I Only Post Everything
1368 posts

Re: Is getting playstation plus worth it?

Aug 7, 2011

I like plus for these reasons:

Automatic overnight downloading of patches

Game save backup that even works for locked game saves.  You can only copy them once every 24 hours, but this is not a concern for me.  What was a concern was spending multiple days playing a game and worrying about the game save being corrupted.  I totally understand why certain games have this, Demon's Souls for example would be ruined by the ability to save and restore all the time, but losing the save entirely was scary.

Discounts on many PSN titles I was planning to buy anyways, or DLC content that I would have purchased even at full price.

To the people whining about losing the ability to play the games they got for free with PS plus at a later date, well............ big woopty.  I'm sorry you're 12 years old and while you wanted to keep playing a game you just installed and then 2 days later after your free month of playstation plus wore out you can't play it anymore.  Guess what, try buying the game, like everyone else, maybe?  Personally I bought it for a year and so far I've saved about $23 bucks in discounts.  I've also never had to download and install some game patch before playing the game, it would just work.  It's a great workaround.

Not only that, but even some of my favorite games of all time, there is always going to be a point in time where you are going to just stop playing the game.  The free title's are not big huge blockbusters, they are not giving out a $60 retail game every month, even those are nowadays at best good for a few days or on rare occasion a week of playing.

Who the heck wants to play the same game for a year on end?  If you do, you're probably not even playing PS3 games, you're playing WoW or something.

cirkustanz
Metroidvania is my favorite style of game...Would love a sequel to Harmony of Despair!
Message 31 of 186 (528 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5113 posts

Aug 7, 2011

ooppss i misspelled what

did sony pick on you when you were a kid - you seem bitter

Message 32 of 186 (528 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2137 posts

Aug 7, 2011

jpbslayer wrote:

ooppss i misspelled what

how am I bitter? because I don't pay for Plus?

waht?

Message 33 of 186 (528 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5113 posts

Aug 7, 2011

nanomoronMGS wrote:

jpbslayer wrote:

ooppss i misspelled what

how am I bitter? because I don't pay for Plus?

waht?

ok sorry my bad - just thought you seemed bitter

Message 34 of 186 (528 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5113 posts

Aug 7, 2011

nanoidiotMGS wrote:

BURRITO26A wrote:

$50/365 = $0.13699 a day. I probably lose more money then that a day.

Or you could put that $50 dollars towards a new game instead of subscription to demos advertisments.

ummmm waht advertisments?

Message 35 of 186 (528 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2137 posts

Aug 7, 2011

Cirkustanz wrote:

Game save backup that even works for locked game saves.  You can only copy them once every 24 hours, but this is not a concern for me.  What was a concern was spending multiple days playing a game and worrying about the game save being corrupted.  I totally understand why certain games have this, Demon's Souls for example would be ruined by the ability to save and restore all the time, but losing the save entirely was scary.

Discounts on many PSN titles I was planning to buy anyways, or DLC content that I would have purchased even at full price.

To the people whining about losing the ability to play the games they got for free with PS plus at a later date, well............ big woopty.  I'm sorry you're 12 years old and while you wanted to keep playing a game you just installed and then 2 days later after your free month of playstation plus wore out you can't play it anymore.  Guess what, try buying the game, like everyone else, maybe? Personally I bought it for a year and so far I've saved about $23 bucks in discounts.  I've also never had to download and install some game patch before playing the game, it would just work.  It's a great workaround.

Not only that, but even some of my favorite games of all time, there is always going to be a point in time where you are going to just stop playing the game.  The free title's are not big huge blockbusters, they are not giving out a $60 retail game every month, even those are nowadays at best good for a few days or on rare occasion a week of playing.

Who the heck wants to play the same game for a year on end?  If you do, you're probably not even playing PS3 games, you're playing WoW or something.

cirkustanz
Stop crying, it's a video game.

Whos 12 years old? Plus is a waste of money, keep paying for it im not gonna stop you, I never played WoW either, alot of people own more then one game. I have a couple of games I havent even broke open the shrink wrap i.e. God Of War 3. Sorry not everyone has infinite free time to play games like you do. I bought RE2 off psn a couple years ago, And recently just got to playing and am half way through. How old are you by the way? your assumptions make you look like a jack ass. Well done.

troll on sir.

Message 36 of 186 (528 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
300 posts

Aug 8, 2011

nanotechMGS wrote:

Cirkustanz wrote:

To the people whining about losing the ability to play the games they got for free with PS plus at a later date, well............ big woopty.  I'm sorry you're 12 years old and while you wanted to keep playing a game you just installed and then 2 days later after your free month of playstation plus wore out you can't play it anymore.  Guess what, try buying the game, like everyone else, maybe? Personally I bought it for a year and so far I've saved about $23 bucks in discounts.  I've also never had to download and install some game patch before playing the game, it would just work.  It's a great workaround.

cirkustanz

Whos 12 years old? Plus is a waste of money, keep paying for it im not gonna stop you, I never played WoW either, alot of people own more then one game. I have a couple of games I havent even broke open the shrink wrap i.e. God Of War 3. Sorry not everyone has infinite free time to play games like you do. I bought RE2 off psn a couple years ago, And recently just got to playing and am half way through. How old are you by the way? your assumptions make you look like a jack ***. Well done.

troll on sir.

Your reply did not make you seem like you were not 12 years old.

Message 37 of 186 (528 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
624 posts

Aug 8, 2011

Congrats nano you have completely thrown this thread off track!

Treat me nicely and i will return the favor Smiley Wink

Message 38 of 186 (528 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
90 posts

Aug 8, 2011

iv had ps pluss for awhile n i think its worth it as i enjoy trying different games and getting older games at discouted prices i am retired so the more games i get the better n pluss gives me that

Message 39 of 186 (528 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2137 posts

Aug 8, 2011

TomHoang wrote:

nanotechMGS wrote:

Cirkustanz wrote:

cirkustanz

Whos 12 years old? Plus is a waste of money, keep paying for it im not gonna stop you, I never played WoW either, alot of people own more then one game. I have a couple of games I havent even broke open the shrink wrap i.e. God Of War 3. Sorry not everyone has infinite free time to play games like you do. I bought RE2 off psn a couple years ago, And recently just got to playing and am half way through. How old are you by the way? your assumptions make you look like a jack ***. Well done.

troll on sir.

Your reply did not make you seem like you were not 12 years old.

Yea im 12 years old because I think Plus is a waste of money /sarcasm . Check the title of the thread, it asks a question that I answered in my opinion, If you don't like it tough luck.

Doesn't matter how old I am but calling people 12 years old based on the fact they disagree is immature, seeing how you agree with this your immature based on your reply that has nothing to do with the topic.

Message 40 of 186 (528 Views)
0 Likes