Uncharted Territory
1648 posts

Re: Is the PS4 about to crush the Xbox One?

Aug 7, 2013

It's getting exciting eeeeeeeeeeee only a couple months or so away ^^ can't wait, my ps4 is almost paid off oh yeah I'm excited

Got my Vita for $50. Woot.
Message 41 of 56 (368 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
23 posts

Aug 7, 2013

People are still holding out hope that the xboxone spy camera will be optional. Once they come out and say its mandatory its all over for them.

Message 42 of 56 (358 Views)
Splicer
50 posts

Aug 7, 2013

Fadeintoinfinity wrote:

People are still holding out hope that the xboxone spy camera will be optional. Once they come out and say its mandatory its all over for them.

The numers are going to be similar in terms of sales as both require you to pay for online, the price point is about the same, and people will likely stick to what they have now if gamerscore or trophies matter to them.  But lets be honest here if you think microsoft cares about you to spy on you then you are delusional.  The goverment can spy on you quite easily and do you avoid buying owning a cellphone with a camera? Do you also avoid most computers when going computer shopping as most laptops/desktops have built in web cams.

Message 43 of 56 (346 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
11 posts

Aug 7, 2013

They confirmed it is mandatory and they have lost. Its all over for them.

Message 44 of 56 (344 Views)
Splicer
82 posts

Aug 7, 2013
Major Nelson (community manager for M$), also stated that DRM couldn't be turned off. That it was an integral part and future of the system. And a couple weeks later........the infamous 180! Wouldn't surprise me if they reversed anything else. Still the inferior system, gaming wise. Bells and whistles at just that. I want to play games on my gaming console.
Message 45 of 56 (326 Views)
Big Daddy
16918 posts

Aug 7, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

Arkthur_us wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

gR3yGh051 wrote:

why does this have to be about competition on whos winning or losing?

Because of mandatory Kinect.

I'd wish Microsoft all the best and buy both if it wasn't for that horrible device.

Microsoft do not deserve to be in the console market, much like Nintendo didn't when they launched the Wii.

Actually they wont be there for much longer. Wii U is dying, I hope it's not due to poor advertising. it's likely it is, but I really hope it's motion control gaming that people don't want which means MS are in deep trouble.

Also gaming lives on without jumping around when gaming is supposed to be relaxing and fun, it's not supposed to be a workout..

I hate motion controllers and I wish they'd all go away. I hate Move too.. That thing needs to leave along with the Wiimote and Kinect.

Actually, motion control is not the problem, otherwise the Wii wouldn't have been the winner of the last console war. 

The WiiU problems comes from the lack of power and the lack of a sturdy mp service. The reason I don't think Kinect is worth a dime it's because it tries to implement motion control on base hardcore games, and sometimes that makes it feel lacking. 

We do also have to consider how many gamers own a Wii?

I don't count WiiFit or WiiSports as games, they are fitness tools.

The actual gamers bought stuff like Mario Kart, Zelda, and so on. The ones that bought the gimmicky titles certainly weren't core gamers.

Eh.. Maybe theres a market for pleasing the non core base of gamers too though. I'm just really concerned about being replaced by them.

As is such, as why many people wonder why the Olsen twins, Hanna Montana, Hilarry Duff, and many other things people wonder how these people can bring in BILLIONS of dollars in revenue... because of women and children.
Regardless if they're not a core demographic or not.... women and children will always make up the majority of such large sales number.... particularly the Wii.... it was priced VERY WELL at just $250... and had some cute games that people could physically participate in with its motion control.

Games that have a following, will surely have its fair share of success in sales numbers, but in the collective hive-mind of the target audience for something like the Wii, it was casual and noncasual's that made up the bulk of its sales.

Furiously Chaosing
Message 46 of 56 (316 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
101 posts

Aug 7, 2013

The only reason the first Wii sold so well is because it was new and innovative.

Message 47 of 56 (311 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1050 posts

Aug 7, 2013

Agreed, I think MS saw Nintendo numbers and said hey we want a piece of the pie.

I understand them trying to push for motion controlled gaming. What I don't understand is making it always connected.

Courage is saddling up, even though your scared to death.

Atari 2600, ColecoVision, NES, Genesis, Saturn, Sega CD, PS1, PS2, PS3 (2), DS, PSP, 360, PS4, VITA
Message 48 of 56 (308 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
74 posts

Aug 7, 2013

xbox watching you.jpg

Message 49 of 56 (286 Views)
Splicer
74 posts

Aug 7, 2013

xbox one lol.jpg

Message 50 of 56 (285 Views)