Reply
Sackboy
Registered: 05/03/2008
Offline
461 posts
 

Re: Is SONY to blame?

Mar 24, 2013

@darknova 

 

             I could easily make the argument that Obama's economic policies of taxing the heck out of businesses and forcing Obama Care on them (which developers and Publishers are businesses)  easily takes money away from them that would have normally been used for game development.     But any sensible person could see that more money to spend on your product for advertising or development means a better chance of success.   

Please use plain text.
Message 31 of 41 (123 Views)
Wastelander
Registered: 08/27/2011
Offline
704 posts
 

Re: Is SONY to blame?

Mar 24, 2013

It is not a devolper problem when it works for another sytem but not on psn. VOIP is simple and they know how to set it up. The problem is something on sonys end. I am pretty sure it started after the psn blackout. Dice has made 2 games before BF3 no issuies and all of a sudden that can't figure out a simple feature. It just seems very stange voip has been around since ps2 and there have been tons of games that worked fine. Now all of a sudden lots of issuies. It makes sence that it is on sonys end.

Please use plain text.
Message 32 of 41 (122 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 11/15/2011
Offline
986 posts
 

Re: Is SONY to blame?

Mar 24, 2013

DEATHxTOLL187 wrote:

VOIP aka online voice chat  has not been working for many games recently. I am starting to think it is on sonys end and not the games.

I think one of their patches has been scewing with VOIP. Bottom line It should not take months to hear your friends in game SONY need to get with the compines and find answers. I have been trying to play defiance beta but the mics do not work. They say they are going to fix it before launch but so did the games listed below.

 

Defiance - Latest victim

Medal of honor -   5 months after launch STILL BROKEN EA still has not addmitted there is a problem.

Borderlannds - Over a year before it was patched and still sucks

BF3  - Had problems MONTHS after launch

DCU -  Same thing

GRFS  - Same thing and it still happens sometimes.

 

PS SONY I own a 360 but pick PS3 for 90% of my purchases and this is what I get?

 

PS3 has a issuie with SS and mics they never fixed it.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-3-Support/PS3-V3-70-General-Headset-Issues-tempor...


These kinda comments make me ponder about gamers nowadays...

 photo 4fc81dda-42ac-43fc-8fa0-797ea986ead1_zpsd00221f5.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 33 of 41 (100 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 11/08/2006
Offline
123 posts
 

Re: Is SONY to blame?

Mar 24, 2013

xChrisGTRx wrote:

PHIBALNATION wrote:
Death toll go to a non fanboyish site and look for answers, here your gonna get nothing but "IT'S NOT SONY'S FAULT". I see where your coming from as I own both systems and know PSN is nowhere near the level of live. But hey it's free, and some people like free. You get what you pay for.

if anyones a fan boy here it sounds like you i mean right out the gate before offering a valid argument you spent your time spouting typical fanboy lines GG.. itsok though once you grow up and get into the real world you will to understand how things work i don't expect kids to understand that just yet 


I have kids your age, I guarantee ya. Hey i have both consoles and like them both, but I'm not a fanboy and will give a honest opinion on the 2 online services, it's a no brainer which is better. Just picked up MLB 13 the show, guess what it's unplayable on PSN, luckily I enjoy it offline aswell. And no it's not my internet connection, it's fine with any other game on live.

Please use plain text.
Message 34 of 41 (87 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 11/13/2009
Online
345 posts
 

Re: Is SONY to blame?

Mar 24, 2013
Well all of my online games are playable on my ps3 so you can go ahead and spend your $60 a year for online and I will get my ~60 games a year for $50. Your's must be better though. It's $10 more.

 

Please use plain text.
Message 35 of 41 (84 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 11/08/2006
Offline
123 posts
 

Re: Is SONY to blame?

Mar 24, 2013

smoothboarder540 wrote:
Well all of my online games are playable on my ps3 so you can go ahead and spend your $60 a year for online and I will get my ~60 games a year for $50. Your's must be better though. It's $10 more.

I did plus when it first arrived, did not sign back up, all the free games were trash and I played them once and done. And who pays $60 a year for live, you can get it for $30-$35. Do any of you sony fanboys have internet on your phone? $30 a year when you have internet at home(probably mommy and daddys basement). See what I'm getting at here. Let's all grow up.

Please use plain text.
Message 36 of 41 (69 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 09/03/2009
Offline
4253 posts
 

Re: Is SONY to blame?

[ Edited ]
Mar 25, 2013

I just got back from Pax and ran into a defiance dev I asked them about deaths comment. They did not want to talk about it but said VOIP is working on all other systems and they know how to implement VOIP. Sounds like he was skating around saying it being a psn issue.

___________________________________________________________
I backed H-Hour ! Why because I would rather play a game then run my mouth on a forum.
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1687497632/h-hour-worlds-elite-0






Please use plain text.
Message 37 of 41 (57 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 12/21/2007
Online
45121 posts
 

Re: Is SONY to blame?

Mar 25, 2013

TX11 wrote:

 

         i disagree with this statement pilgrim.   And any others who say its the developers or not sonys fault.    How many times have we been told that a game or dlc is going through sony qa.  Or sony approval.   Is it the developers fault the voip is messed up    Yes it is.      But sony is very much responsible for issues in games everything that is released on their console is reviewed personally by sony.  after the developers have reviewed it.   So ultamatly i feel it is 50/50 for the blame and everytime sony or nintento or microsoft releases a buggy game they should be blamed as well because in the end they approved it for release on their console.   Sony needs a better qa that cares about quality more then time and money.  And they wouldn't be in the mess their in with getting blamed.      


The VOIP could work fine during QA but then go wonky after release...like what happened with MAG.  In that situation (as is with the list of games from the OP) it is up to the devs to fix it and its also the devs fault, not sony's, when it goes wonky.  

Those games in the list's VOIP servers are dev controlled, not Sony via SSM.   Now if it was a game, like mag or SH, that sony has taken over the servers on...well..then sure you would have a point but unfortunately the games in this discussion are not in that situation.  (well one might be but the others....)

 

Anyway, yeah, either way having a headset not work when it should totally sucks.   Ruins the whole point of playing online when your headset wont work because of the software, not the hardware.  

Please use plain text.
Message 38 of 41 (44 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 12/21/2007
Online
45121 posts
 

Re: Is SONY to blame?

Mar 25, 2013

TX11 wrote:

@darknova 

 

             I could easily make the argument that Obama's economic policies of taxing the heck out of businesses and forcing Obama Care on them (which developers and Publishers are businesses)  easily takes money away from them that would have normally been used for game development.     But any sensible person could see that more money to spend on your product for advertising or development means a better chance of success.   



Its true actually.  Because of ObamaCare we will get less content in our USA dev based PS3/PS4 games due to the increased expense of compliance.   Or our price will go up for the games, the money has to come from somewhere and companies exist to make a profit so profits are not an acceptable place to get the money from.  

Please use plain text.
Message 39 of 41 (42 Views)
Sackboy
Registered: 05/03/2008
Offline
461 posts
 

Re: Is SONY to blame?

Mar 25, 2013

I see your point pilgrim i really do.    Im just saying that it seems odd to me that sony partakes in the profits but don't partake in the blame.   I was so **bleep** at bethesda with skyrim dlc.   And one dude says it was an exception.   I call BS.   Game of the year   one of the best selling games and sony was eating it hard because of bethesda so they had to help out.  Bethesda was even saying it wasn't possible on ps3 for the dlc so sony had a pr nightmare on their hands.   It was all about the money.     Sony always says we support 3rd party developers and we are the leader in 3rd party games but when voip don't work on multiple games and psn is run and regulated by sony it just plan looks really bad for developer and sony.

 

True story for you:      I bought GTA4 when it came out.  Went to play it when i got home and the ps3 did nothing but skip over and over my framerate was like 5.   All my other games worked fine.     I call rockstar and they tell me its not the game its the ps3 call sony and gave me the number to call.    So after calling sony i get told my a rep that rockstar is not being honest with me its defin not the ps3 and to call them back and explain it to them again.   So i call rockstar back again.   They were very nice told me the same thing again as the first time i called.     So this time i have all but lost sanity and call sony back again.   The rep answered and i went off told them i wanted a new ps3 something was wrong i have done what im told and keep getting **bleep**ed around by both companies.  And rockstar won't do nothing because they claim its on ps3 and sony knows about it.        Needless to say after 3 reps and a manager i finally got to send my ps3 in to get fixed.   Only i got a refurb back from sony not the same ps3.    So i put the same gta4 disc in that wouldn't work before.   And it worked fine not one problem no issue or anything at all was wrong.   

 

Point of this story   it wasn't the developer.   And everyone at sony repeatedly told me it was.   To this day that same disc and ps3 i have and both still work fine.    i was a really big sony fan up until this happened.   I no longer could trust the company and that symbol on everygame put out on ps3 is like a stamp of appoval or a gurantee it will work.    (remember movie tommy boy    A gurantee on the box)     The problem is the symbol hasn't changed but the quality it represents has.    Im on my 4th ps3 6 years into the generation.   I still have a launch working ps2 this many years later.    Sad that a company can fall so far from what it was at just last generation.     

                        Lets not forget sonys psn hacking 2 years ago in which they didn't even have the balls to tell us until a week after it occured.  

Please use plain text.
Message 40 of 41 (39 Views)
Reply
0 Likes