Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sackboy
624 posts

Re: Is getting playstation plus worth it?

Dec 29, 2011

No prob. And if you're need someone to party up with on cod add me. NecroButcher2011

Treat me nicely and i will return the favor :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Message 71 of 186 (133 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Dec 29, 2011

Sounds good Necro, I've also got a mw3 clan you should check out our forums its still new and not many people have signed up or joined but I didn't want anything large anyways. http://mandaloriandw.proboards.com/

Please use plain text.
Message 72 of 186 (133 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
610 posts

Jan 5, 2012

Happy to hear a lot of good reviews about PS+, as I've just subscribed

to a full year of it.  I already downloaded the first Back to the future

game episode, and the rest are in my cart. Never played any of them.

I also never played any of the Syphon Filter games on the PS1, so

will have to try the first one to see if I like it.

Please use plain text.
Message 73 of 186 (133 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
830 posts

Jan 10, 2012

Hey guys!  Saw this thread and couldn't resist chiming in.

I absolutely, positively LOVE my PS+ account!

I know that to many of you my status as a Moderator makes this statement sound contrived or salesy, but I'm totally serious.

I mean, c'mon,  where else can you get loads of free games (yeah, I know that you lose them if you unsubscribe) ,  loads of free themes and avatars,  and also you get the added security of Cloud Storage for all your game saves and achievements.

That last point is actually the thing that made PS+ attractive to me.  I broke my first PS3 without havng eer backed anything up so I lost all my trophies, medals, awards, achievements, my SOUL when it broke. 

Now, I never have to worry about it. 

I would recommend PS+ to anyone and everyone who owns a PS.  Try it out for even a 90 day trial and you'll see for yourself that it's worth it.

Gleeful rant over.  Enjoy!

Photobucket

Please use plain text.
Message 74 of 186 (133 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Jan 20, 2012

eh it's ok I bought it for the year but I dunno if I'm gonna keep it.. the best part so far was getting the crash bandicoot series for free but other than that you still have to pay for anything you like all the stuff thats free is normally knock off crap nobody wants.

Please use plain text.
Message 75 of 186 (133 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Jan 30, 2012

Yea totally you get free games every month

Please use plain text.
Message 76 of 186 (133 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
19 posts

Feb 2, 2012

PlayStation Plus is great and if your reading this post wondering to yourself if you should consider getting PlayStation Plus read this topic on what is to come in Febuary...

Please use plain text.
Message 77 of 186 (133 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
181 posts

Feb 5, 2012

I saw no value in the games - so I was paying $50 for the ability to background download updates...then I realized that my friends with Xbox 360s don't sit there waiting an hour for updates seemingly every few days.  So for the one thing I actually liked, i was paying $50 per year to be on par with the 360....In my opinion the way Sony has implemented updating is horrific, and its reason for being like this is 5% service to the customer, and 95% Sony being able to cover their own hynies...so I was paying 50 per year to automatically download the update that required me to sign away rights to sue.

For me the biggest issue is that with PSPlus, you're paying as much (actually MORE if you buy Live points somewhere at a discount) as people pay for XBox live for some fairly meh games and some functionality (background downloads) that should have been free out of the box. 

Please use plain text.
Message 78 of 186 (133 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2167 posts

Feb 5, 2012

Not at all and I think if you do fall for the scam, you're stupid. Paying for discounts? What the hell sense does that make? You can save more by buying the games directly when they're on sale. Furthermore the free content, which also overwhelmingly sucks, is gone once the subscription is up. $50 to rent games? Sorry, there is nothing to be gained from such a weak service. All I want is free online gaming and that can be had without Plus. Hell I had a free trial from the blackout that I didn't use. Also received another code a few month back, also unused. Seems they add even less content when the free trials are around.

Too many games, too little time.
Please use plain text.
Message 79 of 186 (133 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1245 posts

Feb 5, 2012

I understand that everyone is entitled to their own option and however they see fit to express said opinion, however calling PS+ subscribers "stupid" is just a little over the top.

Please use plain text.
Message 80 of 186 (133 Views)
0 Likes