Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
Survivor
Registered: 08/17/2010
Offline
2334 posts
 

Re: Is Sony pushing PS+?

Jul 27, 2014

Winscar_Shinobi wrote:
No but paying a 50$ blanket fee with free games and discounts that pay for the service is better than any alternative you 2 have ever stated on the forums in your arguments.

And way to overlook everything in my post but the first sentence.

I can't disagree with you about the value of the service (for certain people, not me), I have tons of "free" ps4 games from ps+ and even though I don't play any of them, my kids do enjoy some of them.  Once again, I'm only opposed to being lock out of the multiplayer portion of games I payed full msrp for.

 

Are you refering to someone else because I responded to your first post in my reply at the top of the 2nd page.

Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 256 (149 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 03/01/2010
Offline
2879 posts
 

Re: Is Sony pushing PS+?

Jul 27, 2014

I love PS+. Being on home gives me a great reason to buy it. If Home dies, or, they raise the price, I might not get it though. it's a perfect thing for my gaming needs right.


Thanks Asuka424 for the Signature
Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 256 (148 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 05/09/2006
Online
5648 posts
 

Re: Is Sony pushing PS+?

Jul 27, 2014
The problem with your logic ness is that for the online pass to work sony would have to increase game prices to 70$ to adjust for the 10$ pass. So for people who dont play online its 10$ extra for nothing, or they sell a game for 60$ and to access online you have to pay 10$ extra. Which is literally worse than plus. Because you pay 10$ just for 1 games online. No extra free games or large discounts.

Just adding online passes doesn't help anything. All it does is give sony 10$ for a used game sale assuming the used game purchaser wants to use it online. They'd need to charge for new games as well.
 photo newforumsig_zps5ec69817.png
Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 256 (142 Views)
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 11/19/2005
Online
2036 posts
 

Re: Is Sony pushing PS+?

Jul 27, 2014

Winscar_Shinobi wrote:
The problem with your logic ness is that for the online pass to work sony would have to increase game prices to 70$ to adjust for the 10$ pass. So for people who dont play online its 10$ extra for nothing, or they sell a game for 60$ and to access online you have to pay 10$ extra. Which is literally worse than plus. Because you pay 10$ just for 1 games online. No extra free games or large discounts.

Just adding online passes doesn't help anything. All it does is give sony 10$ for a used game sale assuming the used game purchaser wants to use it online. They'd need to charge for new games as well.

Also, this is with the assumption that SONY would be able to receive the entire price increase of $10. 

Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 256 (136 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 09/23/2010
Offline
1418 posts
 

Re: Is Sony pushing PS+?

[ Edited ]
Jul 27, 2014

Winscar_Shinobi wrote:
The problem with your logic ness is that for the online pass to work sony would have to increase game prices to 70$ to adjust for the 10$ pass. So for people who dont play online its 10$ extra for nothing, or they sell a game for 60$ and to access online you have to pay 10$ extra. Which is literally worse than plus. Because you pay 10$ just for 1 games online. No extra free games or large discounts.

Just adding online passes doesn't help anything. All it does is give sony 10$ for a used game sale assuming the used game purchaser wants to use it online. They'd need to charge for new games as well.

Except the fee is a one time fee. You have to keep paying for PS+, I'd prefer to pay the fee once by buying new and get it out of the way. Besides, the main reason for the pass was to get people to buy new, which they make money off, unlike preowned, if I'm not mistaken.

To live a life of power, you must have faith that what you believe is right, even if others tell you you're wrong. The first thing you must do to live a life of power is to find courage. You must be ready to reach beyond the boundaries of Time itself. And to do that, all you need is the will to take that first step. - Sonic CD Japanese front cover
Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 256 (135 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 05/09/2006
Online
5648 posts
 

Re: Is Sony pushing PS+?

Jul 27, 2014
Yes but they dont make 10$ off every game. Used all profits go to the reseller. Which is why they made an online pass. You cant recharge for a SP game but you can to access online servers. So they got what they could. New games third party sony gets a small platform royalty (less than 10$, I believe its 5-7$ they get) first party they get more due to publisher royalty but most of that money goes to the developer in R&D costs and devs pay checks. And its a 1 time fee. FOR EVERY GAME. The amount of people who buy fewer than 5 games a year especially on playstation is abysmally low. Meaning thia plan benefits a very small percentage of people.

So like I said if youd rather have 70$ for new games than ps+ then you can go ahead and sit in the "70$ video game" room with all 2 other people in the world who thinks thats a great idea.
 photo newforumsig_zps5ec69817.png
Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 256 (124 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 11/19/2005
Online
2036 posts
 

Re: Is Sony pushing PS+?

Jul 27, 2014

Winscar_Shinobi wrote:
Yes but they dont make 10$ off every game. Used all profits go to the reseller. Which is why they made an online pass. You cant recharge for a SP game but you can to access online servers. So they got what they could. New games third party sony gets a small platform royalty (less than 10$, I believe its 5-7$ they get) first party they get more due to publisher royalty but most of that money goes to the developer in R&D costs and devs pay checks. And its a 1 time fee. FOR EVERY GAME. The amount of people who buy fewer than 5 games a year especially on playstation is abysmally low. Meaning thia plan benefits a very small percentage of people.

So like I said if youd rather have 70$ for new games than ps+ then you can go ahead and sit in the "70$ video game" room with all 2 other people in the world who thinks thats a great idea.

That would create another can of worms again - raising the price on new games was discussed into the ground leading up to the PS4 Launch.  There is nothing wrong with the PS Plus Subscription Model.  LIke it?  Get it... Dont Like it?  Dont bother with it.  SImple as that

Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 256 (118 Views)
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 09/23/2010
Offline
1418 posts
 

Re: Is Sony pushing PS+?

Jul 27, 2014

Winscar_Shinobi wrote:
Yes but they dont make 10$ off every game. Used all profits go to the reseller. Which is why they made an online pass. You cant recharge for a SP game but you can to access online servers. So they got what they could. New games third party sony gets a small platform royalty (less than 10$, I believe its 5-7$ they get) first party they get more due to publisher royalty but most of that money goes to the developer in R&D costs and devs pay checks.
And its a 1 time fee. FOR EVERY GAME. The amount of people who buy fewer than 5 games a year especially on playstation is abysmally low. Meaning thia plan benefits a very small percentage of people.

So like I said if youd rather have 70$ for new games than ps+ then you can go ahead and sit in the "70$ video game" room with all 2 other people in the world who thinks thats a great idea.

It'd be more like a $3-5 price increase per game before taxes. 

 

I happen to be one those people who buys games new when possible anyway, so it doesn't matter as much to me.

 

Not quite $70, but even then, that's about it was for N64 games at one point. Its not a big deal to me. Actually, one way to offset the cost would be allow PS+ members to redeem those codes for funds towards their PSN wallets... Sort of like how Nintendo allows you to redeem codes that come with their games for points that can be exchanged for cool stuff.

To live a life of power, you must have faith that what you believe is right, even if others tell you you're wrong. The first thing you must do to live a life of power is to find courage. You must be ready to reach beyond the boundaries of Time itself. And to do that, all you need is the will to take that first step. - Sonic CD Japanese front cover
Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 256 (112 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 03/17/2013
Online
517 posts
 

Re: Is Sony pushing PS+?

Jul 27, 2014
Don't you see the holes in what you guys are saying?

Online games already made you pay a 1 time fee if your game was used to play online. It was like 3 or 4 bucks. I don't remember. I'm sure people are more than okay paying this.

But in my opinion, people in places with net limits may not consider or care for plus membership, as in, look at these games I can get but my net permissions will be used up if I get them. I don't think they need to pay a full premium if they're only looking to play online and not reap the benefits or just want to maintain what they have.

In my opinion, a one premium set up is unfortunately grabbing people who only want to retain their freebies and play online. Rather than people who want to get the benefits. It's really like a bag lunch. You get something and You might not always want it or like it.

This is normally something that could be ignored and something they tried their best to hold out on. I'm guessing that when they introduced PlayStation plus is when they felt the initial idea to incorporate the cash cow subscription. It is ill received, but in comparison to live it is very lenient and forgiving. But it's not live, and I feel they should accept that.

Bottom line: if they gave people the option to choose they could see that even picking and choosing months to pay for plus vs paying 30 on black Friday or maybe even the 50 could be beneficial. Honestly people need to be trained to be accustomed to the idea of a premium cost, and while I don't wholly side with the idea of paying full premium price for multiplayer. I know and am well aware what the alternative is to the competition.

But I thought when Sony announced, there were multiple levels of plus. I really think basic should be something.
Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 256 (107 Views)
Gaming Beast
Registered: 04/04/2013
Online
2129 posts
 

Re: Is Sony pushing PS+?

Jul 27, 2014

I have a question could a dev host it's own games and servers and opt out of the pay for online?  Its's done now for FTP games.


Member: Geezers In Arms
Getting Older doesn't mean it's GAME OVER
Member: Drive Club "Wheels N Motion"
Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 256 (94 Views)
Reply
0 Likes