First Son
3 posts

Re: Is Sony pushing PS+?

Jul 27, 2014
Everyone know ps online wasn't really good. When I found out that ps4 need plus for multi-player I'm hoping they use the money to make online amazing and great. Xbox has great online. People pay for that and the money makes it better. Playstation should do the same making people talk about how great playstation is instead of how xbox online is the best. I've wanted ps online to be amazing for so long. Hopefully paying for the service will make that happen. If not then it is a mess up on ps part and a waste of the money people pay for a great experience especially since a lot of games now are doing online co-op and a lot of multiplayer
Message 31 of 256 (167 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
23 posts

Jul 27, 2014
I honestly think that PS+ is pushing it to the limit, but think about it, with ps+ for multiplayer can improve the experience of playstation online servers. Playstation only made it free for the ps3 just to get customers going after the ps3 but now Sony needs more money to make the ps4 experience better. I hate paying for online multiplayer but it's worth it. Also some games don't require playstation plus for multiplayer yet so take advantage of that.
Message 32 of 256 (164 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
23 posts

Jul 27, 2014
Hopefully sony doesn't do stupid things with are money we give them, that's all.
Message 33 of 256 (164 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4927 posts

Jul 27, 2014

Brandon_here wrote:
I honestly think that PS+ is pushing it to the limit, but think about it, with ps+ for multiplayer can improve the experience of playstation online servers. Playstation only made it free for the ps3 just to get customers going after the ps3 but now Sony needs more money to make the ps4 experience better. I hate paying for online multiplayer but it's worth it. Also some games don't require playstation plus for multiplayer yet so take advantage of that.

Brandon_here wrote:

Where should I begin? lol All the older playstations had free online, wasn't just the ps3. Secondly, offering free games isn't good enough to warrant a psn+ charge considering you can get those same free games perhaps on your cell phone or pad or pc. So whats left is a console thats lacking.

I feel sonys greed is a problem now, because there will be micro-charges when its all said and done, and sony has to step it up a lot before its considered worth it. Lastly sony is now like microsoft. Money - money - money, thats all they care about, what we should be caring about is getting a better product for our money. As it stands thats not happening either. Demand more for your buck!!!

Message 34 of 256 (149 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13294 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 27, 2014

uh--oh wrote:

Brandon_here wrote:

Brandon_here wrote:

Where should I begin? lol All the older playstations had free online, wasn't just the ps3. Secondly, offering free games isn't good enough to warrant a psn+ charge considering you can get those same free games perhaps on your cell phone or pad or pc. So whats left is a console thats lacking.

I feel sonys greed is a problem now, because there will be micro-charges when its all said and done, and sony has to step it up a lot before its considered worth it. Lastly sony is now like microsoft. Money - money - money, thats all they care about, what we should be caring about is getting a better product for our money. As it stands thats not happening either. Demand more for your buck!!!

Right let me go and get Dead space 3 free for my tablet or my cell phone. Sure I think not. Wth your post you think its just tiny indies they give out. Yet they give out biggere titles as well that you wont find anywhere else free. Also the discounts you get on games pays for the service itself back. Batman Arkham Origions Blackgate $19.99 normal after sale and then plus sale $4.00. Right now PS3 20% off of pre orders. No matter what you  say how how  you push your point. Plus has its great features. Ive already gotten my money back out of it. So online is free for me this way. Problem here is people are just so pickey. Yes theres a subscriipsion fee. But if your just going to bash everything it has. Then why even bother. Go else where. If you dont like it. Dont be here complaining go esle where. You dont like it  LEAVE!  People want to nit pick it way to **bleep** much. You pay.  You get your online multiplayer. But you also get games discounts and many other features with it. Yet they rather pay a $10 fee for one game and have it go nowhere but the publishers pocket. Never making it any better for the player.  VS Plus tries to make the PSN better for everyone.

Message 35 of 256 (145 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7876 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 27, 2014

uh--oh wrote:

Brandon_here wrote:

Brandon_here wrote:

And what does this have to do with the PS4? Data storage and transfer requirements have changed in the past couple of years let alone the past 15 so wouldn't be within reason that Sony now has to account for these infrastructure requirements and in order to build and maintain that it costs money? Why you think everything should be free is beyond me.

To me, the free games are a by product, an add on. This is not the "main" reason we are paying for PS+. So you are getting more "bang for your buck" but you wouldn't know that, because YOU don't have it. PS+ has paid for itself already for me with a few of the games that I have played. To bad you cannot speak from experience. And yes there is a difference in performance between the PS3 and PS4 PSN, I see a noticable difference in transfers.

Sony is a business and in order to stay in business they need to make money. They are not here to donate their services to you which you seem to think they should. Devs have shown that they are willing to have micro transactions and if you don't want to pay for them that is up to you, it is not forced. BUT that is not Sony, that is the dev and publisher and the biggest culprits are EA and Activision. So how is that Sony?

You should begin by showing proof of your accusations that you keep making. Of course that will never happen.

PSXBGamer- wrote:
"2000-2016 still in the year 2000 i didnt know we was in the year 3000"

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-General/Does-it-bother-you-that-Sony-brags-about-how-well-they-re-doing/td-p/45935146/page/12

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRTN97XEASQ
Message 36 of 256 (129 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4157 posts

Jul 28, 2014

SHANE523 wrote:

And what does this have to do with the PS4? Data storage and transfer requirements have changed in the past couple of years let alone the past 15 so wouldn't be within reason that Sony now has to account for these infrastructure requirements and in order to build and maintain that it costs money? Why you think everything should be free is beyond me.

To me, the free games are a by product, an add on. This is not the "main" reason we are paying for PS+. So you are getting more "bang for your buck" but you wouldn't know that, because YOU don't have it. PS+ has paid for itself already for me with a few of the games that I have played. To bad you cannot speak from experience. And yes there is a difference in performance between the PS3 and PS4 PSN, I see a noticable difference in transfers.

Sony is a business and in order to stay in business they need to make money. They are not here to donate their services to you which you seem to think they should.

Devs have shown that they are willing to have micro transactions and if you don't want to pay for them that is up to you, it is not forced. BUT that is not Sony, that is the dev and publisher and the biggest culprits are EA and Activision. So how is that Sony?

You should begin by showing proof of your accusations that you keep making. Of course that will never happen.

That's partially because ISPs have implemented data caps for no good reason at all. They've given some excuses, but they don't hold water when you think about it. Since ISPs are the ones are the ones to blame for data transfer issues, logically speaking, paying Sony won't fix it unless they are offering Internet access and competing with ISPs that are doing a crappy job.

If the "free" games don't interest you (as in the games being offered don't appeal to you), how does it save you money? Part of the reason I don't have PS+ is the Random factor. If you were allowed to vote from a list of games, it would seem a little less random. Also, that difference in transfers could just be a memetic effect of paying for it. By this, I mean you believe paying for it makes it better, so it seems better to you.  http://www.scp-wiki.net/understanding-memetics

How about actually earning the money. Sony may be a business, but this is a capitalist country, not a communist one.

And I consider that as more of earning money than requiring PS+ for online multiplayer. They aren't trying to force it. Also, now that you mention them, EA doesn't require an extra fee to play their games on Origin, if I remember correctly.

You don't see the fee on PC, do you?

To live a life of power, you must have faith that what you believe is right, even if others tell you you're wrong. The first thing you must do to live a life of power is to find courage. You must be ready to reach beyond the boundaries of Time itself. And to do that, all you need is the will to take that first step. - Sonic CD Japanese front cover
Message 37 of 256 (122 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7876 posts

Jul 28, 2014

Ness_and_Sonic wrote:

That's partially because ISPs have implemented data caps for no good reason at all. They've given some excuses, but they don't hold water when you think about it. Since ISPs are the ones are the ones to blame for data transfer issues, logically speaking, paying Sony won't fix it unless they are offering Internet access and competing with ISPs that are doing a crappy job.

If the "free" games don't interest you (as in the games being offered don't appeal to you), how does it save you money? Part of the reason I don't have PS+ is the Random factor. If you were allowed to vote from a list of games, it would seem a little less random. Also, that difference in transfers could just be a memetic effect of paying for it. By this, I mean you believe paying for it makes it better, so it seems better to you.  http://www.scp-wiki.net/understanding-memetics

How about actually earning the money. Sony may be a business, but this is a capitalist country, not a communist one.

And I consider that as more of earning money than requiring PS+ for online multiplayer. They aren't trying to force it. Also, now that you mention them, EA doesn't require an extra fee to play their games on Origin, if I remember correctly.

You don't see the fee on PC, do you?

Business class Internet does not have data caps. It is also MUCH more expensive for what would be required for a datacenter. The cost for a 10Gb internet connetion is NOT cheap and I wouldn't doubt that they are looking at that kind of bandwidth for their datacenters. Notice it is plural!

Again the games are add ons. Has nothing to do with liking them or not. You are primarily paying for improved service and capabilities to the new PSN for the PS4. I wouldn't doubt that down the road Sony will host the dev updates and we will download them from Sony not the dev or publisher. It would be much faster for us, much more stable for us (at least should be) and you wouldn't see issues like Destiny where Bungie couldn't handle the load of MS and Sony hitting them at the same time.

Again MS is spending $2 billion on one datacenter that will help support Live. Where do you think Sony is going to get this money? And how long do you think it will take to uprgrade/build these centers?

PC also has ads in their games. They also micro transaction with certain games. They are making money too, just in a different manner. PC also doesn't have a network like the PSN or Live where you are maintaining a constant connection. Again that is primarily the costs for Sony and MS and where the subscription fees are going.

PSXBGamer- wrote:
"2000-2016 still in the year 2000 i didnt know we was in the year 3000"

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-General/Does-it-bother-you-that-Sony-brags-about-how-well-they-re-doing/td-p/45935146/page/12

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRTN97XEASQ
Message 38 of 256 (116 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4157 posts

Jul 28, 2014

SHANE523 wrote:

Business class Internet does not have data caps. It is also MUCH more expensive for what would be required for a datacenter. The cost for a 10Gb internet connetion is NOT cheap and I wouldn't doubt that they are looking at that kind of bandwidth for their datacenters. Notice it is plural!

Again the games are add ons. Has nothing to do with liking them or not. You are primarily paying for improved service and capabilities to the new PSN for the PS4. I wouldn't doubt that down the road Sony will host the dev updates and we will download them from Sony not the dev or publisher. It would be much faster for us, much more stable for us (at least should be) and you wouldn't see issues like Destiny where Bungie couldn't handle the load of MS and Sony hitting them at the same time.

Again MS is spending $2 billion on one datacenter that will help support Live. Where do you think Sony is going to get this money? And how long do you think it will take to uprgrade/build these centers?

PC also has ads in their games. They also micro transaction with certain games. They are making money too, just in a different manner.

PC also doesn't have a network like the PSN or Live where you are maintaining a constant connection. Again that is primarily the costs for Sony and MS and where the subscription fees are going.

So, blame ISPs for their problems. Don't take it out on consumers.

A lot of people get PS+ for the  games, not the online multiplayer. Also, just because something should be better doesn't mean it is. I mean, Windows XP vs. Window Vista. People actually believe Vista was worse than Windows XP. Likewise, Windows 7 vs. Windows 8. From what I have read, people prefer Windows 7 over Windows 8. Also, MS tried to make it harder to dual boot with Windows 8. If you wanted to run Windows 8 along side ZorinOS or some other Linux Distro, MS made things harder on you.

How about making the people pirated games from the Playstation Store via custom firmware that made the store think it was a dev. console and entering fake credit card numbers that were unchecked pay for it?

And like I said, I consider that to be earning it. It's pretty easy to block ads with the right browser addons on the PC. It's a bit harder to do on games. If they want to allow premium members to be ad free, go ahead. That seems fair. A number of sites do that. Also, Microtransactions aren't exactly that bad in my book.

It has several. Steam, Origin, GOG, etc. Also, that's where Sony and Microsoft want you to believe the money  is going. I have this strange feeling that Sony and Microsoft are actually pocketing a percentage of the money instead.

To live a life of power, you must have faith that what you believe is right, even if others tell you you're wrong. The first thing you must do to live a life of power is to find courage. You must be ready to reach beyond the boundaries of Time itself. And to do that, all you need is the will to take that first step. - Sonic CD Japanese front cover
Message 39 of 256 (107 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13294 posts

Jul 28, 2014

Ness_and_Sonic wrote:

SHANE523 wrote:

PC also has ads in their games. They also micro transaction with certain games. They are making money too, just in a different manner.

PC also doesn't have a network like the PSN or Live where you are maintaining a constant connection. Again that is primarily the costs for Sony and MS and where the subscription fees are going.

So, blame ISPs for their problems. Don't take it out on consumers.

A lot of people get PS+ for the  games, not the online multiplayer. Also, just because something should be better doesn't mean it is. I mean, Windows XP vs. Window Vista. People actually believe Vista was worse than Windows XP. Likewise, Windows 7 vs. Windows 8. From what I have read, people prefer Windows 7 over Windows 8. Also, MS tried to make it harder to dual boot with Windows 8. If you wanted to run Windows 8 along side ZorinOS or some other Linux Distro, MS made things harder on you.

How about making the people pirated games from the Playstation Store via custom firmware that made the store think it was a dev. console and entering fake credit card numbers that were unchecked pay for it?

And like I said, I consider that to be earning it. It's pretty easy to block ads with the right browser addons on the PC. It's a bit harder to do on games. If they want to allow premium members to be ad free, go ahead. That seems fair. A number of sites do that. Also, Microtransactions aren't exactly that bad in my book.

It has several. Steam, Origin, GOG, etc. Also, that's where Sony and Microsoft want you to believe the money  is going. I have this strange feeling that Sony and Microsoft are actually pocketing a percentage of the money instead.

Whats so funn is some of these games on Steam and Origigin. I get free or cheaper on my console. Why spend 29.99 on PC when i can get it half that on a console Lol Really?

Message 40 of 256 (103 Views)
0 Likes