Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jun 13 2013
By: Sociologamer Splicer 57 posts

Is it weird that I DON'T want a PS4?

7 replies 154 views Edited Jun 13, 2013

Maybe.  I don't know.

I think the last time I absolutely had to have the latest gaming system or else I would hold my breath and hope that I'd pass out was when I was a kid.  I'm talking, Super Nintendo.  My brother told me that Mom got me one for Christmas that year, and whenever my mom would go to work, I would sneak it out of the closet, unpackage it, play it, then repack it before she got home.  She eventually busted me and she even threatened to take it back to the store.  I just fell out and criiiiiiiiiiiiiiied.  I mean, ugly face **bleep** crying for days and days.  

I've played all the Playstation consoles except for PS4 and Vita.  I liked trading up to the next-gen system, but I never really had this urge to be the first one in line to get the newest model.  Hell, with the PS3, it was super fat and expensive PS3 with backwards compatibility (though I didn't even have a PS2 at the time); then it was slim and skinny and cheaper and no compatibility.  Double hell, I bought my PS3 after getting hammered on St. Patrick's Day one year in grad school.  I held out that long.

Maybe it's because I'm a casual gamer.  School keeps me busy, and when I do play, I just like an RPG that I can pick up and play for a while.  And RPGs on PS3 tend to be hit and miss.

Anyway, anyone else out there not really feeling the urge to buy a PS4 right now?

Feel free to add me especially if you like RPG games.
Just say you're from PSN forums, ok?
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 8 (154 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
24347 posts

Re: Is it weird that I DON'T want a PS4?

Jun 13, 2013

Hey, to each his own.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 8 (153 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
9520 posts

Jun 13, 2013
I don't want to play my ps3 anymore after seeing all the next gen stuff :\
Are you a WWE fan? click here to join the discussion

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 8 (146 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2439 posts

Jun 13, 2013

1 more system for someone else to get

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 8 (145 Views)
PlayStation MVP
15233 posts

Jun 14, 2013

No. Its not wierd..... its your money, do whatever you want.

Cognitive Dissonance - The ability to understand multiple viewpoints even if they conflict with one another - and still use critical thinking, logical thought, and common sense to come to the realization that only ONE is the correct one and the others are wrong.

Furiously Chaosing
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 8 (105 Views)
PlayStation MVP
7918 posts

Jun 14, 2013

The more I think about it, the more I'm pretty sure I'm going to wait a while to buy a PS4.

The first true 'must have' game I've seen is inFamous: Second Son, and it has already been pushed back from launch title to Q1 2014.

Though, I might reconsider if The Order: 1886 turns out to be a launch title.  I'm already looking at ACIV: Black Flag, which should be a launch title, but I'm not in that big of a rush to play it.  As a PS+ member, I will also have access to DriveClub on day 1, but I'm not THAT big a fan of racing games, though I do like to play them casually.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 8 (91 Views)
PlayStation MVP
2599 posts

Jun 14, 2013

Id recommend you reconsider. Dont get caught in the whole "Stuck in last gen" phase. 

Look at the games that came out for PS1 after PS2 came out, and the games that came out for PS2 after the PS3 came out. Nearly all of those were mediocre. I think the only exception was, on the sony PS1 Spyro Year of the dragon came out after the PS2 came out, and it was like the swan song for the console. The perfect game, perfect ending, perfect way to end your PS1 gaming.

With PS2, i guess GTA Liberty city stories and vice city stories came out after this current gen started and they were good games. Obscure 2 the aftermath came out in 08 and it was good. 

You may get lucky and get some great games. But dont count on it after 2014 ends. You seen how badly treated PS1 and 2 was with their final years. They got mostly garbage ports and sports games. The final games on both consoles: SPORTS.  

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 8 (67 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
8326 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 14, 2013

ccrogers15 wrote:

Id recommend you reconsider. Dont get caught in the whole "Stuck in last gen" phase. 

Look at the games that came out for PS1 after PS2 came out, and the games that came out for PS2 after the PS3 came out. Nearly all of those were mediocre. I think the only exception was, on the sony PS1 Spyro Year of the dragon came out after the PS2 came out, and it was like the swan song for the console. The perfect game, perfect ending, perfect way to end your PS1 gaming.

With PS2, i guess GTA Liberty city stories and vice city stories came out after this current gen started and they were good games. Obscure 2 the aftermath came out in 08 and it was good. 

You may get lucky and get some great games. But dont count on it after 2014 ends. You seen how badly treated PS1 and 2 was with their final years. They got mostly garbage ports and sports games. The final games on both consoles: SPORTS.  

No offense, but please. I'm someone whose last Sony system was a PS2. I'm not stuck in the last gen by any stretch either. I'm interested in getting a PS3 when I can, but rl has kept me (for the most part) from getting one.

I still enjoy playing my PS2 as well, it works nicely and it shouldn't matter how old the system is, as long as it works well enough to play games on.

@ BBurgSteve: That's me as well. I'll be waiting a bit before I get one as well.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 8 (63 Views)