Oct 04 2013
By: kythunder Fender Bender 3436 posts

Is kick player option in GTA V a good option?

[ Edited ]
67 replies 7830 views Edited Sep 9, 2014

The ability to kick players is completely stupid and does not belong in a open world game and especially one that R* tries to call a MMO,this option ruins many games and will hurt this one for sure,you can be with your crew getting ready and have everything planned and bam,you have been deleted by other players msg pops up...

Did they not learn from RDR and GTA IV that this is a bad thing,the game is awesome but this is one feature that needs removed or i see people never joining a public session and always playing with just crews and friends to avoid this..

Another thing i have noticed is i have also seen players with JB consoles online flying jets shooting missiles and stuff with only a rep of 3 or 4..lol

Mod Edit: edit title for clarity and added label.
Click here for Forum Rules, and here for more info on labels
Thanks! lovely1rainbow

gta5 photo: GTAV banner gta5_banner.jpg
Message 1 of 68 (7,830 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12383 posts

Re: GTA V player kick option.!

Oct 4, 2013

kythunder wrote:

The ability to kick players is completely stupid and does not belong in a open world game and especially one that R* tries to call a MMO,this option ruins many games and will hurt this one for sure,you can be with your crew getting ready and have everything planned and bam,you have been deleted by other players msg pops up...

Did they not learn from RDR and GTA IV that this is a bad thing,the game is awesome but this is one feature that needs removed or i see people never joining a public session and always playing with just crews and friends to avoid this..

Another thing i have noticed is i have also seen players with JB consoles online flying jets shooting missiles and stuff with only a rep of 3 or 4..lol

actually the ability to kick is a nice feature.. but unfortunatly often misused,,  ideally it sjhould only be used to remove the players that i just there to cause trouble for everyone else

>

Message 2 of 68 (7,816 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3436 posts

Oct 4, 2013

been reading many other posts from around the web and seems this is the biggest nummber 1 complaint other than all the server and cloud issues..R* better do something to fix this or nobody will ever see anyone in a public game.

the game seems like it is great but could be so much better,this will become a play with your friends online game..been through this before.

It is also apparent by how much stuff costs in the game it caters to the people who by the money cards,so i was right along in my other threads..

I won't say i told you so...

Message 3 of 68 (7,809 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3436 posts

Oct 4, 2013

That is the whole point to an open world game,you shouldn't be able to kick a player out because you are not as good as them or you feel they are bothering you,it is a option for all the little 12 year olds to abuse and it is being abused heavily as if there is a room full of 16 it only takes like 3 votes to remove you from the game..

Message 4 of 68 (7,806 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
654 posts

Oct 5, 2013

I wouldn't want the option removed; It is invaluable when used legitimately.  Rather, they should revamp the conditions required of being kicked.

Message 5 of 68 (7,791 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7130 posts

Oct 5, 2013

kythunder wrote:

That is the whole point to an open world game,you shouldn't be able to kick a player out because you are not as good as them or you feel they are bothering you,it is a option for all the little 12 year olds to abuse and it is being abused heavily as if there is a room full of 16 it only takes like 3 votes to remove you from the game..

Jusrt play solo and  do  mission with crew . add people you know to play with . Its not best answer but if people are going to be childish then just dont worry about it. Its their lost not yours

HAppy gaming

Mcbuttz78

vp-psn legioniaree group.

Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past, Wisdom is of the future

Message 6 of 68 (7,788 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3436 posts

Oct 5, 2013

mcbuttz78 wrote:

kythunder wrote:

Jusrt play solo and  do  mission with crew . add people you know to play with . Its not best answer but if people are going to be childish then just dont worry about it. Its their lost not yours

HAppy gaming

That's the thing,everyone will be playing with just friends etc and there will be very few public matches going on,i have seen it happen before,there really is no reason to have this option in a game,people use it for one reason,because they can't beat them,if you can beat that person then you wouldn't want to kick them,it's for crybabies as there is absolutely no other reasoning for it...i have never once needed to kick any players other than cheaters or modders but many of them get around that even or can just come back so again it's still pointless.

Message 7 of 68 (7,783 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1581 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 5, 2013

I'm reading the thread but all I'm seeing is the OP whining about the kick feature.  I don't use the term "Whining" as a troll or in a derogatory way.  I mean, you are whining, complaining, and venting but have yet to put forth a proper argument or suggest a remedy for the situation.

Also its quite obvious that a lot of your arguments are based off the fact that you are **bleep** off right now.  

"people use it for one reason,because they can't beat them"

"it's for crybabies"

If you have similar attitudes in-game, maybe that's why you got kicked.

You were obviously burnt by some folks who kicked you.  So I'm guessing you are suggesting this because it has the ability to be abused.

How would you fix it?  What alternatives are there to the situation?

doc shady signature
Message 8 of 68 (7,748 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3436 posts

Oct 5, 2013

docshady wrote:

I'm reading the thread but all I'm seeing is the OP whining about the kick feature.  I don't use the term "Whining" as a troll or in a derogatory way.  I mean, you are whining, complaining, and venting but have yet to put forth a proper argument or suggest a remedy for the situation.

Also its quite obvious that a lot of your arguments are based off the fact that you are **bleep** off right now.  

"people use it for one reason,because they can't beat them"

"it's for crybabies"

If you have similar attitudes in-game, maybe that's why you got kicked.

You were obviously burnt by some folks who kicked you.  So I'm guessing you are suggesting this because it has the ability to be abused.

How would you fix it?  What alternatives are there to the situation?

Your argument is invalid as i already pointed out the obvious,and no it's happeningto many people just sitting their minding theirown business and all the sudden you're kicked and that is the only reason for the kick feature is for little crybabies that can't play because there is no other valid reason to use it..and to fix it,it should have not been put there in the first place...

Message 9 of 68 (7,740 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1392 posts

Oct 5, 2013
Didn't take long for people to start abusing the kick option
Message 10 of 68 (7,691 Views)
0 Likes