Jan 02 2013
By: GODOFWAR142 Lombax Warrior 233 posts

Is it worth it?

12 replies 262 views Edited Jan 2, 2013

Hi, I really want to get a Vita but it's a bit expensive. Im only a teen and if i save for it, it could take me quite a while just to get the system a game and a good memory card.

So im just wondering is it really worth it?

Should i just stick with my ps3 and ipod touch until there is a good price drop?

Any and all advice is welcome and thankyou for any help .

photo GOWsignature_zps3e9f70f3.png
Message 1 of 13 (262 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
102 posts

Re: Is it worth it?

Jan 2, 2013

If you really have to work for it like that, I think you should only get it if you really want an exclusive title.

Message 2 of 13 (255 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1844 posts

Jan 2, 2013
Honestly, no. It isn't. Right now it is too expensive and their really aren't too many good games out there. You already have a PS3 and an Iphone wait for a price drop.

Message 3 of 13 (244 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7209 posts

Jan 2, 2013

GODOFWAR142 wrote:

Hi, I really want to get a Vita but it's a bit expensive. Im only a teen and if i save for it, it could take me quite a while just to get the system a game and a good memory card.

Should i just stick with my ps3 and ipod touch until there is a good price drop?

it is totally worth it, look up for youtube videos of games that you might be interested to see if you think they are worth it, i love the system because for the first time ever i feel like i have the whole playstation network in the palm of my hands, not like the psp with its limited network capability, little big planet psvita is the best handheld game i have ever played, in my opinion is the best little big planet experience ever.

If you happen to get the system then i would totally recommend to get playstation plus,  Sonic&All Stars Racing Transformed, Oddworld Stranger's Wrath HD, Sound Shapes, Playstation All Stars Battle Royale. 

Message 4 of 13 (224 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1916 posts

Jan 2, 2013

Is Vita worth the current price of $250 (for the bundles)? Absolutely.

Is it worth it for teenager? No. If you already have a PS3, there's no reason for you to waste your money on another system when you are still in school and presumably do not have a job.

Message 5 of 13 (215 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6508 posts

Jan 2, 2013

GODOFWAR142 wrote:

i dont how  old a your are so i cant  give that kind finacial advice on your spending personally. I would recommned working towards a  car and   striking a deal mom  and  dad or  whome ever in your grades in school  or  home  chores  in getting  you   ps vita for your bday or  good grades  etc etc.

As you get older your going have to learn how  save being a teen is the  best time to  do that. At  15-16 yr  old  i saved all my  money from jobs i worked  those years and invested it  in companies. Becuase you dont have to spend money  when living with your parent or whome ever.

.  I have one, i have almost  every thing sony makes btw . Is  it worth to me  yes,  but  to you i cannt say ? .. But being a teenand  at home   you dont  really dont have to spend for much  money . You can  save your money for  better things strike deals with your parents and live up the expectation  youll be  ok.

Also happy gaming to you.

Mcbuttz78

vp-psn legioniaree group.

Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past, Wisdom is of the future

Message 6 of 13 (210 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
35 posts

Jan 2, 2013

yes its totally worth it. at first i was psyched about havng a next gen hanheld gaming system but what i soon realized is, its much more than that. the vita can go on a wb browser, play games, and even listen to music while playing. not to mention the beautiful facebook and youtube apps that you can downloar if your into social media. games are somewhat lacking but im hoping for some releases this year. overall great system imo.

New PS Vita Player! Looking for new friends Add me! ( KombatKingx209 )
Message 7 of 13 (201 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
233 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 2, 2013

Thankyou guys for the help.

I think I will put just a little money down here and there, but I wont really start saving until a little stronger lineup of games (a GoW preferably) or a price drop occurs.

photo GOWsignature_zps3e9f70f3.png
Message 8 of 13 (193 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4038 posts

Jan 2, 2013
It is worth it, but since you are a teen (without a steady job?) then no it isn't. You already have a console and portable device that can play some decent game. Save your money for more important things until you have a steady paycheck, or if your parents buy you one as a gift. Setting aside $10 a week is helpful. I take $100 from my checkings and have it transferred into my savings every week. Setting up a reasonable amount each week adds up.
Message 9 of 13 (155 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
57 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 2, 2013

i got my call of duty black op for $249.00 and i really like it.

Message 10 of 13 (137 Views)
0 Likes