Reply
Apr 02 2013
By: Albert1285 Monster Hunter 42 posts
Offline

Is the PS3 Super Slim more reliable? Please give me technical info if you can

7 replies 663 views Edited Apr 2, 2013

My PS3 FAT YLOD because probably the Power Supply failed, and well I sent it to be repaired,but I want to get another PS3 (a slim or SS) because I noticed that when I play games released in 2011, 2012 and 2013 the PS3 sounds louder than when I play older games released years before that. Besides I've seen that my brother's PS3 slim fan never goes that loud as my PS3 fat not even with newer games.

 

I no longer know if I should get one, and I also don't think I've seen Normal Slims in stores anymore.

I keep reading that the disc top loader makes so much noise, and I read this thing yesterday too:

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-General/Any-problems-with-PS3-Super-Slim/td-p/389...

So that makes me think if I should really buy it or not. I'm not very into technical stuff, so I would like to know how reliable they are, if the new internal design could lead to fail or give you YLOD sooner and things like that.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 8 (663 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 12/24/2007
Online
14994 posts
 

Re: Is the PS3 Super Slim more reliable? Please give me technical info if you can

Apr 2, 2013

Albert1285 wrote:

My PS3 FAT YLOD because probably the Power Supply failed, and well I sent it to be repaired,but I want to get another PS3 (a slim or SS) because I noticed that when I play games released in 2011, 2012 and 2013 the PS3 sounds louder than when I play older games released years before that. Besides I've seen that my brother's PS3 slim fan never goes that loud as my PS3 fat not even with newer games.

 

I no longer know if I should get one, and I also don't think I've seen Normal Slims in stores anymore.

I keep reading that the disc top loader makes so much noise, and I read this thing yesterday too:

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-General/Any-problems-with-PS3-Super-Slim/td-p/389...

So that makes me think if I should really buy it or not. I'm not very into technical stuff, so I would like to know how reliable they are, if the new internal design could lead to fail or give you YLOD sooner and things like that.


That choice is up to you decide.

 

But the Super Slim is not as noisy as people claim it to be.... unless you're standing within 1 foot of the Super Slim, you're not going to notice any difference.

 

you can still buy Slim, but they're going to be harder to find because the Super Slim replaced it....

Cognitive Dissonance - The ability to understand multiple viewpoints even if they conflict with one another - and still use critical thinking, logical thought, and common sense to come to the realization that only ONE is the correct one and the others are wrong.

Furiously Chaosing
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 8 (654 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 09/24/2012
Offline
166 posts
 

Re: Is the PS3 Super Slim more reliable? Please give me technical info if you can

Apr 3, 2013

The Super Slim is a fine addition to the library of glorious PlayStation consoles and is not at all loud in the community. Possibly moreso than the previous Slim, but it is not much different (as Grey mentioned).

 

Just ask yourself "What would Sony do?" and make this decision for yourself. Your gamer heart will know what to do in the community.

 

PS: You should buy it

-Great Prophet of Sony
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 8 (632 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 11/10/2006
Offline
2785 posts
 

Re: Is the PS3 Super Slim more reliable? Please give me technical info if you can

[ Edited ]
Apr 3, 2013

I love the size of the super slim, but I really have a hard time over looking that disc slide cover. Is there anyone here that has any kind of problem with the super slim at all? Do the lens get dusty at all?

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 8 (614 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Splicer
Registered: 03/17/2013
Offline
73 posts
 

Re: Is the PS3 Super Slim more reliable? Please give me technical info if you can

Apr 3, 2013
I have a SS. White 500gb, came with ps+ 1 year. Best purchase I've ever made.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 8 (603 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 09/24/2012
Offline
166 posts
 

Re: Is the PS3 Super Slim more reliable? Please give me technical info if you can

Apr 3, 2013

princepaulo23 wrote:
I have a SS. White 500gb, came with ps+ 1 year. Best purchase I've ever made.

Hark, thy gamers SIIINNNGGG, in the community! The gods at Sony have proven themselves once more. Also, I agree with you

-Great Prophet of Sony
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 8 (599 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 12/24/2007
Online
14994 posts
 

Re: Is the PS3 Super Slim more reliable? Please give me technical info if you can

Apr 3, 2013

Icestar10 wrote:

I love the size of the super slim, but I really have a hard time over looking that disc slide cover. Is there anyone here that has any kind of problem with the super slim at all? Do the lens get dusty at all?


If you keep your room clean.... it will never get any dustier than you can allow it.

 

 

Cognitive Dissonance - The ability to understand multiple viewpoints even if they conflict with one another - and still use critical thinking, logical thought, and common sense to come to the realization that only ONE is the correct one and the others are wrong.

Furiously Chaosing
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 8 (597 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 11/10/2006
Offline
2785 posts
 

Re: Is the PS3 Super Slim more reliable? Please give me technical info if you can

Apr 3, 2013

gR3yGh051 wrote:

Icestar10 wrote:

I love the size of the super slim, but I really have a hard time over looking that disc slide cover. Is there anyone here that has any kind of problem with the super slim at all? Do the lens get dusty at all?


If you keep your room clean.... it will never get any dustier than you can allow it.

 

 


I see, thanks for the reply! :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 8 (594 Views)
Reply
0 Likes