Sep 03 2012
By: AchillesVsHector Hekseville Citizen 339 posts

Is gameshark or some kind of cheat program available for the Vita or no not yet?

14 replies 14962 views Edited Sep 3, 2012

I'm normally not a cheater but its going to bother me that they made getting knights in the round table(a power materia in final fantasy VII almost impossible to get). I think you have to raise chocobos and spend like 300,000 gil or more just to finally get a golden chocobo. 

Message 1 of 15 (14,962 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1532 posts

Re: Is gameshark or some kind of cheat program available for the Vita or no not yet?

Sep 3, 2012

Here is another way around if you're too lazy farming for the golden Chocobo

Only work after Sephiroth kill Aerith and summon the meteor
First, find this enemy: Ghost Ship, it's in Junon Underwater Reactor, take his Health down to 90% and use the Morph Skill, which you will learn from some point of the game. He will turn into a Guide Book

Second, Go back to Kalm, find the Kalm Traveler in the rightmost house. Talk to him and he will trade the Guide Book for the Underwater Materia, equip that

Third, go to Bottom of the Sea by using a submarine and fight Emerald Weapon, using this strategy:

The player should come with one character equipped with W-Item, one equipped with Underwater, and all three equipped with HP Plus so that they have 9999 HP.

By exploiting the W-Item glitch, one should amass many Elixirs and Megalixirs, at least 20 of each, and put them on the top of the inventory, along with 15 Hero Drinks. All three characters should be in Fury status and have Lv3 Limits; this is crucial because Lv4 limits take too long to prepare, and Limits need to come frequently for this strategy to work.

Additionally, any other Materia is unnecessary, and Aire Tam Storm should rarely be used, so bringing whatever Materia needs leveling is fine.

The player should begin the battle by responding to every Emerald Shoot with an Elixir, while the characters begin buffing up with Hero Drinks.

A stomp attack should prompt a Megalixir. The player should keep at least one person ready to heal at all times, as the strategy is ruined if anyone gets KO'ed

. Once the eyes appear, the party should be at max health when they are hit by Emerald Beam. All three party members will likely hit their Limit Breaks, but one should select to use a Megalixir while Emerald Beam's animation is just beginning, and the others should quickly select their Limits.

Since Limits take priority, they will override the Eyes' attacks and hit first, likely killing a couple of Eyes before they can move. The Megalixir will go off and heal, and the player should use the third Limit.

If any Eyes persist, the player should wait for the second Emerald Beam and repeat again, which should finish them before Aire Tam Storm hits, reverting Emerald to his previous phase.

The party should resume with Hero Drinks and Elixirs until five have been used per character, in which case they should attack or use Limits. As long as the player keeps their HP maxed, Emerald Beam will always prompt Limit Breaks due to it being a gravity attack, the eyes will never get many turns, and Emerald will never kill anyone. The best Limits to use are Cloud's Meteorain, Barret's Angermax, Tifa's moves up to Meteor Strike, Yuffie's Doom of the Living, Red XIII's Earth Rave, and Cid's Big Brawl or Dragon Dive.

After he's death he will drop : The Earth Harp

Go back to the Kalm Traveler and trade the Earth Harp for this summon

Keep in mind you should attempt this when you have high enough level, as Emerald Weapon is a BEAST with 1 million health and will kill you in one hit.

Other than that there is no way to use cheat, even if you hack the Vita, and stop posting FFVII related thread on the Vita forums Smiley Sad

I love Adam Levine
"One more ******* Love song and I well be sick......"
Message 2 of 15 (14,961 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
339 posts

Re: Is gameshark or some kind of cheat program available for the Vita or no not yet?

Sep 3, 2012
Dang, your method seems harder than just breeding a golden chocobo.
Message 3 of 15 (14,957 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1532 posts

Sep 3, 2012
Either that or breed the Chocobo, lazyness aint get you no where Smiley Happy
I love Adam Levine
"One more ******* Love song and I well be sick......"
Message 4 of 15 (14,955 Views)
Treasure Hunter
8193 posts

Sep 3, 2012
Gameshark and other cheating devices won't be available for the Vita, as they can use to cheat trophies and online. (CWCheat is infamous for cheating online on PSP)
Message 5 of 15 (14,942 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1700 posts

Sep 3, 2012
Omg, I'm so glad I never have to play that game again!
Message 6 of 15 (14,920 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
7215 posts

Sep 3, 2012

Even if they made something like that, it probably wouldn't work for PS1 games.  You can just search online for save files and download them.  The only problem is they might be in the wrong format (e.g. dex drive saves), but you can probably find them in PSP/PS3/Vita format, especially for a popular game like FF7.

Message 7 of 15 (14,903 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2504 posts

Sep 3, 2012
I hope they don't make a PS Vita game shark. I'm not liking the idea of cheating.

As for the KotR materia, it is time consuming, but not vary hard.
U R Not e . Enos Lives . PLAY B3YOND . ixnine . I love Nariko! . WipEout . Home . PlayStation Network . Tearaway . the Last of Us
Message 8 of 15 (14,889 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
339 posts

Sep 3, 2012

I don't like cheating either but I find it ridiculous that getting that summon takes a lot of hard work. Its a cool summon. 

Message 9 of 15 (14,874 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1578 posts

Sep 4, 2012
i wouldnt mind a gameshark option for ps1 games. then i could use rapidfire in twisted metal 2. its insane with thats code.
http://uspgc.webs.com

#1XBOX #2 PSV #3 ps3 thumbs down. Shoo fly don't bother me!
AlbaTron209 EST.1985
Message 10 of 15 (14,842 Views)
0 Likes