Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Splicer
64 posts

Re: Is Sony/Playstation Going to Fix the Wifi?

Feb 24, 2014

I too have problems with the wifi on the PS4. Remote play is the most evident, direct connection 1 ft away from the console and it still cuts out.

PC: 3570K @ 4.6GHz | GTX 560 Ti @ 935/2125 | EVGA Z77 FTW | 8GB DDR3 | 180GB Intel 330 SSD
Consoles: PS4 | PS3 | PS2 | PS1 | X360 | XBOX | NES
Handhelds: Vita | 3DS XL | Gameboy Advance | Gameboy Color | Gameboy Pocket | iOS | Android
Message 21 of 25 (156 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2360 posts

Feb 24, 2014

?? Confused by this thread..My Wifi on my ps4 works great and downloads very fast, faster then ps3.

Message 22 of 25 (151 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8743 posts

Feb 24, 2014

Sorry but probably not, why would they?

The problem is people do not research this stuff before hand to see if a device has issues, then avoids that device.

The sellers realise their is an issue because they arent selling many, this is a great way to put pressure on the company to improve the product.

So lets look at the PS4.  It has some problems yes, but the reason the company cares about the problem is to increase sales.

Seeings how the PS4 is selling in record numbers the message to the company (Sony) is:

"Yes your product has problems and lacks features, but people dont care about that and are buying it anyways"

Because of this dont expect any Sony to do anything anytime soon, why should they?  They have your money now, you would have had a lot more power had you withheld your purchase, or returned the device after finding an issue you cant live with.

So obviously you can live with it, and Sony knows this.

Ya dug your own grave here, I cant feel bad for ya. Sorry man.  Next time vote with your wallet.

Dont worry, in a yr or two when the sales slow down they will start fixing what-ever they feel is holding back sales the most.

Be vocal on forums and get the message out, then maybe they will think fixing the wifi will increase sales one day.

Good luck!  Cheers.

Hawkfan267 wrote:
Seriously, there's just certain things that we must accept about the PS4. In time, it may get better, who knows.

dulun18 wrote:
**honestly if you still have your PS3.. and lot of games to go through.. there's no reason to jump onto the PS4 bandwagon just yet...
Message 23 of 25 (145 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8743 posts

Re: Considering the fact that if you want to have a stable co...

Feb 24, 2014

mattnett1 wrote:

Considering the fact that if you want to have a stable connection online and be able to download stuff from the PS Store gradually fast, you have to use wired.  Because of the simple fact that wireless is very bad in the PS4.  

And the 85mbps Powerline adapter is just horrible.  

I would love to get another one, but really.  considering my homes electic use, I don't know if it would help.

I have a modem/router gateway.  (It's combined) from Xfinity/Comcast.

I have a Netgear router (Pretty new actually), that is unused curretnly.  I might try that to see if I can get a better speed.

But I can get GREAT speeds on PS4.

I got like 20mbps dl.  And that was the estimate.  the mbps is mega-BITS per-sec.  Not BYTES.  (Yes there is a large differece)

Search on google.... PS4 wifi.

85% of the posts are saying that the wifi adapter built in the PS4 is just a piece of junk.  Why bother adding the Wifi in the ps4?

If you want to have good connection, and stable connection downloads you have to use WIRED.

Plain and simple.

I attempted my Powerline adapter.  DIdn't work for crap.  For somereason, I must just throw it away since it's useless.

EDIT...

Forgot to add that my buddy of mine opened up the PS4 and looked around in it.  (He did spend $400 to open the ps4 up and look at the hardware)

HE was even saying the adapter/antenna is in a bad spot, plus it is cheap.

He is a 'geek' in a way.  He has built at least 500 Computers in the last 2-5 years.  (Gaming-Buisness ones)

But does anyone have a clue...

IF I could use a Wireless Ethernet Bridge?

Stuff like this? http://compnetworking.about.com/od/hardwarenetworkgear/ss/wirelessadapter_4.htm

http://www.amazon.com/NETGEAR-Universal-Ethernet-Adapter-WNCE2001/dp/B003KPBRRW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&q...

85mb/s is horrible, but 20mb/s is a great speed?

OK got it.

Hawkfan267 wrote:
Seriously, there's just certain things that we must accept about the PS4. In time, it may get better, who knows.

dulun18 wrote:
**honestly if you still have your PS3.. and lot of games to go through.. there's no reason to jump onto the PS4 bandwagon just yet...
Message 24 of 25 (145 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
15664 posts

Feb 25, 2014

mattnett1 wrote:
The power line is pointless. Considering it is like max 85mbps

I jut want Sony to fix the wifi in the ps4.
The built in one is crap. It any even work with 5ghz wifi

85Mbps is 8x times faster than the countries average internet speed (which is just 10Mbps)
85Mbps is VERY GOOD.
And there does exist a 200Mbps and 400Mbps powerline adapter. Seems like yours is an older outdated model.

The PS4's Wifi works just fine. I use mine as Wifi in the 2.4Ghz frequency (out of necessity).  And with a 30/1 connection, I'm downloading 1GB to it in about 15minutes.

instead of immediately resorting to blaming your PS4 for the issues you're having. Why not look at your internet configuration FIRST and make sure its not an issue there.
Try resetting your modem, router, and powerline adapters FIRST.

Logic, who would've thought eh? Oh wait.... No one thinks anymore.
Message 25 of 25 (138 Views)
0 Likes