Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 05/09/2006
Online
5738 posts
 

Re: Is Sony pushing PS+?

Jul 28, 2014
Such pretty colors
 photo newforumsig_zps5ec69817.png
Message 41 of 256 (260 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 02/24/2014
Offline
124 posts
 

Re: Is Sony pushing PS+?

Jul 28, 2014
Sony is trying to push their premium service so it can be... better. Last generation, XBOX Live was far superior to PSN, and in this gen, with all the money the users are putting in, the experience should be at par, if not better than XBOX Live. They're just trying to make your experience more
Message 42 of 256 (259 Views)
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 02/24/2014
Offline
124 posts
 

Re: Is Sony pushing PS+?

Jul 28, 2014
pleasing
Message 43 of 256 (256 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 09/23/2010
Online
1996 posts
 

Re: Is Sony pushing PS+?

[ Edited ]
Jul 28, 2014

Black0Panther wrote:

Whats so funn is some of these games on Steam and Origigin. I get free or cheaper on my console. Why spend 29.99 on PC when i can get it half that on a console Lol Really?


First off, you have you pay $50 just to take a chance. Steam, GOG, and Origin don't do that. Not off to a good start. Second, PS+ is like a game of roulette. There's no guarantee you'll get (deals on) games that you are interested in. In the event that you don't, you're out whatever you paid for it. If by any chance games that interest you are offered for "free" you have to keep your PS+ subscription renewed to keep them, meaning it's more like $30-50/year, not free. However, my main issue with PS+ is PS4's online multiplayer fee. If Sony gets rid of that, I'll be more than willing to ease up on the attacks on PS+.

To live a life of power, you must have faith that what you believe is right, even if others tell you you're wrong. The first thing you must do to live a life of power is to find courage. You must be ready to reach beyond the boundaries of Time itself. And to do that, all you need is the will to take that first step. - Sonic CD Japanese front cover
Message 44 of 256 (250 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 09/23/2010
Online
1996 posts
 

Re: Is Sony pushing PS+?

Jul 28, 2014

Winscar_Shinobi wrote:
Such pretty colors

I use the dark them, so bright colors are easier for me to read.


DuxDub wrote:
Sony is trying to push their premium service so it can be... better. Last generation, XBOX Live was far superior to PSN, and in this gen, with all the money the users are putting in, the experience should be at par, if not better than XBOX Live. They're just trying to make your experience more

I was fine with what I had until I had to change ISP because of my ISP's insurance company didn't want to pay for an accident that happened. I didn't get an Xbox last gen. The fee is the reason why. If Sony wants to make my experience more pleasing, drop the online multiplayer fee on the PS4. That's all I am asking for.

To live a life of power, you must have faith that what you believe is right, even if others tell you you're wrong. The first thing you must do to live a life of power is to find courage. You must be ready to reach beyond the boundaries of Time itself. And to do that, all you need is the will to take that first step. - Sonic CD Japanese front cover
Message 45 of 256 (247 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 03/30/2013
Offline
2925 posts
 

Re: Is Sony pushing PS+?

Jul 28, 2014

Imagine black friday exlusive to whoever owns whatever store's credit card. wouldn't you be **bleep**?


Message 46 of 256 (246 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 01/24/2004
Online
4450 posts
 

Re: Is Sony pushing PS+?

Jul 28, 2014

Ness_and_Sonic wrote:


 


So, blame ISPs for their problems. Don't take it out on consumers. This is one of the most ignorant responses I have ever heard.

 

A lot of people get PS+ for the  games, not the online multiplayer. Also, just because something should be better doesn't mean it is. I mean, Windows XP vs. Window Vista. People actually believe Vista was worse than Windows XP. Likewise, Windows 7 vs. Windows 8. From what I have read, people prefer Windows 7 over Windows 8. Also, MS tried to make it harder to dual boot with Windows 8. If you wanted to run Windows 8 along side ZorinOS or some other Linux Distro, MS made things harder on you. Do you have a PS4? Have you not seen a performance difference between the PSN for the 3 and 4? There IS a performance increase between the 2 so your argument is irrelivant.

 

How about making the people pirated games from the Playstation Store via custom firmware that made the store think it was a dev. console and entering fake credit card numbers that were unchecked pay for it? What does this have to do with requireing a PS+ subscription? Why not prosecute those people?

 

And like I said, I consider that to be earning it. It's pretty easy to block ads with the right browser addons on the PC. It's a bit harder to do on games. If they want to allow premium members to be ad free, go ahead. That seems fair. A number of sites do that. Also, Microtransactions aren't exactly that bad in my book.

 

It has several. Steam, Origin, GOG, etc. Also, that's where Sony and Microsoft want you to believe the money  is going. I have this strange feeling that Sony and Microsoft are actually pocketing a percentage of the money instead. Those are applications that monitor your licenses. They don't offer chat, messaging or other services that PSN and Live offer. Apples to oranges.  Yeah Sony purchased rack space just to make it look like they are doing something. Again they are a business, do you think they are breaking the bank on these services and retiring to Maui? They are not making a large profit and still may be losing. Sony and MS reinvest a lot of their money in to infrastructure, this is something businesses do. Take the tin foil hat off.


 

Message 47 of 256 (233 Views)
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 09/23/2010
Online
1996 posts
 

Re: Is Sony pushing PS+?

[ Edited ]
Jul 28, 2014

SHANE523 wrote:
This is one of the most ignorant responses I have ever heard.
Do you have a PS4? Have you not seen a performance difference between the PSN for the 3 and 4? There IS a performance increase between the 2 so your argument is irrelivant. 
What does this have to do with requireing a PS+ subscription? Why not prosecute those people? 
Those are applications that monitor your licenses. They don't offer chat, messaging or other services that PSN and Live offer. Apples to oranges. 
Yeah Sony purchased rack space just to make it look like they are doing something. Again they are a business, do you think they are breaking the bank on these services and retiring to Maui? They are not making a large profit and still may be losing. Sony and MS reinvest a lot of their money in to infrastructure, this is something businesses do. Take the tin foil hat off.  

In a capitalist society, paying customers are a privilege. That's why they needed to treated with respect. Besides, like I said, the datacaps are partially to blame for things. If anything, ISPs are the problem, not the customers. 

 

I have a relative who does have one. Nope, I haven't noticed anything. Like I said, it's memetic. you believe its better because you're paying an extra fee for it. 

 

I'm saying their are other things that cost them money last gen. Example, people got games from the Playstation store without paying that way. Sony has since patched it out, but making them pay for those things is one way to help cover the costs.

 

I don't use Origin that much, but I will claim you're wrong on GOG and Steam. GOG doesn't use DRM, so the license monitoring thing isn't there. Steam offers chat, cloud syncing, and hosting of user generated content. Heck, they even have an anti-cheat system in place. However, if Sony's bet

 

I don't wear hats. However, my trust has been betrayed by Sony in the past, which is why I don't trust them now.

To live a life of power, you must have faith that what you believe is right, even if others tell you you're wrong. The first thing you must do to live a life of power is to find courage. You must be ready to reach beyond the boundaries of Time itself. And to do that, all you need is the will to take that first step. - Sonic CD Japanese front cover
Message 48 of 256 (227 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 04/05/2003
Online
9422 posts
 

Re: Is Sony pushing PS+?

Jul 28, 2014

Ness_and_Sonic wrote:

SHANE523 wrote:
This is one of the most ignorant responses I have ever heard.
Do you have a PS4? Have you not seen a performance difference between the PSN for the 3 and 4? There IS a performance increase between the 2 so your argument is irrelivant. 
What does this have to do with requireing a PS+ subscription? Why not prosecute those people? 
Those are applications that monitor your licenses. They don't offer chat, messaging or other services that PSN and Live offer. Apples to oranges. 
Yeah Sony purchased rack space just to make it look like they are doing something. Again they are a business, do you think they are breaking the bank on these services and retiring to Maui? They are not making a large profit and still may be losing. Sony and MS reinvest a lot of their money in to infrastructure, this is something businesses do. Take the tin foil hat off.  

In a capitalist society, paying customers are a privilege. That's why they needed to treated with respect. Besides, like I said, the datacaps are partially to blame for things. If anything, ISPs are the problem, not the customers. 

 

I have a relative who does have one. Nope, I haven't noticed anything. Like I said, it's memetic. you believe its better because you're paying an extra fee for it. 

 

I'm saying their are other things that cost them money last gen. Example, people got games from the Playstation store without paying that way. Sony has since patched it out, but making them pay for those things is one way to help cover the costs.

 

I don't use Origin that much, but I will claim you're wrong on GOG and Steam. GOG doesn't use DRM, so the license monitoring thing isn't there. Steam offers chat, cloud syncing, and hosting of user generated content. Heck, they even have an anti-cheat system in place. However, if Sony's bet

 

I don't wear hats. However, my trust has been betrayed by Sony in the past, which is why I don't trust them now.


Stam licensing and monitoring isnt there? LOL ROFLMAO! Dude you buy some thing on steam either you or as a gift. Ounce its installed you cant do no more with it. DRM at its worst in my eye. They monitor what you do and make sure you dont do illigal stuff.  They got a system in place to ensure this. Sorry Ness you are talking out of your behind now.  

 

Have you tried steam chat? LOL Its game side not server side IE STEAM DONT HOST OR DO THIS!

 

The only anti cheat  stuff got is on there games only. Not the million of others sold by them IE Valve games. The cheat is a small program launched by the server app which 9 out of 10 is on the hots computer not on the steam network itself. You make it sound like steam is runnin millions of servers there not. all there doing is listing games and taking you to them. The games are ran off of person computers or servers  paid by a fan of the game not steam.


Message 49 of 256 (204 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 12/24/2007
Offline
15664 posts
 

Re: Is Sony pushing PS+?

Jul 28, 2014

Ness_and_Sonic wrote:

Winscar_Shinobi wrote:
I pay for netflix even though it uses comcasts (and other ISPs) servers to handle everything. Should I go to netflix and complain about paying since I already pay for comcast?

And you pay ISPs to use their servers and network. Sony is doing the same.

And it is logical, you're just too naive thinking that paying a 1 time fee should grant you access to everything forever.

I mean I buy a cell phone. To use features I have to pay. If I dont pay I dont get certain features. Its been like that for over a decade now.

You're comparing apples and oranges there. You buy video games. Netflix is more of a rental service. If you compare anything Sony offers, Playstation Now is probably the best thing to choose from.

 

In a communist country, paying Sony's bill might be acceptable. Here's the thing... America is not a communist country. It's a capitalist one.

 

By the same logic, maybe you should be paying full price for each of your games every month.

 

And that's part of what's wrong. 


Thats exactly what YOU are also doing.....

And your logic is flawed. Lots of logical fallaies that don't hold up, and you always complain without offering any solution....

You just want thing to be the way they are on PS3..... not gonna happen.

Logic, who would've thought eh? Oh wait.... No one thinks anymore.
Message 50 of 256 (197 Views)
Reply
0 Likes