Treasure Hunter
7331 posts

Re: Is the PS4 about to crush the Xbox One?

[ Edited ]
Aug 2, 2013

Honestly there isn't a HUGE difference in the hardware. Does the PS4 have better capability? yes but it isn't like we are comparing an i7 to a Pentium 2. There is a difference but it is not catostrophic for MS.

What is boils down to is the exclusives. I like the exclusives Sony offers but that is my opinion and why I chose to stick with Sony. There is no real blow it out of the water reason to choose either side right now. So if people choose to stick with MS they are really not losing out.

I think this is why you are seeing the little mind games like the OS footprint people went ape **bleep** about. They try and make it sound so significant that "OMG we can't buy a PS4 because of this" that the mindless drones will jump ship and go to another system. If you are willing to do a little research you will find that either way you are ok. 

PSXBGamer- wrote:
"2000-2016 still in the year 2000 i didnt know we was in the year 3000"

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-General/Does-it-bother-you-that-Sony-brags-about-how-well-they-re-doing/td-p/45935146/page/12

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRTN97XEASQ
Message 11 of 56 (236 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1050 posts

Aug 2, 2013

Agreed Shane,

There really isn't that much of a difference. On paper, Yes the PS4 is more capable based on what we know.

But on paper the New England Patriots were better than the NY giants, we know what happened there.

Let's also not forget What the SRAM in the box is able to do or not do. Still in ?

"The cloud" I can see how this could help as well as hinder, depending on the game design, needs, AI models

lag and latency issues, broadband, DSL, servers up and down.

Exclusives, PS4 for me as I said. Shadow Fall pre ordered. Really have high hopes for 1886, Deep Down and Destiny.

Research = Knowledge = Wisdom

Courage is saddling up, even though your scared to death.

Atari 2600, ColecoVision, NES, Genesis, Saturn, Sega CD, PS1, PS2, PS3 (2), DS, PSP, 360, PS4, VITA
Message 12 of 56 (230 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5477 posts

Aug 2, 2013

SHANE523 wrote:
What is boils down to is the exclusives.

Maybe where you shop. Smiley Wink  For me, it boild down to ethos. Microsoft could annouce a Bungie-helmed Ninja Gaiden/Halo crossover exclusive, and that wouldn't sway me for a second... okay, maybe A second, but, you get my drift.  Great games are great games, but exclusives aren't what are important for me, and every consumer has to make their own decision about what is important.

Grindhead_Jim

Message 13 of 56 (229 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7331 posts

Aug 2, 2013

Grindhead_Jim wrote:

SHANE523 wrote:
What is boils down to is the exclusives.

Maybe where you shop. Smiley Wink  For me, it boild down to ethos. Microsoft could annouce a Bungie-helmed Ninja Gaiden/Halo crossover exclusive, and that wouldn't sway me for a second... okay, maybe A second, but, you get my drift.  Great games are great games, but exclusives aren't what are important for me, and every consumer has to make their own decision about what is important.

LOL Yeah I agree. I have to deal with MS on a different level every day,  I am in IT. BUT any corporation has it's flaws and policies that we don't agree with. MS definitely has some flawed logic (IMHO) and I have never purchased an XBox because of it. But that is my perception of their logic. Someone else might agree with it and that is fine. I get to see the pirating side view as well as the developer side so I understand both arguments. Again, I might not agree with it but they feel their reasons are just and that is fine.

PSXBGamer- wrote:

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-General/Does-it-bother-you-that-Sony-brags-about-how-well-they-re-doing/td-p/45935146/page/12

Message 14 of 56 (218 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5477 posts

Aug 2, 2013

SHANE523 wrote:

I have to deal with MS on a different level every day,  I am in IT. BUT any corporation has it's flaws and policies that we don't agree with. MS definitely has some flawed logic (IMHO) and I have never purchased an XBox because of it. But that is my perception of their logic. Someone else might agree with it and that is fine. I get to see the pirating side view as well as the developer side so I understand both arguments. Again, I might not agree with it but they feel their reasons are just and that is fine.

I'm IT/tech Support, as well.  I know exactly what you mean.

Yeah, and they are welcome to keep that stuff over... there.  All I know is, since switching back to Sony, I have had more fun than I have in ages.  That says it all.

Grindhead_Jim

Message 15 of 56 (210 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3370 posts

Aug 2, 2013

The main factor in deciding which console to go with is price. Sony has always been the better deal and they are doing it again with the PS4. A $140 cheaper is a must buy. I went down to gamestop and pre-ordered it yesterday. Thank you Sony

Message 16 of 56 (186 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5477 posts

Aug 2, 2013

MYSTAIN wrote:

The main factor in deciding which console to go with is price. Sony has always been the better deal and they are doing it again with the PS4. A $140 cheaper is a must buy. I went down to gamestop and pre-ordered it yesterday. Thank you Sony

For many people, yes, but, I have to say, if they were the same price, I would still get a PS4.  If the PS4 were more expensive, I would wait until I could afford it, and I am sure that I am not the only one.

In this case, the price point just adds people that would be on the fence.

Grindhead_Jim

Message 17 of 56 (180 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7331 posts

Aug 2, 2013

MYSTAIN wrote:

Where is it $140 cheaper? $399 for the PS4, without the Eye and $499 for the XBone with the Kinect. They Eye is $60 so if you really want to compare apples to apples the equivalent sale would only make the PS4 $40 cheaper.

PSXBGamer- wrote:

Message 18 of 56 (171 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8181 posts

Aug 2, 2013
Do any of these posters have stock in either company???

does it matter who sells more?

They will both sell enough to stay in business.

You choose the one you want, you buy it. If you're not happy then you have other options.

If we didn't live in such a spy vs spy world I would also get the Xblows.
Hey That Chris signature
Message 19 of 56 (163 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1648 posts

Aug 2, 2013

what do you mean "About to crush" -_-

Got my Vita for $50. Woot.
Message 20 of 56 (158 Views)
0 Likes