Aug 01 2013
By: heGOTmeAGAIN I Only Post Everything 1050 posts

Is the PS4 about to crush the Xbox One?

55 replies 2033 views Edited Aug 1, 2013

This article is from Tech radar I have visited there website in the past they have always been fair IMO

to all electronics corps. I have never seen a biased review on any product, that's why this caught my eye.

I know, I know it's all about preferences. What do you want and need from a console.

There are many factors involved in making your decision, price may or may not be a factor.

I want to here from gamers that are considering the XB1 or have pre ordered it as to why they have done so.

Why is it better? What can it do that the PS4 can't.

This next gen I will be starting with the PS4 and eventually get the XB1 after the camera is removed to lower the price.

http://www.techradar.com/us/news/gaming/consoles/is-the-ps4-about-to-crush-the-xbox-one--1170051

Courage is saddling up, even though your scared to death.

Atari 2600, ColecoVision, NES, Genesis, Saturn, Sega CD, PS1, PS2, PS3 (2), DS, PSP, 360, PS4, VITA
Message 1 of 56 (2,033 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
152 posts

Re: Is the PS4 about to crush the Xbox One?

Aug 1, 2013

heGOTmeAGAIN wrote:

This article is from Tech radar I have visited there website in the past they have always been fair IMO

to all electronics corps. I have never seen a biased review on any product, that's why this caught my eye.

I know, I know it's all about preferences. What do you want and need from a console.

There are many factors involved in making your decision, price may or may not be a factor.

I want to here from gamers that are considering the XB1 or have pre ordered it as to why they have done so.

Why is it better? What can it do that the PS4 can't.

This next gen I will be starting with the PS4 and eventually get the XB1 after the camera is removed to lower the price.

http://www.techradar.com/us/news/gaming/consoles/is-the-ps4-about-to-crush-the-xbox-one--1170051

If you look at the current generation the sales for the Xbox 360 and PS3 are very close.  Sony stumbled with the PS3 release.  Microsoft is obviously struggling with this one.  I am also biased, because I would like to see the Xbox One fail miserably, because of the restrictive policies and the manditory Kinect.

Based on that information, I predict some smart consumers will switch, but I don't think it will be a land slide some people are predicting maybe a million or two more for Sony over the life of the console.

Message 2 of 56 (1,952 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
105 posts

Aug 1, 2013
Message 3 of 56 (1,943 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
521 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 1, 2013

If you pre-ordered a XB1 its because you like/prefer the exclusive games that they have announced for the system, and thats the only positive I can think of in all honesty. The PS4 has a FAR superior subscription service, is headed by a more consumer friendly and more caring company and is a better dseal in terms of $$$

Message 4 of 56 (1,926 Views)
Lombax Warrior
105 posts

Aug 1, 2013
I predict that same will happen as last gen just reversed with micro$oft having a hard time keep up even after coping every bit of sony. but in the end of nxt gen they will have sold there fair share but wont dominate in the end either. In the end they wasted time on features no gamer wanted. The beted on a drm policy and a tv app. they will have to try hard to sell a system that cost more, has an always kinect and that isnt up to ps4 specs. They are still beting on cloud too which wont work as they boast about. In the end the only thing micro$oct learned last gen was nothing but got a big head and think that they where superior to justify what xbox 180 is today
Message 5 of 56 (1,912 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3206 posts

Aug 1, 2013
That was a good article to read, thank you for that. I say people are miss informed about other products besides the one they own. Im a gamer and i will play anything but i just can't STAND when people try to tell me why their purchase is better then mine. Then that's when I go on the defensive and educate people on the real differences between the so called console wars.
PSN: Deaofly
60 GIG Ps3 Owner Since January 21, 2007
500GB Ps4 Owner Since November 22, 2014
1000 Model PSP Owner, PSP Go Owner and PS Vita Owner
PS1 and PS2, Both Original Systems.
https://www.facebook.com/deaofly?ref=aymt_homepage_panel
Message 6 of 56 (1,902 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1050 posts

Aug 2, 2013

Thanks

I would consider myself a creature of logic. This is why I am choosing the PS4 as my 1st purchase.

The Games

I took into account the games 1st and foremost. I have always liked the PS approach.

They have always seemed to blend many genres beautifully. God of War, LBP, Uncharted, Last of Us etc....

Sony in my mind has opened the door to so many more opportunities for the gamer out there.

As for MS I have mainly in all honesty used them for Treyarch and Infinity Ward titles. You would be hard pressed

to pick a title from MS that is of the stature of some of the PS titles I already mentioned.

The Company Direction and their Philosophy

Do I really need  to say more. Well kind of, to this day I truly don't know who MS got feedback from when considering

what they want in the next XB. I think MS made a business move trying to get a head start on other Multi media companies

trying to reinvent the Living room environment. In the process gamers in a sense got alienated. MS forgot

who made the XB what it was. From day one It was the XB1 TV, Tv, tv Oh and we also have some Exclusives.

We are going to tell you how and when you can game.

Community

Not enough to make the XB1 my first purchase, Besides PS+ makes a joke out of XBL

Power specs and Pricing = PS4 enough said

Summary

What I have mentioned here was everything that I would get flamed for on the XB1 forums. I don't go there anymore

it's a waste of time and Sony is not paying me. Remember I am a fanboy of Sony, right?

Am I a fanboy?  YES, of logic and games.

Atari 2600, ColecoVision, NES, Genesis, Saturn, Sega CD, PS1, PS2, PS3 (2), DS, PSP, 360, PS4, VITA
Message 7 of 56 (1,857 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5476 posts

Aug 2, 2013

heGOTmeAGAIN wrote:
Am I a fanboy?  YES, of logic and games.

Hands DOWN, the quote of this upcoming gaming generation. I'm calling it right now.

Grindhead_Jim

Message 8 of 56 (1,841 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1050 posts

Aug 2, 2013

Hey Grind,

I really think the term fanboy is thrown around to much. On some occasions it is necessary but it's taken

on a whole new definition. It used to mean even if your wrong and know it you still think your right.

Now it's just the purchase of a product and your labled.

I just want to play great games.

Message 9 of 56 (1,833 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5476 posts

Aug 2, 2013

heGOTmeAGAIN wrote:

Hey Grind,

I really think the term fanboy is thrown around to much. On some occasions it is necessary but it's taken

on a whole new definition. It used to mean even if your wrong and know it you still think your right.

Now it's just the purchase of a product and your labled.

I just want to play great games.

Exactly:

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Off-Topic-Discussions/Usage-of-the-terms-quot-Fanboy-quot-amp...

Grindhead_Jim

Message 10 of 56 (1,827 Views)
0 Likes