MVP Support
13577 posts

Re: Is SONY to blame?

Mar 23, 2013

DEATHxTOLL187 wrote:

If I eat a cookie at walmart and it sucks they will give me a new one.

The Issue involves sony how ever you look at it.  If psn is not the problem sony still has tons of mad players that could go buy the game on another platform and have no issues.  That is not a good thing for sony at all. Broken VOIP is huge if it does not work it should get its own patch ASAP. Waiting to lump it in with another patch is ridiculous.

If I buy a new game and it sucks, can I return it? No. I can only get store credit.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 21 of 41 (154 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
732 posts

Mar 23, 2013

I just heard Farcry 3 has VOIP problems too.

Message 22 of 41 (143 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
845 posts

Mar 23, 2013
I've played about 20 different games with voice chat, including BF3 and Borderlands. I've only ever had issues with it in mw2 and mw3. In both cases the voices of players would cut out for a couple seconds every 10-15 seconds. For mw3 at least, IW patched it a couple weeks later. Which is fast by most standards. If you want to blame Sony for anything you can blame them for how long it takes for them to test and approve the patches before allowing developers to release them. But how a game runs on the ps3 comes down to the devs and publishers. You can blame them if you want.
Message 23 of 41 (138 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1102 posts

Mar 23, 2013

Don't bother, he probably blames Sony when it rains too.

Message 24 of 41 (134 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15342 posts

Mar 23, 2013

Asphaltum wrote:

Don't bother, he probably blames Sony when it rains too.

Any sensible person would blame Obama.

Imperator Danknovaxperaux Divi filius Imp XIII Pont Max Trib Pot XLIX Cos CXVI Primus Signiferi Box-xy Princeps Moderatores Pater Forum

Fabulous!
Message 25 of 41 (126 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1013 posts

Mar 23, 2013
Probably. Maybe they even blame Sony for when their Xbox crashes. "My Xbox doesn't display picture anymore on my Sony tv. It must be Sony's fault when everything else works on it."
My PSN
Message 26 of 41 (122 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
141 posts

Mar 24, 2013
Death toll go to a non fanboyish site and look for answers, here your gonna get nothing but "IT'S NOT SONY'S FAULT". I see where your coming from as I own both systems and know PSN is nowhere near the level of live. But hey it's free, and some people like free. You get what you pay for.
XBOX LIVE GT: olLANDSHARKlo
STEAM: olLANDSHARKlo
Message 27 of 41 (115 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1102 posts

Mar 24, 2013

PHIBALNATION wrote:
Death toll go to a non fanboyish site and look for answers, here your gonna get nothing but "IT'S NOT SONY'S FAULT". I see where your coming from as I own both systems and know PSN is nowhere near the level of live. But hey it's free, and some people like free. You get what you pay for.

I own both too. But the arguments that he's made point to a developer problem and not Sony's.

Message 28 of 41 (113 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1392 posts

Mar 24, 2013

PHIBALNATION wrote:

if anyones a fan boy here it sounds like you i mean right out the gate before offering a valid argument you spent your time spouting typical fanboy lines GG.. itsok though once you grow up and get into the real world you will to understand how things work i don't expect kids to understand that just yet 

Message 29 of 41 (99 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
602 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 24, 2013

Unfortunately you are putting your energies in the wrong direction.   I would hop on those developers websites/forums and let them know you are dissapointed in their VOIP servers.

i disagree with this statement pilgrim.   And any others who say its the developers or not sonys fault.    How many times have we been told that a game or dlc is going through sony qa.  Or sony approval.   Is it the developers fault the voip is messed up    Yes it is.      But sony is very much responsible for issues in games everything that is released on their console is reviewed personally by sony.  after the developers have reviewed it.   So ultamatly i feel it is 50/50 for the blame and everytime sony or nintento or microsoft releases a buggy game they should be blamed as well because in the end they approved it for release on their console.   Sony needs a better qa that cares about quality more then time and money.  And they wouldn't be in the mess their in with getting blamed.  

With what was said about games being developed on 360 and ported over as being the cause.   This could be but also could not be the reason for issues.         I personally feel developers are speading resources out too much to appease multiple demographics and in turn less resources are put into a specific area of a game.    I also personally feel that the update argument is utter crap.   I have found that updates far often then not add to glitches in games rather then fixing them.  Sometimes devs get it right but most do not.   Zipper did this every update to mag broke something else.      Developers need to make a game that can stand on its own without updates and if one happens to be needed to address an issue or 2 so be it but update after update after update this generation is just annoying and insane.

Also to add to the broken games suck argument and consumers getting screwed by them try buying a game new at full price opening it trying to play it and it is unplayable.   You try to return it only to find out you can't because you opened the plastic on the case and could have copyied it.  SO now all you can do is eat the loss.  Sell it and make back some money or hold onto it hoping for an update to fix the issue.   But instead never gets fixed and developer gets fired.   Now What       (XMB Kicks in Starhawk and LBI firing)

Edit:     Would also like to point out that if you look at any game case you buy for a ps3.  It has a sony stamp of approval on it.   This is the Sony icon or even the fact that the companies name is on the case to begin with.   They put the sony name and sony brand icon on eveygame but are not responsible for any of the blame.   Sony to me used to mean quality when i saw that sony icon or symbol.    

Message 30 of 41 (93 Views)
0 Likes