Highlighted
Aug 18 2012
By: zzhou First Son 2 posts

Is my PS3 dead?

3 replies 104 views Edited Aug 18, 2012
I can't understand if my PS3 is done for or I'm just imagining things. I believe it became horribly slow - but I don't have any hard evidence, like benchmark numbers. It took my console 50 mins to do full install of the MGS4 with the latest patch. Game is unplayable - every couple mins it shows me a question mark and a disk icon in the top-left screen corner. I think it may be bad disk, but there was no read errors during the install and no those easily recognizable read retry sounds... Starhowk takes 5 mins to get from the PS game selection ribbon to the main in-game menu (the one where you select single or multi player) PS1 game (Abe's something - was free for PS Plus subscribers) freezes every couple minutes. Several games froze the system completely. On the other hand, Space Marine from PS Plus loads and runs smoothly. Is there anybody else seeing these symptoms? Is this normal PS3 behaviour?
Message 1 of 4 (104 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1231 posts

Re: Is my PS3 dead?

Aug 18, 2012
To me its not normal. Might be a bad disk or could be the ps3. I would not know the truth of your ps3.

What is a man? (Just look above)... "The ultimate measures of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy".
Message 2 of 4 (96 Views)
First Son
4 posts

Aug 19, 2012

try giving the ps3 a good dusting session         its probably slow cause its oveheating         Good luck Smiley Happy 

Message 3 of 4 (72 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Aug 25, 2012
I guess I figured it out - seems like software problem. This slowdown/freezes happen when I have a stuck PSN download. Some PSN downloads never complete for me - e.g. I start Dragon Dogma and Counter Strike demo download, CS would d/l and install fine, DD will be stuck at 38%. I cancel DD and then in a few days start DD and Dust demo d/l - Dust downloads fine while DD downloads only till 38% complete. My console becomes slow until I cancel stuck DD download. Have anybody else seen is problem? I plan to contact Sony tech support.
Message 4 of 4 (43 Views)
0 Likes