no lag, and if that would still work for games and out over the wifi like at Mcdonalds in line or at a hospital while in a waiting room, i believe it would be well worth the sacrifice of graphic quality if the lag is that horrible but i watched full output 1080 blu rays and they played just fine over the wifi at mc donalds, to my ps vita, so why wont games??? all it is doing is its like a video camera over the internet showing you whats going on at home and there is no lag with anyone else that hacked the ps vitas in japan versions and they played red dead redemption and battlefield and i saw not one single seccond of lag on those and they were great quality... so i dont know why people say it will lag alot... if a hacker can do it im sure the actual company that designed the system for remote play specifically to play ps3 games could do it 10 times better!!!!!

Message 17 of 17 (11 Views)
0 Likes