Welcoming Committee
14202 posts

Re: Is the Ps4 really less money than the Xbox ONE, and some other alarming questions.

[ Edited ]
Jul 29, 2013

xGblizzardx wrote:

Here are a couple questions i would love to hear peoples opinions about

1. Did the Playstation 4 just remove the camera and move to make their console less money. I understand Playstation's idea to make their product 100 dollars less, but was that 100 dollars just axed from literally removing the playstation move and move camera?

2. I understand the kinect has outsold the move by 5 times only because of the "better with connect" but is playstation just giving up on the wiimote

3. The ps3's #1 selling point for me, was the fact the online service was free. The online service sucked horribly but still was free. With the Ps4 it is now going to cost the same as xbox. Does it alarm anyone that they havn't once said anything about updating the network or horrible interface?

The PS4's selling point is that it DOESN'T have those stupid gimmick concepts. Move / PS Eye.. Blah.

But no. Probably it's cheaper because those things were removed, I only hope they have actually given up on it though.

Message 21 of 32 (186 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
5153 posts

Re: Is the Ps4 really less money than the Xbox ONE, and some other alarming questions.

Jul 30, 2013

xGblizzardx wrote:

Assassins creed 2 this week, next week will be another free game on xbox 360 not one

Great. Microsoft is giving away a 4 year old game that most people have already played. 3 weeks ago they gave away part of a tower defense game.

I'm not buying an xbox one either

I honestly believe the playstation move was a complete failure and should be taken away

That's your opinion

you compared playstations rip-off kinect to kinect 2.0, just wanted to say that its not even close to being the same look at the illumiroom

what does illumiroom have to do with this?

also, I don't hate either console I just honestly believe playstation has made about 20 marketing ploys from nothing and accomplished a lot of sales by having 1 stage of better hardware and unforcing a **bleep** camera on a community that not 1 single person wants the camera ha. I guess it's like playstations 1uping xboxs removing the Nazi Germany lockdown check. Given the online gaming experience (2 generations as opposed to playstation's 1 generation of a network) and community that I feel is far superior in skill in games that I personally like with games that definitely glitch less I would say 360 was better than ps3. That's your personal experiance, I hated most of the people on Live, and met more glitchers. I honestly do hope that ps4 is better than xbox one. I know for a fact xbox got their **bleep** together and are going to make a console with insane amounts of exclusives. I doubt that, but we'll see.  If playstation can pull out the big guns and win the next generation of console wars, it would become a gamers market and be a much better community. 

Also I want to specify on what I meant with gaming experience

if you play skyrim on ps3 and xbox, the experience is a lot worse on ps3. Yes, because Bethesda sucks at coding for the PS3. Alongside games like black ops 2 zombies where you can't even have a room of people with upgraded guns or the game lags to 0 fps. I am not a fan of single player games, with bad multiplayer. I hope playstation can start making some exclusive games that would show off that .3% of better hardware I keep hearing about. The Last of Us, Uncharted, Ratchet and Clank, etc? I know I did kind of attack the ps3, and ps4 in this thread, but if I just made another fanboy section I wouldn't have gotten all you puppets to look here. Statement like this are what sets us off. The majority of us can/will have a respectful debate. Calling us fanboys and puppets means we will attack you back.

If playstation 4 can get ico and make a shadow of the colossus game the way it should be it could be the greatest game ever

That's your opinion. I never played either of those games and have no interest in them. Side note, if The Last Guardian continues with the delays, it will likely come out on PS4.

BUT if you compare games I'd say xbox is going to have over 5x the exclusives.

Are we talking good to AAA games or shovelware??

how many dumb exclusives for the 2 consoles are there really tho, they are trying its all hit and miss and ps4 will definitely hit. The company starting to care about the people will be batting well next year, lets hope playstation isn't  slacking behind. 

Playstation please pay the companies money to produce great games that the past consoles have held

Sony doesn't have to pay anyone because they already own a lot game studios.

How many great games can you name from playstations past that don't exist anymore or are not being made anymore

Now we The Last of Us, Fat Princess, Heavenly Sword, Beyond: Two Souls, Dragon's Crown, Infamous, and many more. 

Ape escape, siphon filter > call of duty, I seen spyro and crash coming back it could be perfect

I think that if we push the companies to their hardest working, we could achieve greatness as a whole for everyone no matter what you play on

I had no idea Sony wasn't working their hardest.

Consumer Services and Technical Support 1-800-345-7669
Mon - Fri, 8:00AM - 8:00PM PST

Live Chat
I don't work for Sony. Just a gamer helping others.
Message 22 of 32 (169 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
521 posts

Jul 30, 2013

xGblizzardx wrote:

Assassins creed 2 this week, next week will be another free game on xbox 360 not one

I'm not buying an xbox one either

I honestly believe the playstation move was a complete failure and should be taken away

you compared playstations rip-off kinect to kinect 2.0, just wanted to say that its not even close to being the same look at the illumiroom

also, I don't hate either console I just honestly believe playstation has made about 20 marketing ploys from nothing and accomplished a lot of sales by having 1 stage of better hardware and unforcing a **bleep** camera on a community that not 1 single person wants the camera ha. I guess it's like playstations 1uping xboxs removing the Nazi Germany lockdown check. Given the online gaming experience (2 generations as opposed to playstation's 1 generation of a network) and community that I feel is far superior in skill in games that I personally like with games that definitely glitch less I would say 360 was better than ps3. I honestly do hope that ps4 is better than xbox one. I know for a fact xbox got their **bleep** together and are going to make a console with insane amounts of exclusives. If playstation can pull out the big guns and win the next generation of console wars, it would become a gamers market and be a much better community.

Also I want to specify on what I meant with gaming experience

if you play skyrim on ps3 and xbox, the experience is a lot worse on ps3. Alongside games like black ops 2 zombies where you can't even have a room of people with upgraded guns or the game lags to 0 fps. I am not a fan of single player games, with bad multiplayer. I hope playstation can start making some exclusive games that would show off that .3% of better hardware I keep hearing about. I know I did kind of attack the ps3, and ps4 in this thread, but if I just made another fanboy section I wouldn't have gotten all you puppets to look here. 

If playstation 4 can get ico and make a shadow of the colossus game the way it should be it could be the greatest game ever

BUT if you compare games I'd say xbox is going to have over 5x the exclusives

how many dumb exclusives for the 2 consoles are there really tho, they are trying its all hit and miss and ps4 will definitely hit. The company starting to care about the people will be batting well next year, lets hope playstation isn't  slacking behind. 

Playstation please pay the companies money to produce great games that the past consoles have held

How many great games can you name from playstations past that don't exist anymore or are not being made anymore

Ape escape, siphon filter > call of duty, I seen spyro and crash coming back it could be perfect

I think that if we push the companies to their hardest working, we could achieve greatness as a whole for everyone no matter what you play on

Fun fact, nothing you have said here is anything but your own personal opinions, and as for Xbox One getting more exclusives, look at this image that compares the amount of exclusive games released for Xbox 360 and PS3 in the past 3 years. The results are quite eye-opneing.

http://i.imgur.com/zl10SZ0.jpg

Non-Kinect exclusives for 360 - 12

Kinect exclusives for 360 - 42

Non-PS Move exclusives for PS3 - 56

PS Move exclusives for PS3 - 20

Also, just some food for thought. I have only spent $180 on my PS3's 42 game library. Thanks to PS+ I got 20+ of those games for free, and 10+ of those games on discount. I have only paid full price for 3 games, and the total of those 3 games combined is $100.

Now as for Xbox, I have spent $300 for my 37 game collection, and I paid full price for all but 3 of them. Why? Because Microsoft forces me to pay $60 for XBLA while offering almost no sales of free games. So what if they are giving away 5-7 year old games that almost everybody has played until the Xbox One comes out? Sony has been giving us free games for years, and wil continue to give us games for the coming years.

As for sales, Sony generally has ~35 sales a week for non-paying members, and PS+ members get ~55 sales per week. XBLA gives free members ~15 sales a week, and XBLA Gold members get ~25 sales. Most of Xbox sales come from third party publishers that mark games off, and very few sales are actually done by Microsoft themselves. For example, Sega did a Sonic game sale and had all games avaiable on XBLA for $45 including DLC, but SOny took that same sale and marked these games down even more and made the same sale $30 with DLC.

Xbox Live is a complete scam, and they focus more on money than the core audience. They release more shovelware than corewgames, and even the amount of shovelware they make can't compare with the amount of core Sony titles.

There, I think I've made my point.

Message 23 of 32 (160 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2157 posts

Jul 30, 2013

xGblizzardx wrote:

1. Did the Playstation 4 just remove the camera and move to make their console less money. I understand Playstation's idea to make their product 100 dollars less, but was that 100 dollars just axed from literally removing the playstation move and move camera?

2. I understand the kinect has outsold the move by 5 times only because of the "better with connect" but is playstation just giving up on the wiimote

3. The ps3's #1 selling point for me, was the fact the online service was free. The online service sucked horribly but still was free. With the Ps4 it is now going to cost the same as xbox. Does it alarm anyone that they havn't once said anything about updating the network or horrible interface?

Honestly i posted in the past about this when the gaming consoles were first announced before E3 I had every intention of switching over to the xbox one.  I never owned or played xbox in the past and I am happy with Sony but thought i would give it a try to play some of the exclusives i heard so much about most namely Halo (I dont play games on the computer at least not like that).  That all changed after E3 and after watching ms talked about the features that have nothing to do with gaming and before the specs were even released that was the end of that idea for me.  I have nothing against ms but if that is the system you want i am sure you will be happy with it otherwise when you join the ps network let me know and you can add me to your friends list Smiley Happy

Atari, Nintendo, Sega Genesis, Nintendo 64, PS1, Sega Saturn, PS2, PSP, PS3, Nintendo Wii, Nintendo 3ds and PS4
Message 24 of 32 (158 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
242 posts

Jul 30, 2013

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good points peck. I'm sorry if I'm trashing on it a little, but ps spends hundreds of millions of dollars to market **bleep** talking the Xbox. While also getting sued, clearly stealing kinect camera and wiimote, and still claiming it's best while underselling 360 and Wii. I had 360 and every single game that was made for both was better on xbox. The new architecture (x86) will change that, but how is playstation going to push the same oh our system is more powerful garbage on people? Ps3 was more powerful than xbox 360. I honestly wouldn't even consider buying a ps4 for the following reasons

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ah buddy! PS3 has out sold 360 Last I checked back in Dec.2012 it had out sold 360 by 1 million or more!

Message 25 of 32 (145 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1648 posts

Jul 30, 2013

I think the ps4, plus a camera, plus an extra controller is around the same as XB1.

Ps4 is more focused on the games, ps+ is way better than xb live (although thank you live for my free copy of AC2 ^ ^)

Ps4 will be phenominal, XB1 will be just like pc or 360 and will have a million useless extra features

Got my Vita for $50. Woot.
Message 26 of 32 (141 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
569 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 30, 2013

Phase 1: purchase ps4 system for $399 + tax

Phase 2: tell people to get you a PSN card and a PS camera for xmas or birthday(or possibly Festivus, if you celebrate)

Phase 3: ???

Phase 4: profit

sig by Grindhead_Jim
Message 27 of 32 (127 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6869 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 30, 2013

xGblizzardx wrote:

1.the  camera is  50- 60 $ the most so it still would have been  cheaper  with it.. Not a big  difference.

2.nom  the controller has  ps move function it. as well many other so you dont need move controller but if you  have one it will  work. The ps4 controller is  pretty deep stuff.

Happy going in your future.

Mcbuttz78

vp-psn legioniaree group.

Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past, Wisdom is of the future

Message 28 of 32 (125 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
5975 posts

Jul 30, 2013

teeborg wrote:

Phase 1: purchase ps4 system for $399 + tax

Phase 2: tell people to get you a PSN card and a PS camera for xmas or birthday(or possibly Festivus, if you celebrate)

Phase 3: ???

Phase 4: profit

South park reference with the gnomes episode....

Message 29 of 32 (117 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
242 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 30, 2013

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I think the ps4, plus a camera, plus an extra controller is around the same as XB1.

Ps4 is more focused on the games, ps+ is way better than xb live (although thank you live for my free copy of AC2 ^ ^)

Ps4 will be phenominal, XB1 will be just like pc or 360 and will have a million useless extra features

Xbox don you don't get a extra controller so if u add that it would still boost the price by at least 59.99 not including tax. So they're still not in the same price range.ps4,extra controller and cam.518.98 not including tax, xbox don with extra controller is 558.99 not including tax. So I guess it depends on the person perspective of price range 10-20 maybe in same price range 30 is pushing it, 40 and on up is not.

Message 30 of 32 (83 Views)
0 Likes