I Only Post Everything
1050 posts

Re: Is the PS4 about to crush the Xbox One?

Aug 2, 2013

That was the article title on tech radar.

Is the PS4 about to crush the Xbox One?

Courage is saddling up, even though your scared to death.

Atari 2600, ColecoVision, NES, Genesis, Saturn, Sega CD, PS1, PS2, PS3 (2), DS, PSP, 360, PS4, VITA
Message 21 of 56 (221 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16939 posts

Aug 3, 2013

why does this have to be about competition on whos winning or losing?

Furiously Chaosing
Message 22 of 56 (212 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14228 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 3, 2013

gR3yGh051 wrote:

Because of mandatory Kinect.

I'd wish Microsoft all the best and buy both if it wasn't for that horrible device.

Microsoft do not deserve to be in the console market, much like Nintendo didn't when they launched the Wii.

Actually they wont be there for much longer. Wii U is dying, I hope it's not due to poor advertising. it's likely it is, but I really hope it's motion control gaming that people don't want which means MS are in deep trouble.

Also gaming lives on without jumping around when gaming is supposed to be relaxing and fun, it's not supposed to be a workout..

I hate motion controllers and I wish they'd all go away. I hate Move too.. That thing needs to leave along with the Wiimote and Kinect.

Message 23 of 56 (210 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3825 posts

Aug 3, 2013

Xbox One is the way of the future.

Voice Control

Hand Movement

TV integration.

PS4 has none of that and is stuck in the dark ages. Get a Xbox One and move forward.

KZMProductionsGT
Message 24 of 56 (206 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14228 posts

Aug 3, 2013

KZMProductionsGT wrote:

Xbox One is the way of the future.

Voice Control

Hand Movement

TV integration.

PS4 has none of that and is stuck in the dark ages. Get a Xbox One and move forward.

Those are the exact reasons I wont ever get one.

I have a TV. I have cable.

I don't want to talk to my console.

and

I don't want to navigate without a controller.

Message 25 of 56 (199 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16939 posts

Aug 3, 2013

go home troll. do something productive.

Furiously Chaosing
Message 26 of 56 (192 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16939 posts

Aug 3, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

gR3yGh051 wrote:

I'd wish Microsoft all the best and buy both if it wasn't for that horrible device.

Microsoft do not deserve to be in the console market, much like Nintendo didn't when they launched the Wii.

Wii didn't deserve it? They sold more consoles than PS3 and 360 and are STILL the best selling console by sheer volume.

Actually they wont be there for much longer. Wii U is dying, I hope it's not due to poor advertising. it's likely it is, but I really hope it's motion control gaming that people don't want which means MS are in deep trouble.
The U is dying because its a Wii with 1GB of RAM and HD graphics with a $200 controller. Hardly any good or notable games are worth it. I feel like I wasted my money on one because of Zombie U, which was actually good IMO. Until the new Zelda game and a better Metroid game... the Wii/Wii U is going to stifle itself from rehashing the same games over and over. Mario Sunshine, New Super Marios Bros, and Mario Galaxy are the only good Mario games IMO.  While the Wii does have its share of good games.... it gets buried because of lack of visibility. The motion controls and the gamepad controller work very well... just not used enough.

Also gaming lives on without jumping around when gaming is supposed to be relaxing and fun, it's not supposed to be a workout..

I hate motion controllers and I wish they'd all go away. I hate Move too.. That thing needs to leave along with the Wiimote and Kinect.
Its not that I don't hate them.... but its the fact that they ONLY use they have in games, are those stupid dancing games. There is almost ZERO ingenuity when it comes to those games and the use of motion control. Rhythym games are NOT going to be successful for very long..... Look what happened to Guitar Hero..... now they're doing it with Dance Central.... 
The PS3's Eye was a step in a good direction.... you can buy the Sharpshooter peripheral, and you can play any FPS game with pretty good accuracy.
The PS4's camera, and with the trailer of Playroom, shows the better capabilities with it.
The Kinect..... nothing to write home about.... its slow to respond (compared to the PS3's and Wii/Wii U 1:1 tracking),
The new Kinect.... it has A LOT to make up for.

Microsoft is doing something good by including one with every console.... but its hardly going to be used simply due to the stigma of the games associated with it.

Personally, I would buy the Move, but I like sitting on my couch. 

Motion control is not my thing.... it could change someday though.

Furiously Chaosing
Message 27 of 56 (187 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Aug 4, 2013

I'm getting both consoles on launch, I already have the PS4 fully paid off up at my local Gamestop as well as Killzone Shadowfall. My Xbox One is preordered on Amazon and is in the process of getting paid off. I like both consoles and the pass through function for the Xbox One is my fave new console feature since my cable box will only be a flick away and I wont have to change the HDMI everytime I want to just look at something real quick on TV. Also I get 1 HDMI but 2 devices now, which is nice since I don't wat to have to use a switch.

Personally to me Ryse and Deadrising 3 look to be much better launch exclusives, but PS4 already has me sold with Deep Down and Infamous Second Son. 2014 is going to be an amazing year for gaming and I can not wait to get my hands on all these amazing titles regardless of platform. I'll be getting Watch Dogs on my killer PC rig, playing that game on any console will not do it proper justice it looks BEAUTIFUL on the PC.

Message 28 of 56 (146 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2157 posts

Aug 4, 2013

gR3yGh051 wrote:

I agree both systems will do really well and im sure people will be happy with whichever they choose (just a little more happy if they choose the ps4).

Atari, Nintendo, Sega Genesis, Nintendo 64, PS1, Sega Saturn, PS2, PSP, PS3, Nintendo Wii, Nintendo 3ds and PS4
Message 29 of 56 (141 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1042 posts

Aug 4, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

gR3yGh051 wrote:

Actually, motion control is not the problem, otherwise the Wii wouldn't have been the winner of the last console war. 

The WiiU problems comes from the lack of power and the lack of a sturdy mp service. The reason I don't think Kinect is worth a dime it's because it tries to implement motion control on base hardcore games, and sometimes that makes it feel lacking. 

Message 30 of 56 (130 Views)
0 Likes