I Only Post Everything
1010 posts

Re: Is PS4 has DRM, will you Dip?

Jun 9, 2013

Mayhem1421 wrote:

LazyShady wrote:

Not that I don't believe you or anything, but can you give a citation for this? It's interesting. 

They have no idea what they're talking about. All PB does is check processes and memory locations  and see if the game .exe has been injected with a aimbot or cham or anything else. It does not scan your hard drive.

No..There's some history about publisher's scanning stuff. [0]

photo 4fc81dda-42ac-43fc-8fa0-797ea986ead1_zpsd00221f5.jpg
Message 81 of 91 (179 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
166 posts

Jun 9, 2013

LazyShady wrote:

Mayhem1421 wrote:

LazyShady wrote:

Not that I don't believe you or anything, but can you give a citation for this? It's interesting. 

They have no idea what they're talking about. All PB does is check processes and memory locations  and see if the game .exe has been injected with a aimbot or cham or anything else. It does not scan your hard drive.

No..There's some history about publisher's scanning stuff. [0]

I was talking about PB or Steam VAC, they don't scan files for cheating software. So no idea what publishers do that. No game would be scanning your hard drive during game play it just dosen't happen.

Message 82 of 91 (176 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1873 posts

Jun 9, 2013

h4783101h wrote:

I've been a loyal Playstation gamer for well over a decade. I got a PS1, PS2 and PS3 on Christmas. "98, "02, "08

I loved all the exclusives, my fav are Final Fantasy 7, Final Fantasy 8, Final Fantasy 9, Final Fantasy 10, Chrono Cross, Crash CTR, Uncharted series, God Of War, ICO, Shadow Of The Colossus, Dark Cloud, Metal Gear Solid, the List goes on and On. 

I love Playstation. I really do. I'm even a PS+ subscriber, I love it. 

I'm also looking foward to The Last Of Us, Tales Of Xillia, Gran Turismo 6, Beyond Two Souls and the other great exclusives

However, I've been **bleep** about the recent reports about DRM. 

I know Developers and Publishers are losing money on used games and I feel for them, I really do. However, we're not all millionaires. We all can't afford to pay $60 a video game. I hate how retailers like Gamestop can't give a little share for used games. A small %, I mean you are selling their stuff, right? I don't want to have to pay a fee for anything I bought. I bought the game I should be able to do what I want with it. 

You want me to hold on to the game, then make a good game, it's that simple. Make a game like Uncharted 2, Metal Gear Solid 4 or LittlebigPlanet, goodness I love them both.

I hope for no DRM on any game. Not even third party games. No. I really want to play the next Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts. 

So I had to ask a loyal fanbase, would you dump Sony and the PS4 if it has DRM? 

I wouldn't even hesitate, I would buy a Wii U and build a PC and stay happy. 

So, would you? 

I will. People don't realize that PC is indeed even worse in the DRM area with Steam and Origin, no different.  I'd rather give my money to Sony.

PSN: Deadly_Rabbit123
XBL: BruteForce94

Proud Owner of Xbox One and PS4
Message 83 of 91 (165 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
243 posts

Jun 9, 2013

*IF* the PS4 has DRM as bad as the Xbox One plan....it would be the first Sony gaming device i do not end up purchasing.  Honestly i am still plenty happy with this generation thus far,and their are so many games i still have not played yet i could keep busy for another 8 years on PS3 if  i had to.  Honestly since Graphics have reached a point anyways where the improvements are fairly minimal compared to the huge jumps from past consoles IE SNES to PS1, PS1-PS2 etc that graphical improvements are of little concern to me anyway and the PS3 will still be supported for some time yet...(As will my Vita though hopefully the library will grow beyond what i can fit in a bookbag soon)

PlayStation 4
Playstation 3
3DSXL Cosmo Black
Vita 2000 (Slim) Black Borderlands 2 bundle
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU6bsOtsK8T5BA1zTZ1458g
Owner of LiquidEvilGaming Youtube channel
@LiquidEvilGames Twitter
Message 84 of 91 (164 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1729 posts

Jun 9, 2013
"I put my hand up on your hip. when i dip you dip we dip. you put your hand up on my hip. when you dip i dip we dip"
"While we're being honest, might I suggest something.

Please put your trophy profile as private, otherwise I might have believed you own a PS4 (thanks for the fake pic though)."

Message 85 of 91 (153 Views)
Lombax Warrior
92 posts

Jun 9, 2013

I'm very disheartened by people that don't care about Microsoft's decisions, and would still buy a PS4 if they had the exact same restrictions. I am truly and honestly very disheartened. If the PS4 forces me always to "check-in" simply to play my single player games, I will not buy it. 100 years from now my great-great grandchild should be able to stick my game in and start playing. If I don't have the option to buy discs that I own (not a license), I won't buy the PS4. If Sony bans rentals and lending games, especially first party games, I won't buy the PS4. I fully expect them to allow publishers to do something akin to the online pass, maybe even for their full games, but at least this would give me the option to boycott those publishers. Don't make it universal or build the infrastructure for them.

I wish more people that feel unaffected by these restrictions would take a moment to reflect on what they really mean. You don't own the game you're purchasing? Isn't that all you need to hear? Your friend can't borrow it? You can't sell it? No more rentals, seriously? The only enemy to the video game industry is pirates. Go to war with them. The enemy is not the poor kid that needs to sell his games to buy new ones or who lends his disc to a friend. Just take a moment to think about the future and what you really want.

I'm not going to lie. I will get so much satisfaction if this blows up in Microsoft's face. Please do not follow in their footsteps, Sony. Follow Nintendo this time. 1)Don't require an internet connection for single player 2)Do not ban used games or rentals 3)Man up and say physical discs are purchases that the consumer owns and can sell as they see fit. The only thing publishers should be allowed to do is the online pass.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nothing will benefit human health and increase chances for survival of life on Earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet. -Albert Einstein

Message 86 of 91 (133 Views)
Lombax Warrior
166 posts

Jun 9, 2013

psxsage wrote:

*IF* the PS4 has DRM as bad as the Xbox One plan....it would be the first Sony gaming device i do not end up purchasing.  Honestly i am still plenty happy with this generation thus far,and their are so many games i still have not played yet i could keep busy for another 8 years on PS3 if  i had to.  Honestly since Graphics have reached a point anyways where the improvements are fairly minimal compared to the huge jumps from past consoles IE SNES to PS1, PS1-PS2 etc that graphical improvements are of little concern to me anyway and the PS3 will still be supported for some time yet...(As will my Vita though hopefully the library will grow beyond what i can fit in a bookbag soon)

I doubt it'll be as bad as M$ plans for the XboxGone....We'll find out tommorow I guess, M$ has really **bleep** OFF there customer base it seems. If Sony does a bait and switch I'll just stay on PC I guess.

Message 87 of 91 (118 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1013 posts

Jun 10, 2013
I've been with Playstation since 1995. I know that they have seen the massive amounts of hate that MS has gotten and the insanely large amounts of people that are still sending them messages about #ps4nodrm. They have no choice but to extremely clearly see what the people want. Sony hasn't let me down in the past, I doubt that they will this time.
My PSN
Message 88 of 91 (92 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Jun 10, 2013
Pc is good but I hate it everytime I had to change the graphics setting. You dont have to worry about a lag if you have a fast computer but the graphics on the playstation since its blue ray look way better.
Message 89 of 91 (75 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3790 posts

Jun 10, 2013

I've been gaming with Sony for nearly two decades. I could care less about DRM, and I will be the first in line to purchase my order tomorrow when Amazon inevitably puts them up for pre-order.

Message 90 of 91 (66 Views)
0 Likes