Jul 29 2013
By: xGblizzardx First Son 3 posts

Is the Ps4 really less money than the Xbox ONE, and some other alarming questions.

31 replies 438 views Edited Jul 29, 2013

Here are a couple questions i would love to hear peoples opinions about

1. Did the Playstation 4 just remove the camera and move to make their console less money. I understand Playstation's idea to make their product 100 dollars less, but was that 100 dollars just axed from literally removing the playstation move and move camera?

2. I understand the kinect has outsold the move by 5 times only because of the "better with connect" but is playstation just giving up on the wiimote

3. The ps3's #1 selling point for me, was the fact the online service was free. The online service sucked horribly but still was free. With the Ps4 it is now going to cost the same as xbox. Does it alarm anyone that they havn't once said anything about updating the network or horrible interface?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 32 (438 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10925 posts

Re: Is the Ps4 really less money than the Xbox ONE, and some other alarming questions.

Jul 29, 2013

I don't want Playstation Move and I don't want the camera. So for me, yes, it's less money. For a more powerful console.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 32 (423 Views)
Lombax Warrior
223 posts

Re: Is the Ps4 really less money than the Xbox ONE, and some other alarming questions.

Jul 29, 2013
I Do Not Belive It's The Same Price, PS=5, XBOX=10 Bucks
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 32 (421 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
5446 posts

Jul 29, 2013

We have two threads set up that can help with some of your concerns right away:

PS4: Everything we know about it so far...

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-General/Playstation-4-Everything-about-it-so-far/...

PS4 Worries?

https://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-General/Do-you-have-worries-about-the-PS4-Please...

As for anything those threads do not answer, post the questions in the Worries thread - a lot of people are engaged in that thread, and you wil probably see some solid discussion there.

Grindhead_Jim

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 32 (420 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
363 posts

Jul 29, 2013

Ps4 Console = $399.99

PS4 Eye = $59.99 ( optional)

PS+ = $49.99/yr

X1 = 499.99

Xbox Live = 59.99/yr

Unless you cannot do math I assume you can see which one holds the most value for the better price.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 32 (407 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1195 posts

Jul 29, 2013

xGblizzardx wrote:

1. Did the Playstation 4 just remove the camera and move to make their console less money. I understand Playstation's idea to make their product 100 dollars less, but was that 100 dollars just axed from literally removing the playstation move and move camera?

2. I understand the kinect has outsold the move by 5 times only because of the "better with connect" but is playstation just giving up on the wiimote

3. The ps3's #1 selling point for me, was the fact the online service was free. The online service sucked horribly but still was free. With the Ps4 it is now going to cost the same as xbox. Does it alarm anyone that they havn't once said anything about updating the network or horrible interface?

My opinion would be Sony removed the camera because the market would rather have a lower price then be forced to pay the extra money and buy it.  Good decision with all the resistance Sony recieved with the price of the ps3 at launch (I paid as much for my 20 gb ps3 as I will pay for this sytem).  It very well could have been axed by removing those features but again I would say the majority of gamers dont care about the move and if they do they can choose to buy one at launch or later on, so options are always nice to have with any product.

The Playstation move did have its share of struggles but they are not giving up on it as you well know and have said in your first point, that you can still purchase the move just seperately, so there is no need to even type that question out.  Im sure a lot of gamers wouldnt be too concerned if they did give up on the technology until we see improvement but they will not be trashing it any time soon.

If your main reason to buy the system was for online service that "sucked horribly" im not sure why you would want that kind of service when you could get much better service for 10 dollars less then your service on cable box one.  The more I read over your points the more it seems you are not considering Sony as an option and you are trying to trash the system.  You cant even do this without making it still look better then the xbox.  Again I wouldnt say the online service on my ps3 is horrible but I would say it could use improvement, the kind most of us are expecting to get with the 49.99 per year fee we will be paying for ps+ to play online.

Atari, Nintendo, Sega Genesis, Nintendo 64, PS1, Sega Saturn, PS2, PSP, PS3, Nintendo Wii, Nintendo 3ds and PS4
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 32 (387 Views)
First Son
3 posts

Jul 29, 2013

Good points peck. I'm sorry if I'm trashing on it a little, but ps spends hundreds of millions of dollars to market **bleep** talking the Xbox. While also getting sued, clearly stealing kinect camera and wiimote, and still claiming it's best while underselling 360 and Wii. I had 360 and every single game that was made for both was better on xbox. The new architecture (x86) will change that, but how is playstation going to push the same oh our system is more powerful garbage on people? Ps3 was more powerful than xbox 360. I honestly wouldn't even consider buying a ps4 for the following reasons

1. Information was stolen from every ps3 account on the network, and forced a 30+ day downtime, where they didn't even improve security to the point it can't happen again.

2. Every time I see a playstation ad, it's **bleep** talking xbox. Every time I see a xbox ad, it's pushing a new product or talking about what they are working on. This makes playstation look trashy to me.

3. Xbox live was much better than psn, that is a given. Where did they ever say the same price per year is going to amount to the same network quality?

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 32 (373 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10925 posts

Jul 29, 2013

xGblizzardx wrote:

Good points peck. I'm sorry if I'm trashing on it a little, but ps spends hundreds of millions of dollars to market **bleep** talking the Xbox. While also getting sued, clearly stealing kinect camera and wiimote, and still claiming it's best while underselling 360 and Wii. 

1. The Eyetoy came out before the Kinect.

2. The ps3 has outsold the 360. Even with the 360 having a year head start.

Worldwide Units Sold

PS3: 78.35 M
360: 77.96 M

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 32 (362 Views)
PlayStation MVP
5446 posts

Jul 29, 2013

xGblizzardx wrote:

I honestly wouldn't even consider buying a ps4

I'm not attempting to derail your questions, but, given that single fact, why bother to take time out of your day to start this thread?  If you don't want a PS4, that's totally fine.  If you think that Sony has a trash talking policy, are you somehow enacting your revenge out by posting this?

I just don't understand.  I'm not considering buying an Xbox One for a myriad of reasons, but I will not waste my time on the Xbox.com forums telling Xbox loyalists about it.

I'm happy to discuss what you've asked here, but am honestly confused here.

Grindhead_Jim

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 32 (318 Views)
Lombax Warrior
105 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 29, 2013

xGblizzardx wrote:

According to CNEt, in the 11th hour Sony dropped camera from launch bundle to lower price from $499 to $399. http://news.cnet.com/8301-10797_3-57591231-235/sony-reportedly-nixed-ps4-eye-bundle-at-11th-hour-to-...

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 32 (316 Views)
0 Likes