Aug 31 2013
By: Donat_7 Monster Hunter 34 posts

Is it safe to download a game from playstation store

5 replies 215 views Edited Aug 31, 2013

I moved to ghana last year and unsurprisingly there is no gamestop. So I have to buy my games directly from the PS store. So of my friends here say the've had issues where their downloads stop at a percentage. I've also read this in many threads online. I'm buying 3 games this year: GTA V, BF4, COD ghosts. I can get ghosts in stores here but I will have to buy BF4 and GTA V online, so I don't want to waste my money. Please tell me if it is safe for me to buy my game from the PS store (I've never done this). If there are issues where the download stops, tell me if they've solved them or give me a link where it gives steps on how to fix this

Thnx a lot!

Message 1 of 6 (215 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
24784 posts

Re: Is it safe to download a game from playstation store

Aug 31, 2013

It's safe to use the store. I and many others do it all the time. If people have issues it's because of their network. Wired generally is better.

Message 2 of 6 (209 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4501 posts

Aug 31, 2013

Downloading content from the PSN store can produce problems sometimes. If you have corrupted files, a certain game won't install until you fix the files (delete/restore them). You also have to make sure you have plenty of memory. If you have the 500GB model, you should be set to go to download content easily.

The games you listed will eat up a lot of memory since you're downloading them digitally.

YB

Message 3 of 6 (195 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
134 posts

Sep 1, 2013
it will not hurt your ps3 and so it is safe and no need to worry
Message 4 of 6 (155 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1392 posts

Sep 1, 2013
No need to worry man all my games are downloaded from the PSN store and im good
Message 5 of 6 (141 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
29 posts

Sep 1, 2013

don't worry it's safe. it's just their internet that have problem, not the store.

PILIPINAS!
Message 6 of 6 (115 Views)
0 Likes