I Only Post Everything
1044 posts

Re: Is getting playstation plus worth it?

Jun 10, 2012

jcalvert wrote:

Yep - loved all the VF trophies I picked up today for about 90 minutes of effort!

Nicely done! I'm enjoying the easy trophies on these free PS+ games also.

Message 151 of 186 (248 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1250 posts

Jun 10, 2012

You bring up some interesting points, and at the risk of creating double posts, I would (almost) suggest that you pull yours into a new thread.  There are plenty of threads debating the merits of PS+, but really this thread is sort of a wasteland.  I only post to this one every now and again to (A) make sure there is not a complete misrepresentation of PS+ (B) to provide the occasional welcome to new PS Community members.  Should be interesting to see if you pick up some good discussion in this thread ...

PS+ is much more than just a rental service.  Not only do you have access to the "free" content as long as your subscription is active, but you also get lots, and lots of discounts, many of which are quality day one games.

As far as Sony changing their EUA - they do it all the time (at least it feels that way).  At the begining of PS+, they use to say it was an evolving service.

Message 152 of 186 (248 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Jun 10, 2012

I have had PS+ since it was for free when the PSN got Hacked, and have renewed it every year.

PS+ is worth it! it pays it's self off if u like downlowding FREE PS3,PSP,MINS and PS2 games to your PS3. I have filled my PS3 with 15 PS3 games and have keept the games because i renewed every year this mouth i have saved over $100 in free games. You just have to keep a eye on the PS store every mouth to get all it has to offer.

Get Your Portable ID!

Facebook: AC_2500s
YouTube: AC2500s
Message 153 of 186 (248 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jun 10, 2012

I thinks its great. Its well worth getting.

It uploads all your save data. If you get a new console or your current one breaks you wont have to start a game over. You get lots of free/discounts games, themes, avatars and more.

Automatically patches and updates at a your own choosen time.

I have had to replace my console a number of times. Either for a new hard drive or just broke. Loosing all data it was really annoying. But now I got PS+ i know when i need a new console I can continue where I left off. I do need a new console It recently stoppped reading blu ray discs.

Message 154 of 186 (248 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
23 posts

Jun 10, 2012

Lol. 'Evolving' Service is something Sony was saying? Good god....I'm sure everyone has heard it all. Anyway, yes I may start a new thread with my questions. I went ahead and wrote Sony support as well so will see what they say, then start a new thread. Thanks for your thoughts. I still think PSN Plus is pretty much just a rental service. I asked Sony these three questions (though I could have written more based on what I wrote).

1. When there are sales on both PSN Plus and a game is also discounted for non Plus users, can Sony also give Plus users the option to purchase the game at the non Plus user discounted price?

2. It would be nice if there were some sort of purchase option to convert PSN Plus games we buy to have no expiration dates.

3. Can you steer me to some Faqs on licensing? How it all works for my PS3 and games I buy on PSN? I know my post below is long but some of the things I am wondering about are listed below.

We'll see what they say. I really want to know how all this is supposed to work. It is tough also buying DLC for games I don't own. I have a feeling here I am dealing with people that have chosen to redefine what it is to OWN something, I don't care for that.

Cheers

Message 155 of 186 (248 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
23 posts

Jun 10, 2012

It's like pulling teeth with Sony to get information. So much incompetence, So many lies...  Heh. Guy did not answer my questions at all.

Hi Jon.

Nice to hear from you. Could you answer my questions? Don’t need the fluffy stuff. So you are saying a game I get at a discount on PSN Plus is mine to keep forever? Then why do so many of my PSN Plus games have expiry dates? Please take your time responding.

Thanks,

Christopher

Hello Chris,

Thank you for contacting Sony PlayStation® Support. My name is Jon and I am really sorry if PlayStation®Plus has caused you so many concerns. As an avid gamer myself, I can definitely understand your concern about your purchased content. We don't like to see our customers upset and inconvenienced. We always strive to create a positive customer experience whenever possible.

First I would like to say that if you purchase a game at a discount, it will never expire. This means that the game will still be playable on your account, even if you are no longer a member of PlayStation®Plus. Also, no there is not a way to pay full price if you are a PlayStation®Plus member, and I do not understand why you would want to pay more if it doesn't benefit you to pay more.

Also, The information below may further assist you:

PlayStation Plus Introduction Article Link: http://playstation.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2034
PlayStation Plus Instant Game Collection Article Link: http://playstation.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4567

Again, Im sorry for all of your concerns that you are having, but I assure you that PlayStation®Plus is a good deal if you play a lot of games. You get free games, discounts on games, invitations to betas, earlier access to content, other free content, automatic downloads for updates, a secure place to backup your game saves and more content in the future. It truly is a great subscription.

Thank you so much for your time, Chris. We really do appreciate your support of PlayStation®. I also would like to let you know that you will be receiving a brief survey in your e-mail. Please take a moment and let me and my supervisor know how satisfied you are with my personal response. Have a fantastic day!

Your PlayStation® representative,
Jon B.
Consumer Services

Message 156 of 186 (248 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
6837 posts

Jun 10, 2012

What lies?  It's all stuff I've heard before and consistent with my PS+ experience.  Yeah, he didn't answer all the questions, but in this case he was specifically answering:

christopherlang1 wrote:

... So you are saying a game I get at a discount on PSN Plus is mine to keep forever? Then why do so many of my PSN Plus games have expiry dates? Please take your time responding...

If you were more specific about the games maybe he/someone here could help you.  As it is, it seems like you are expecting the "free" games to be considered "discounted," but discounted just applies to anything you pay something for, as he said.

Message 157 of 186 (248 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
23 posts

Jun 10, 2012

Can they read? I thought I was clear. Why do I need to be specific about individual games? It's the same questions! I mean don't people read, do their jobs, research things? Sheesh. Overall: None of the questions were answered.

Cheers

(re What lies: It is my overall sentiment dealing with Sony about things).

It's like pulling teeth with Sony to get information. So much incompetence, So many lies... Heh

Things said out of past experiences w/Sony.

Message 158 of 186 (248 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
6837 posts

Jun 10, 2012

He answered the questions that you posted there, "So you are saying a game I get at a discount on PSN Plus is mine to keep forever? Then why do so many of my PSN Plus games have expiry dates?"  He said, "if you purchase a game at a discount, it will never expire."  The expiration dates therefore apply to things you didn't pay for, the "free" games.  If that's not the case (i.e. you paid for something but it still expired) that is a problem, and that's why I said you should be specific.  I still don't see any lies there.

Message 159 of 186 (248 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
6837 posts

Jun 10, 2012

I acknowledged in my first post that he didn't answer all of your original 3 questions, but did answer the ones you posted in that exchange.  I think the problem, as I first suggested, is actually the difference between "free" and "discounted."  Free games are not considered discounted games; they expire and yes, they can basically be considered a rental. 

I understand what your question about purchasing was, but because you said "discounted" it confused the person answering it (you really meant "free").  I think there should be a way to do that, but there isn't.  There is no way to purchase PS+ games until you let your subscription expire, and then buy them at whatever the current price is.  As for your last question, I'm not completely sure but I don't think you ever really "own" any kind of software, and that hasn't changed.  The real difference with PSN is that you don't even have it on a disc, so whether you can continue to access it or not is in their hands.

Message 160 of 186 (248 Views)
0 Likes